HBA Suggestions (3TB/FreeNAS)

Strmtrper6

Limp Gawd
Looking for an HBA or RAID card.

3TB drive support
At least 2 SAS ports
FreeNAS and possibly Solaris support
Support for SAS Expander(HP,Intel, or equivalent)
Cheaper the better(as long as it is reliable).

Alternately, possibly a good i5 mobo with 6+ sata ports as a stopgap till support is more widely available.

Anything exist along these lines available? Was planning unraid but apparently it doesn't support 3TB yet.

Strmtrper6

Limp Gawd

aaaahi

Limp Gawd
Put the cash down on a IBM M1015. You can usually find them on ebay for $75. Common server pull. Sas/Sata 6Gb connectivity, 3tb support, works with the HP and Intel SAS expanders, JBOD mode. For around $130 you can get the feature key that allows raid 5 and 50. I wouldn't go with the LSI 1068 chip due to age and issues with expanders.

Strmtrper6

Limp Gawd
Put the cash down on a IBM M1015. You can usually find them on ebay for $75. Common server pull. Sas/Sata 6Gb connectivity, 3tb support, works with the HP and Intel SAS expanders, JBOD mode. For around $130 you can get the feature key that allows raid 5 and 50. I wouldn't go with the LSI 1068 chip due to age and issues with expanders.

I think you are the savior I was looking for.
Researching now...

*edit Seems like it still might work with freenas with some tweaking, or will work eventually. If not, I can just use another solution.

Either way, looks like a great card. Thanks again.