HD7950 DirectCU II or Twin Frozr 3??

Silent Knight

[H]ard|Gawd
Well,the Sapphire Vapor-X batch i've been waiting for still got the same problem.So now i have to choose between the DCII and the TF3.

Which one should i choose?Which one has the better VRM and cooling?

Considering that i'll run them on fullload 10 hours a day at 1000-1050MHz core clock.

Thanks in advance.

I'd go with the TF3 based on my previous experience using one. Quiet and cool.

Get the Gigabyte HD 7950 OC with windforce 3x cooler. much better than twin frozr for cooling 1.2 Ghz overclocks.

TF3 gets my vote. MSI makes great video cards. I would definitely look into water cooling it though.

The WF3 is more expensive and not available so that's out of question.

Anyway,i'm getting the TF3 tomorrow.Thanks,guys. ;)

Yup,got my TF3 today.

A quick check with GPUz show ASIC score of 63%.

Idle temp looks good at 39 degrees Celsius (ambient temp = 31).I'll check the temp under load when i find out the way to fix that error in BTC miner.

Yup,got my TF3 today.

A quick check with GPUz show ASIC score of 63%.

Idle temp looks good at 39 degrees Celsius (ambient temp = 31).I'll check the temp under load when i find out the way to fix that error in BTC miner.
What difficulties are you having with your miner and which miner are you using?

What difficulties are you having with your miner and which miner are you using?
Phoenix 2.0.0
2E03v.jpg

Config:
[web]
password = quartz
[cl:0:0]
autoconfigure = false
kernel = phatk2
BFI_INT = TRUE
WORKSIZE = 128
vectors = false
vectors4 = true
vectors8 = false
disabled = false
bfi_int = true
fastloop = false
AGGRESSION = 10

If i change the BFI_INT then it would run,but only gives me 140MH/s at 920MHz core.Now i'm running GUIminer and get 500MH/s at 1100MHz.

On the topic,i'm really satisfied with the TF3.Running at 1100MHz 1.1v,fullload temp is 65 degrees (ambient temp = 30 degrees) and 58% fan (hardly noticable,way more silent than the 6950 DCII @60% fan).

Back