HDA Mystique Dolby Digital Encoding Card Info

coolguy61 said:
If you’re an audiophile then this card is for you. Using Nvidia’s DVD Decoder in Dolby Digital DTS mode was absolutely astonishing. It was the first time in front of my computer that I actually felt like I was in a theater. Using high end headphones like Sennheiser you don’t hear any crackles like the Audigy cards. If sound quality is what is important to you then this is your card.

oh yeah he sure is an "audiophile" cause apparently Dolby Digital and DTS are the same format. hehehe

oh btw, all soundcards w/ a digital out can do a digital pass through. so I don't know what that guy is talking about. Your DVDs dont soundbetter because of DDL, cause the DVD is already encoded in Dolby Digital

To sorta update this, quote from HiTec Digital Audio Driver Downloads Page:

NOTE: First of all, sorry for 64bit driver delaying. We found some bug on their new release drvier. So CMEDIA engineer checking it now. We may update it on the beginning of Oct. We're very sorry we’re very sorry about delaying. Please wait for a while more. Thanks /endquote

Given this is the end of October, it would seem I and the other x64 users will be waiting for yet another few months before the next tantalizing, yet unhelpful, bit of info on a working set of drivers.

Yes, I'm somewhat jaded at this point...

We need a competent sound card manufacturer again. I bought both the X-Fi and the X-Mystique and both have had pretty poor support. How hard is it to update a driver within a reasonable time frame and do these people not have any type of manager or supervisor they answer to when they miss deadlines over and over? Im not trying to flame Im just frustrated that I have 230 dollars in soundcards laying here with no x64 support, and somehow my onboard audio on my 100 dollar motherboard has x64 drivers for it (which I might add are updated pretty regularly). Its kinda frustrating... Dont get me wrong under xp pro both these cards are great and I have no complaints about either but the support has been really poor when it comes to x64.

DPGX said:
We need a competent sound card manufacturer again. I bought both the X-Fi and the X-Mystique and both have had pretty poor support. How hard is it to update a driver within a reasonable time frame and do these people not have any type of manager or supervisor they answer to when they miss deadlines over and over? Im not trying to flame Im just frustrated that I have 230 dollars in soundcards laying here with no x64 support, and somehow my onboard audio on my 100 dollar motherboard has x64 drivers for it (which I might add are updated pretty regularly). Its kinda frustrating... Dont get me wrong under xp pro both these cards are great and I have no complaints about either but the support has been really poor when it comes to x64.

true... if video card companies can update their drivers monthly (i.e. ATI), i don't see why sound card manufactures can't.. ATI has 100s of different products and software too test too, which makes it harder than a stupid sound card.

Thanks for the link, they only do 2 Channel output which is still a step further than whats available for the X-Fi but it doesnt support the digital out either. Hopefully theyll get those updated soon, Id really like to go back to x64...

Mike

Just a FYI:

Creative released the DTS-610 which allows any 5.1 audio card vis analog out to be converted to DTS compressed 5.1 output via optical or coax. I'm not sure if it supports the 6-channel Digital out of Creative cards, but that would be kinda dumb if it didn't.

The DTS option offers more bandwidth than DD Live, so you get better quality compression.

Thanks :) Does it convert back to analog outputs or is it pass through? Im kinda interested in this now.

i have been experimenting more with my hdtv htpc stuff... and found that if you use ffdshow's audio codec and change the mixer to prologic(dolby), it really upconverts nicely to DDL for all movies. i mean, movies sound even better then when DDL upconverted without the mixer enabled. On top of this, you then need to go "output" and change it to ac3 (highest output rate)

look at this pic...
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/4200/outputsettings0kk.png

in fact just go here hehe:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=718978#post718978

i didnt use this guide, just found it helped make my explanation easier. if your new to ffdshow, it also helps upconvert your video to higher resolutions like 1280x720, which is great for anime (really makes it higher quality, not so much for other videos).

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ffdshow.cfm

Back