HD7XXX BIOS Editing Utility being developed

its really just for voltage tweaking, there will be no clock modifications.

its really just for voltage tweaking, there will be no clock modifications.

Mixed with the right BIOS it looks like it may help many cards reach max over clocks.

I'm experimenting with it and I'm not sure if it is working right but it looks promising so far.

My Vapor X HD7950 over clocked after using the BIOS editor on the BIOS.

OCVX7950.jpg

Wow, SonDa5, we've ascertained that your 7950 is a 7990!
It can do what few others could even dream of!

Wow, SonDa5, we've ascertained that your 7950 is a 7990!
It can do what few others could even dream of!

I'm still struggling to over clock the Vapor X HD7950 and I have been working on it slowly for months. My Sapphire 950mhz Edition HD7950 is alot faster and easier to overclock.

SonDa5, does the board power limit +50 help with the memclocks? I can do 1900 memclock on my ASUS card but it wont hold for long, maybe some more voltage will help.

If the memory is capable of running at higher speeds.

1900 is very fast.

I have Elpida memory on my Vapor X HD7950 and its limited to speed by its ability and increasing power doesn't help.

Keep in mind I am not certain this BIOS editor is working correctly. My card is stable though. Water cooling has helped my card alot but it still doesn't seem to over clock like it should and I am certain the BIOS needs some tweaking to unlock higher power limits.

If the memory is capable of running at higher speeds.

1900 is very fast.

I have Elpida memory on my Vapor X HD7950 and its limited to speed by its ability and increasing power doesn't help.

Keep in mind I am not certain this BIOS editor is working correctly. My card is stable though. Water cooling has helped my card alot but it still doesn't seem to over clock like it should and I am certain the BIOS needs some tweaking to unlock higher power limits.

How do you find the memory overclocks help you in gaming? Especially hen paired with a core clock increase? I understand the 7950 already has huge bandwidth, and increasing the memory sometimes doesn't help as much as other games, but that in some it may well do.

Are there instances whereby the speed of the core when overclocked aids more by overclocking the memory before further overclocking the core?

I ask this both for having the info, and aslo because I lament the fact my 7950 950 mhz's memory can only overclock to ~1350 mhz stably :/

How do you find the memory overclocks help you in gaming?

Card plays faster. I have seen nice benchmarks score increases by over clocking the memory on my Sapphire 950mhz Edition HD7950 which goes around 1800mhz.

Card plays faster. I have seen nice benchmarks score increases by over clocking the memory on my Sapphire 950mhz Edition HD7950 which goes around 1800mhz.

I'm sad my memory doesn't overclock well :( Is there nothing I can do about this? Would a diff BIOS make a difference (and have it stable at higher clocks? I can't imagine it will, though :/) Just the silicon lottery I suppose? Pity really...

Thanks,

I'm sad my memory doesn't overclock well :( Is there nothing I can do about this? Would a diff BIOS make a difference (and have it stable at higher clocks? I can't imagine it will, though :/) Just the silicon lottery I suppose? Pity really...

Thanks,

What is the exact full name of your card?

7950 cards packing elpida memory, usually don't clock very well on the memory. The ones with hynix mem chips, seem to clock the best on the memory. Silicon lottery...

7950 cards packing elpida memory, usually don't clock very well on the memory. The ones with hynix mem chips, seem to clock the best on the memory. Silicon lottery...

The Elpida memory on my VApor X HD7950 doesn't go as fast as the Hynix vram on my Sapphire 950mhz Edition HD7950 but I think the BIOS on the Vapor X HD7950 isn't as good for over clocking. The 950mhz Edition clocks to around 1370/1850 for 3dmark11 and the Vapor X HD7950 is stable around 1260/1600.

The Vapor X does feel good for gaming though. Both cards are good. I think the Vapor X HD7950 has more in it and hopefully with some BIOS editing the card will go faster.

I think the Elpida memory may have a little tighter ram and that would be part of the BIOS settings.

Both are good cards.

So is the 50% power limit going to help with overclocks much? I can get 1325 @ 1.238v. Anything more on the voltage side and it make zero difference. I think I just hit my cards max clock. I can do 1910 on my memory @ 1.7v

What is the exact full name of your card?

It's the http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1551&lid=1. It's the same as yours.

Wow. That's almost 1.5v. That can't be good for the card, can it?

My card is stable at 1200mhz @ 1112mV. The voltage being so low, I bet there's room for plenty more overclocking. But I don't have the cooling power. One VRM is tough to cool. I'm getting a new case and tryig to improv my airflow with 2 side fans blowing cool air directly onto the card (adding one helped a ton with VRM temps).

I might get thermal pads tohelp out, as you suggested. They're cheap, aren't they?

I don't think the BIOS editor is working right.

Only way to really verify voltage is with a multimeter directly to the the video card.

Back