HD Intel Integrated Graphics Good For 3 Monitors? i3 LGA1200

Kevin5255

Limp Gawd
Hi all, My laptop workstation isn't cutting it anymore and I'm going to build myself a tower workstation. And it's an excuse to build another rig! I need to support 3x 1920x1080 monitors. I'm going to the current-gen Intel LGA1200, although a cheap i3 CPU. I'm loading up on RAM because of my Chrome tab issues but I want to keep this cheap and avoid a graphics card if I can. I am pretty sure the Intel HD Graphics on these new mobos have outputs that will give me three monitors at 1920x1080.

Do you guys think it can handle this output?

i3 what? maybe but most boards only have two onboard outputs.

I was going for the latest i3-10100 because it's nearly a $100 jump to the i3-10300 and I'm pinching pennies. Probably cannibalizing one of my 16GB ram sticks from my gaming rig to use!

And I found a few boards that at least have 1xHDMI, 1xDVI, and 1xVGA. I will probably end up asking my buddy for his old GTX660 that he has sitting around doing nothing.

it should be ok handling 3x1080p, any higher is gonna be iffy or at reduced refresh rates. a 660 would handle it better.

I would triple check your motherboard to make sure that it actually supports 3 displays on all 3 outputs at the same time.

I think the 660 would be a better option if you get it for nothing.

Intel has supported triple displays on their IGPs since the HD Graphics 2500 back on the Ivy Bridge CPUs. The UHD Graphics 630 on the i3-10100 supports the same three displays up to 4096x2160@30Hz (HDMI) and 4096x2304@60Hz (DP and eDP) VGA and DVI are most likely coming off of a DP converter chip and will have reduced resolutions and refresh rates, but will still be able to handle 1080p at 60 Hz just fine. You may have issues with signal integrity on the VGA output that cause visual artifacts. Not really much you can do about this other than find a good quality shielded cable, which are hard to find these days.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-10100-processor-6m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

I've done triple display setups using various Intel IGPs over the years and it's fine for desktop use. Where you do run into trouble is if all three screens get busy with HD video and 3D rendering, where it slows way down.

Intel has supported triple displays on their IGPs since the HD Graphics 2500 back on the Ivy Bridge CPUs. The UHD Graphics 630 on the i3-10100 supports the same three displays up to 4096x2160@30Hz (HDMI) and 4096x2304@60Hz (DP and eDP) VGA and DVI are most likely coming off of a DP converter chip and will have reduced resolutions and refresh rates, but will still be able to handle 1080p at 60 Hz just fine. You may have issues with signal integrity on the VGA output that cause visual artifacts. Not really much you can do about this other than find a good quality shielded cable, which are hard to find these days.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-10100-processor-6m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

I've done triple display setups using various Intel IGPs over the years and it's fine for desktop use. Where you do run into trouble is if all three screens get busy with HD video and 3D rendering, where it slows way down.
Thank you! This is a huge help. The most intense GPU usage will be light video editing, and that VGA output will be my email/skype/slack monitor so I won't need to worry about artifacts or refresh rates.

Intel has supported triple displays on their IGPs since the HD Graphics 2500 back on the Ivy Bridge CPUs.

One caveat: only works on Displayport.

Intel fixed this massive cluster with Haswell having 3 independent clocks (you can use any combination of the three). they also added offical support for 4k@60 DP

One caveat: only works on Displayport.

Intel fixed this massive cluster with Haswell having 3 independent clocks (you can use any combination of the three). they also added offical support for 4k@60 DP
Yeah, should have mentioned that part. You gotta juggle ports to get the right combination that works. Many video cards from that era needed expensive "active" adapters to have certain display configurations work. Thankfully most of that annoyance is behind us, unless you're working with older hardware.

Back