[HDD] Toshiba 5TB 7200 3.5" HDD - $109 (Free Shipping)

FYI, Toshiba's RMA process sucks if you need to replace your drive. They do not replace it, they give you a VISA gift card for less than what you paid for the drive.
Took over 10 weeks to get my Visa card for my failed 4TB Toshiba 7200rpm drive.

FYI, Toshiba's RMA process sucks if you need to replace your drive. They do not replace it, they give you a VISA gift card for less than what you paid for the drive.

I happened to have recently RMA'd a toshiba drive. Yes they give you a VISA card but it's either for the amount you paid or the MSRP of the drive whichever is lower which seems more than fair to me. The 10 week wait is dead on.

I RMA'd a 3TB toshiba drive a few months ago and got a brand new drive in less than a week...

Should I stick with WD drives as my main drives, and Toshiba's in a duplicating raid storage setup?

Not touching this one. Took me almost a year to get my replacement. Will never buy another Toshiba product of any kind. as far as I'm concerned, they're an unethical company.

i have a 4 tb and 5tb toshibia x300 drives and they are really fast and been good drives. I use them to store my steam library

Should I stick with WD drives as my main drives, and Toshiba's in a duplicating raid storage setup?
Honestly it seems like a crap shoot nowadays with spinners. Just too many moving parts and platers made out of glass.

Back