Hazro HZ30Wi, HZ27Wa & HZ27Wb

their warranty is not up to scratch as I see it.
Our warranty policy was revised to conform to ISO13046-2. Since our relaunch, we have yet to receive a 30inch monitor back for pixel defects and practically every user experience posted online points to just how surprised customers were seeing not a single pixel defect.

Hazro,

I am very interested in one of the new 27 inch models, but there seems to be a lot of people slinging dirt on here when it comes to the Hazro name. I will be ordering from the US. What guarantees do I have that I will either not get a defective monitor, or that Hazro will properly take care of the issue if for some reason I do receive a defective monitor. Note, when I say defective, I mean by my standards, so if there is even one dead pixel, it is defective in my opinion. Will Hazro address one dead pixel? Will Hazro address back light bleeding or color uniformity issues?

Thanks,
Josh

Hazro,
Is free shipping available in all the EU countries? Even for express shipping? I saw 3 options for shipping on Hazro site and all of them were free of charge. I don't know if it's a bug or not...

What about the 24" ones? When will they be available?

Hazro,
Is free shipping available in all the EU countries? Even for express shipping? I saw 3 options for shipping on Hazro site and all of them were free of charge. I don't know if it's a bug or not...

What about the 24" ones? When will they be available?

The shipping rates are as they appear - some models have free shipping whilst others don't. Currently, the HZ27WC and HZ27WA have worldwide free shipping.

The 24" models are still in the pipeline - we're so overwhelmed with the 27" LED versions that everything has been put back for now

Hazro,

I am very interested in one of the new 27 inch models, but there seems to be a lot of people slinging dirt on here when it comes to the Hazro name. I will be ordering from the US. What guarantees do I have that I will either not get a defective monitor, or that Hazro will properly take care of the issue if for some reason I do receive a defective monitor. Note, when I say defective, I mean by my standards, so if there is even one dead pixel, it is defective in my opinion. Will Hazro address one dead pixel? Will Hazro address back light bleeding or color uniformity issues?

Thanks,
Josh

Our warranty policy can be found by downloading the instruction manual on the product description page. Its simply not possible for any panel vendor to class a panel 'defective' based on 1 pixel being out [panels are classed in grades]. The very highest grade panels end up in medical displays where e.g. backlight uniformity must be spot on for X-ray diagnosis. The rest go into consumer electronics and C grade panels go into industrial displays.

Attitudes, expectations and standards vary amongst customers but its important to understand that pixel defects are characteristics of LCD and LED panels - OEMs that offer '0 bright dot guarantees' do so knowing that only a very tiny portion of their customers will go pixel hunting [i.e. upon receipt of a monitor, some customers will spend time scrutinizing the panel in the hunt for defects even though the panel is perfectly usable - we've heard of cases where customers couldn't find any problems but later decided to use LCD inspection software only to find 1 pixel out which resulted in an RMA].

We've tailored our policy in line with the ISO 13046-2. We would never put a monitor on the market which has a bright flashing pixel slap dead center of the panel. Having said that, we cannot guarantee a 100% pixel defect panel and consider a few RGB outages to be acceptable. Since Jan 2011, we have yet to receive a single monitor back for pixel defects which is a testament to our improved QC and LGs improved production methods. Reviews on certain forums will also point to just how impressed customers have been with the quality of panels they've received [despite a relaxed defect policy]. LGs 'LM' range of IPS panels especially 23" and above were notorious for non-uniformity a few years back but they've come a long way since then.

Sorry if this was already answered somewhere, but I really can't afford to read 9 pages of posts....

Are the HZ27W* models not for sale yet? I just glanced at
this review at TFT Central
and wanted to check out the pricing on these. The review is from early March, and it's already June. Yet there's not a single store that carries these, apparently? I entered the models into google shopping and got zero results. When will these models become available and do you have any estimate of the price?

Thank you.

P.S. Oh, I see from above that you only have them for sale through your website? Any plans to start offering these through regular retailers like Amazon.com?

Hazro,
There have been numerous people who have pointed out the HZ27WC's problem with resolution control and HDCP compatibility with Nvidia graphics cards. Is Hazro working to create a fix for this problem or are the Nvidia users out of luck? I would really like to purchase one of these for a gaming monitor but do not want to order a screen all the way from the United Kingdom (I'm in the US) if there are known compatibility issues with my graphics card. Also, about how long does it take the monitor to actually get to the states? I've been hearing much better things about the recent batch of monitors keep up the good QC.

These look sweet! A 24" version of the HZ27WB would be perfect. Do you guys plan on adding the USD payment option soon?

Almost decided to get the A version, being in Canada I was hesitant but now with the HDCP issues I am almost completely put off.

For anyone concerned with the input lag (26ms according to TFT Central), this value is wrong due to inacurate testing methods. The input lag is going to be around 16ms (1 frame), just like the similar Dell models with scalers (measured by PRAD.de).

Hazro is it still possible to get the C version with a glass face? What initially attracted me was the glossy screen, but I had heard that you guys switched to a plastic screen.

Hazro is it still possible to get the C version with a glass face? What initially attracted me was the glossy screen, but I had heard that you guys switched to a plastic screen.

only in UK from the main retailer (overclockers)....the normal stock of both is glossy with glass coating :)

the normal stock of both is glossy with glass coating :)

I saw on overclockers that you had a choice to purchase the glass screen. So are you saying if I don't order from overclockers, it is still glossy, just a plastic screen though?

All of them have a plastic design / casing but at Overclockers you can order it with or without the glossy glass front. If you order from anywhere else they only have the glass version as far as I know

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum after discovering the Harzo monitors that may interest me but I have a question for international shipping as I checked the Harzo website and did not see Australia :(

I have emailed to Harzo and waiting for a response.

Thanks,

Danny

Hello there Mr.Hazro,

I'm one step from ordering the Hazro HZ27WB screen. But i have one question i would like you to answer for me if it won't be to hard.

I've used DELL U2711 alot at work lately and i find it's coating too grainy and almost dirty. Compared to this screen, how does the Hazro look?

Has anyone seen the difference?

Matte behaves better for my line of work, but if it looks like the DELL, i don't have any other choice but looking at a glossy one.

Sometimes the coating seems to ruin the picture, atleast for me.

Thanks, Dan

C model is the exact same as the A model but with only DVI input, no OSD or scaler chips (as a result less input lag)

Just as good for about £100 less.

I'm wondering if it would be any better for gaming than a 2006 era S-PVA monitor? (HP LP2465)

I am thinking about 30" HZ30WIQ, can anyone who has it write me if it is worth buying.

I am a bit worried what happens if it breaks down, where do I send it (on hazro homepage there is no address nor telephone, nothing it looks a bit suspicious)

Also I read somewhere that warranty is a bit strict in some ways. What will happen if I find my new monitor to have some dead pixels?

I am thinking about 30" HZ30WIQ, can anyone who has it write me if it is worth buying.

I am a bit worried what happens if it breaks down, where do I send it (on hazro homepage there is no address nor telephone, nothing it looks a bit suspicious)

Also I read somewhere that warranty is a bit strict in some ways. What will happen if I find my new monitor to have some dead pixels?

Not sure about the Hazro details, but the dead pixel warranty says there must be a few dead pixels (greater chance of success if they're in a cluster) for it to be considered.

Unfortunately, if you're abroad and buy from a UK company you're not covered under the selling of goods act, which would allow you within 7 days to decide you didn't want it any more for whatever reason - that's what I plan to do if I get a few dead pixels at least. :p

Not sure about the Hazro details, but the dead pixel warranty says there must be a few dead pixels (greater chance of success if they're in a cluster) for it to be considered.

Unfortunately, if you're abroad and buy from a UK company you're not covered under the selling of goods act, which would allow you within 7 days to decide you didn't want it any more for whatever reason - that's what I plan to do if I get a few dead pixels at least. :p

I live in UK so 7 days will cover me too. I think that I just have to buy it and that's it. The more I think about it the harder it is to make decision

I live in UK so 7 days will cover me too. I think that I just have to buy it and that's it. The more I think about it the harder it is to make decision

Yeah, just try it out.

Getting mine tomorrow, thinking the non HDCP with the C version will be an issue in the long term.... fuck.

Has anyone gotten a response from Hazro recently? I've emailed since I'm interested in buying one or getting on some sort of waitlist once they come back in stock... :\

kencheeto
I have asked them on Tuesday or Wednesday, about power cable if it is the one with power brick. They did reply to my email within one day. So definitely there is someone there.

LC155
Did you order your monitor already or you are gonna pass? If you did can you please write us how do you like it.

I think that I will go with HP zr30w instead (I was considering Hazro, Dell and HP) Hazro looks tempting but I am a bit afraid as it is such a small company and the difference in price is £230 for me so I think I will better pay extra for my peace of mind. Dell was the one I really want to but Input Lag of 24ms is a bit repulsive, HP has 10ms so I will forfeit the inputs and osd from dell for the HP I think.

Last edited:
Ok so I went with HP zr30w, got it yesterday, can't rally say anything yet, just tested it for dead pixels, and had none. One thing I noticed straight away is that if I grab an icon on the desktop and drag it along the screen following it with my eyes (a bit silly explanation) I can clearly see that the icon is lagging behind the mouse cursor. I tried same thing with some window and couldn't see this effect so I have no Idea if this is this input lag or whatever else. I am only thinking that mouse cursor should lag as well so maybe it can't be the input lag.

Screen is huge and honestly I am not used to that much space ;) I have all my icons piling in the center of it so I don't have to turn my head around too much.

I chosen HP as oppose to Dell and Hazro because:
  1. Dell had far too big input lag, inputs are great but as I don't plan to buy console or conect any blurays I woudn;t use tem, dell also has OSD which could be useful sometimes but since I have been using my old Samsung 970p for 6 years without it and without any way of adjusting brightness or contrast (just in ati controls) I thought that I wouldn't miss it anyway
  2. Hazro as a company is very little known and I didn't want to risk £800 just to gain £230 in comparison of HP price, and also there is a bit strict warranty on them

EDITED
I have just have a look at other screen at work HP L1908w and it has same kind of effect with the mouse but in opposite direction, meaning that icon moves before the mouse cursor, it must be some kind of windows thing then

Last edited:
Ok so I went with HP zr30w, got it yesterday, can't rally say anything yet, just tested it for dead pixels, and had none. One thing I noticed straight away is that if I grab an icon on the desktop and drag it along the screen following it with my eyes (a bit silly explanation) I can clearly see that the icon is lagging behind the mouse cursor. I tried same thing with some window and couldn't see this effect so I have no Idea if this is this input lag or whatever else. I am only thinking that mouse cursor should lag as well so maybe it can't be the input lag.

Screen is huge and honestly I am not used to that much space ;) I have all my icons piling in the center of it so I don't have to turn my head around too much.

I chosen HP as oppose to Dell and Hazro because:
  1. Dell had far too big input lag, inputs are great but as I don't plan to buy console or conect any blurays I woudn;t use tem, dell also has OSD which could be useful sometimes but since I have been using my old Samsung 970p for 6 years without it and without any way of adjusting brightness or contrast (just in ati controls) I thought that I wouldn't miss it anyway
  2. Hazro as a company is very little known and I didn't want to risk £800 just to gain £230 in comparison of HP price, and also there is a bit strict warranty on them

EDITED
I have just have a look at other screen at work HP L1908w and it has same kind of effect with the mouse but in opposite direction, meaning that icon moves before the mouse cursor, it must be some kind of windows thing then

Thanks for the feedback- I've emailed them again hoping for a response.

..The glossy, scaler-less C version looks interesting to me if I ever decided to do 2 more screens for eyefinity gaming to go with my 27" ACD since they are what looks like around $310 cheaper after shipping (~ $690 USD each) and have a bit less input lag. However I think I'd have to get two powered minidp-to-duallinkDVI adapters off monoprice to hit the 2560x1440 rez off my amd gpu's mini-dp outputs, and those adapters are around $70 each + tax. That's still around $230 or so cheaper each monitor which is a lot, especially if I were to get two.
active/powered minidp to dual link dvi adapter
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=6904&seq=1&format=4#feedback
..My other concern is the power plug. Do they ship a standard north american power adapter/plug with these?
..I'm still taking my time paying off my ACD on 12mo no interest but that should be done before december. I'm just thinking about the hazros at this point, but might get more serious about it at tax return time. Earlier on I had considered a 120hz 27" *3 eyefinity gaming array added to my desk but the more I learn about 120hz on lcds - I have been coming to the conclusion that the benefit is subtle and costs too much in tradeoffs and at a high price, at least for my taste.
.. Otherwise I'd probably save my money toward getting a 27" quad HD 60hz IPS someday. I'm keeping my ears open for better info on when those would actually come out and what the pricing would look like. Some think as early as the next year(or two). If release time + price (or price-over-time until the price normalizes if early adoption price is crazy) looks like too many years away I'd probably write that idea off and go back to my other options.

..The glossy, scaler-less C version looks interesting to me if I ever decided to do 2 more screens for eyefinity gaming to go with my 27" ACD since they are what looks like around $310 cheaper after shipping (~ $690 USD each) and have a bit less input lag. However I think I'd have to get two powered minidp-to-duallinkDVI adapters off monoprice to hit the 2560x1440 rez off my amd gpu's mini-dp outputs, and those adapters are around $70 each + tax. That's still around $230 or so cheaper each monitor which is a lot, especially if I were to get two.
active/powered minidp to dual link dvi adapter
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=6904&seq=1&format=4#feedback
..My other concern is the power plug. Do they ship a standard north american power adapter/plug with these?
..I'm still taking my time paying off my ACD on 12mo no interest but that should be done before december. I'm just thinking about the hazros at this point, but might get more serious about it at tax return time. Earlier on I had considered a 120hz 27" *3 eyefinity gaming array added to my desk but the more I learn about 120hz on lcds - I have been coming to the conclusion that the benefit is subtle and costs too much in tradeoffs and at a high price, at least for my taste.
.. Otherwise I'd probably save my money toward getting a 27" quad HD 60hz IPS someday. I'm keeping my ears open for better info on when those would actually come out and what the pricing would look like. Some think as early as the next year(or two). If release time + price (or price-over-time until the price normalizes if early adoption price is crazy) looks like too many years away I'd probably write that idea off and go back to my other options.

I wouldn't be thinking about the Hazro monitor too much since it seems they no longer ship outside of Europe anymore. The only other retailer site that sells these as well (overclockers.co.uk) also doesn't ship outside of the UK. I tried contacting Hazro to order multiple times but of course I never heard anything back. It's too bad too because the monitors made on August or after now have universal power supplies so they would work in the USA. Might as well keep your 50% more expensive ACD. Let me know if you have any luck getting a Hazro.

The overclockers.uk site's dropdown shipping calculator shows united states on it so I guess I just assumed they shipped to the usa. I was just playing around with the idea so far so I wouldn't be ordering any time soon. Thanks for the info about the power supply though.. and that their support can ignore people. :rolleyes:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/delivery.php

Last edited:
.Reading a lot of bad support stories for rma's and such, and charging for support phone # on hold for 30 - 40 mins at a time, etc.. with webnotes option lost in the shuffle or receiving canned responses from it. Not looking like a good idea, especially to usa. I guess I'll keep an eye out for ACD refurbs, etc.. maybe the minidp one's price will drop vs their thunderbolt one.

The overclockers.uk site's dropdown shipping calculator shows united states on it so I guess I just assumed they shipped to the usa. I was just playing around with the idea so far so I wouldn't be ordering any time soon. Thanks for the info about the power supply though.. and that their support can ignore people. :rolleyes:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/delivery.php

I also contacted overclockers.co.uk about being able to ship the monitor since you can choose a USA shipping address but they told me no as well

After a fair bit of research i opted for the Hazro Hz27WD and i have to say im not impressed, it looks cheap and has a rounded front to it, my old Samsung 245B looked far better in appearance and i dont really see much of an improvement in image quality, maybe i need to go to specsavers.

As for the stand, what a pisstake it's not height adjustable and is currently sitting on some books, im not really up for paying another 100 sheets for a stand it should of been shipped with in the first place, Dell lag puts me off, may send it back and go for the HP myself. I would go for the Samsung A27950d if it wasn't for a lack of 2560 x 1440 res.

Hello
I don't know if person from Hazro is still reading this,
but if this is happens please help !
I send back an Hazro SN HZ27WCNG00731
after one year ( still under warranty )
using RMA provided by hazro, it was received end August by Hazro.
From beginning October until today, I sent more than 10 requests using contact form
I never received any answer.
So I am wondering if Hazro still exists ?
What can I do to get into contact with Hazro support ?
This is extremely disturbing.
I will not recommend to buy from them according to this bad blackout.
Thanks for any help.

Let's put facts on the forum:
80 days after my defective monitor arrived at Hazro
and 7 days after sending a tracked letter, to Hazro repair center
I received a too polite mail from Hazro saying :
Dear xxxx
It has come to my attention that you've experienced diffiuclty in obtaining support for your Hazro monitor. I have now taken over the case after an audit and will ensure the issue is swiftly resolved. Can you kindly explain (along with a timeline) of what exactly has gone wrong and what your current status is. I will also need your full address and contact details as well as the monitor serial number.
Best regards
Dan Nuttfield
Hazro Technologies

9 days later a second mail announced that :
Dear xxxx
I have looked into your case and am now waiting on confirmation for a replacement to be sent out. I will notify you once this is given.
Regards
Dan Nuttfield
Hazro Technologies

But today, one month from Dan's last mail and near 4 months after monitor return, I don't have any new, apart from 2 previous too polite mails.

So I think that
Dan Nuttfield is a liar
and Hazro is a band of thieves
1: warranty terms are not respected
2: customer is peanuts for Hazro

Do you want a good advice ?
Never buy Hazro !

Bernard

Last edited:
Back