HD Homerun Price @ Amazon, Pre-Order

Freak! Only $207? I was thinking this would be $300 or more. Wish I would have waited a couple months, I got my ati tuner for $130 about 3 months ago, for $70 more I would have gladly gone for new and 2 more tuners.

Edit: Is there any indication of a release date? Amazon preorders stuff that has months to go sometimes.

Edit2: Also amazon doesn't charge till they ship don't they? So I could preorder and just keep my current tuner and then sell it when I know this one is coming out.

Last edited:
Nick at Silicon Dust forums said this

I can say that the rollout will be in two stages with the 6-tuner Theater unit first and the 3-tuner Prime following soon after. Both will be available with 30-day pre-ordering through a major retailer to be announced.
Link to thread

Have been waiting for this to be released as I had tremendous luck with the QAM version they released. In the last two weeks I almost bought a Ceton tuner twice from [H] peeps put theirs up for sale. Glad I had cold feet.

Nick at Silicon Dust forums said this

Link to thread

Have been waiting for this to be released as I had tremendous luck with the QAM version they released. In the last two weeks I almost bought a Ceton tuner twice from [H] peeps put theirs up for sale. Glad I had cold feet.

Edit - it looks like some online stores are incorrectly listing the HDHomeRun Prime as available for pre-order. The sites we have reviewed are not authorized to take pre-orders and will not be first in line for delivering product. The pre-order program will be announced in the announcement email and on our website.
Looks like pre-order isn't authorized and therefore you might not get first come first serve shipping if you do pre-order at the moment.

I preordered anyways at amazon. They don't charge till it ships and I can cancel any time. I wonder if I could get $100 for my ati tuner when this thing comes out, would be nice. Ceton tuner is just too much for me.

Amazon cancelled my pre order
Hello,

We're contacting you about order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime Premium Digital Cable Television HDHR3-CC (Black)

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for this disappointing news.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

Got the same email, I thought the price was too good to be true, and the post about stores putting up preorders to early didn't help either. I can't even find the order on the order page, they removed every trace of it.

Multistream CableCARD (M-Card) device from your cable provider, Tuning adapter/resolver from the cable provider (if Switched Digital Video (SDV) is in use).

What are these? I really want nothing to do with Comcast other than that damn check I send them every month.

Multistream CableCARD (M-Card) device from your cable provider, Tuning adapter/resolver from the cable provider (if Switched Digital Video (SDV) is in use).

What are these? I really want nothing to do with Comcast other than that damn check I send them every month.
thats the whole point of this thing.. you need a cablecard from them in order to decrypt the channels. the first one is free

I wonder how much the 6 Turner version will cost and how many cablecards will be required.

the first one is free

While Comcast does not charge you for the card itself, it's not exactly free either. Comcast considers cablecards to be "HD addressable converters", exactly the same as an HD STB or HD DVR. As a result, they hit you with a monthly "HD Technology Fee". In my case, they charged me $9.25 a month for my "free" cablecard.

While Comcast does not charge you for the card itself, it's not exactly free either. Comcast considers cablecards to be "HD addressable converters", exactly the same as an HD STB or HD DVR. As a result, they hit you with a monthly "HD Technology Fee". In my case, they charged me $9.25 a month for my "free" cablecard.
fair enough, as long as you're paying for an HD bundle, the first one is included in the cost. (better?)

I suppose the advantage of this over the internal Ceton, besides networking, is freeing up a slot on ITX rigs, plus offloading cpu cycles for Ions and Zacates that might need them.

Correct?

I suppose the advantage of this over the internal Ceton, besides networking, is freeing up a slot on ITX rigs, plus offloading cpu cycles for Ions and Zacates that might need them.

Correct?

And price if it is close to what amazon had it for, if its $300+ then not so much. I would say being able to split the tuners to different machines and not needing one of them on all the time to do it is also a bonus.

Forgot about price, assuming the $207 number is not a fluke.

The Ceton has maintained its $430 (shipped) price without competitors.

Back