HD4350 No HDMI Audio

NotSoSimple

[H]F Junkie
I get perfect video but no audio what so ever.

Running an Asus EAH4350 plugging into my Onkyo SR-606 Receiver, that then goes to my 32" LCD. No problems if I plug in a DVD player.

Reinstalled the genering drivers for onboard sound (Windows 7 found them). Then updated them to Vista drivers via Acers website (Mobo is a Foxconn from Acer). Then found the drivers for Windows 7 on Realteks website. Still no sound.

Upon reading I found I need to download an ATI HDMI Audio driver from Realtek. I have found the driver and downloaded. However once installing it says it cannot find a compatible device and aborts the installation. Help! Really putting a damper on my new fangled HTPC :(

Install the HDMI audio drivers that come with the AMD CCC package. Once finished, set the default audio device to ATI HDMI Output.

1625y8m.jpg

I can confirm the 4350 does HDMI Audio so that is not the issue.
I honestly don't remeber where I got the drivers though.
I am running Vista, but that should not make much difference.

I can confirm the 4350 does HDMI Audio so that is not the issue.
I honestly don't remeber where I got the drivers though.
I am running Vista, but that should not make much difference.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121310&Tpk=asus 4350

Link to card if it helps anyone. Thanks for the confirmation, atleast that is one thing that I wont worry about. Do you remember if it was Realtek or ATI drivers?

Edit: Plugged directly into TV and same problem. Also was using a different cable so I know the HDMI is not at fault.

Last edited:
Do you remember if it was Realtek or ATI drivers?

At the moment I do not remember.I have it connected with analog audio at the monent to help test the XBMC DXVA2 builds. I plan on monday to revert back to hdmi video & audio.Can get you a solid answer at that time unless someone beats me to it.

One difference between my card and yours is I don't have a HDMI port on mine.I am required to use the ati dvi <-> hdmi adapter.

Last edited:
At the moment I do not remember.I have it connected with analog audio at the monent to help test the XBMC DXVA2 builds. I plan on monday to revert back to hdmi video & audio.Can get you a solid answer at that time unless someone beats me to it.

One difference between my card and yours is I don't have a HDMI port on mine.I am required to use the ati dvi <-> hdmi adapter.

Interesting, wonder if we have different card revisions? This is an Asus card, yours also?

Well I went ahead and processed an RMA for Newegg. Sucks that I have to pay $9 to send it back though. However I think that is the issue since I have been through a lot of troubleshooting. If anyone else has any advice I am open ears.

Did you check Realtek's site for their driver? I remember that those cards with a dongle had to use Realtek's driver to get it work (back in the day) but ATI does provide a driver too.... Weird issue. Google for the realtek driver if you haven't already and give it a shot.

Upon reading I found I need to download an ATI HDMI Audio driver from Realtek. I have found the driver and downloaded. However once installing it says it cannot find a compatible device and aborts the installation. Help! Really putting a damper on my new fangled HTPC :(

Did you check Realtek's site for their driver? I remember that those cards with a dongle had to use Realtek's driver to get it work (back in the day) but ATI does provide a driver too.... Weird issue. Google for the realtek driver if you haven't already and give it a shot.

See above, yeah already tried it. Thanks though.

Damn (skimmed thread). How about another adapter? Another HDMI cable?

Damn (skimmed thread). How about another adapter? Another HDMI cable?

Haha also mentioned trying a different cable. What adapter? I am just using HDMI out on the card to HDMI on my Onkyo and TV. Card did not come with the special DVI>HDMI adapter that some cards came with.

Ah, sorry. The other guy mentioned it so that's probably how it got into my head. Damn, completely removed the drivers and reinstalled? Set the audio control panel to use HDMI out?

Haha yeah already tried it. Safe mode and nuked everything. Control Panel has no HDMI out, that is my issue. It will not detect or allow me to install the drivers. Uber frustrating :(

Windows update? I had trouble with my 8200 series mobo at first but I noticed there was a driver update on Win update that fixed my issue.

Update: So it is finding my reciever no problem but still no audio. REason I know is because in the CCC when I go to Desktop Properties it lists 'ATI Radeon HD 4300/4350 Series (TX-SR605)' which the last part is the model of my Onkyo receiver.

Still does not explain why I cannot get audio when I plug directly into the TV.

Sending the card back to Newegg. Problem is they are OOS and said they might refund my money. So if that is the case, should I get the same card or do you have any more recommendations? Needs to be low profile w/ HDMI.

Good call. Low Pro and most are passive cooling. If I get refunded I might just spend the extra $30 and get it.

Yeah has to be a bad card. Didnt get a chance to send it back to Newegg today, but will tomorrow. So unfortunately until they tell me if they are replacing it or refunding I wont be buying another card. Bummer too since my HTPC is my only source for hi-def content and I got my new 42" tonight :p

*Sigh* got a new card fresh from RMA, same damn issue. I tried the newer 2.42 Realtek ATI Audio Drivers and got the same 'No compatible devices'.

Are we having a conflict with the onboard audio/BIOS? Can you guys think of anything else?

It could be your receiver. While I was running windows 7 RC I couldn't for the life of me get the sound to work through HDMI with my denon receiver. But if I plugged it straight into my TV it would work fine. Same problem with Arch Linux it seems.

Alright, I will give it a shot. More troubleshooting tomorrow I think. If it works I owe you a beer.

I ran into the same kind of issue with a Visiontek 3450. I got no sound from the onboard HDMI connector. Out of curiosity , I put the dvi to hdmi adapter from a 3870 I had lying around on it and what do you know. It worked fine. From what I found, some of the early cards onboard hdmi connectors didn't push the audio correctly. Now the 4350 I have has worked perfectly though, so go figure.

I am on the HTPC right now with no change. Hooked directly to TV, no receiver. No audio. I resintalled the onboard sound drivers and my available sound playback devices are:
Speakers, Realtek High Defention Audio, Ready
Realtek Digital Output, ltek High Defention Audio, Default Device

Neither of them play sound. Yes I checked if it was muted and if the volume was up. I do not have a DVI>HDMI adapter, as the card does not need one/did not come with one. Found some new drivers (As of 2 days ago) on Realteks site that I am going to try.

Edit: Absolutely nothing. I have an SPDIF header on my mobo but no jack/low pro back plate to use.

Last edited:
Strange question. I have an onkyo 604 and in the settings on it need to basically point to the hdmi audio to the source I want to use. Basically, if I have the hdmi in, I have to (on the onkyo) set the hdmi audio to link to whatever input I am using. I am not sure if on the 606 you have has a hdmi per input source on your receiver but mine only has two. So I have to say, connect the video and audio to Video 1 (or whatever.) Actually select HDMI1 to Video1. Maybe / maybe not. Could be the same with the tv. It may not have the sources linked. Highly unlikely though. Just throwing in my two cents... : )

Good luck!

Back