Hazro HZ30Wi, HZ27Wa & HZ27Wb

Dang... I was interested in the glossy 27" until I found out about the lack of inputs and a scaler. If someone would make a glossy screen with the exact features of the Dell U2711, it would be an absolute winner. *sigh*

Why is it so hard? Is this really such a niche market? I guess so...

1. is the 24" IPS/LED with multiple inputs going to be a glossy screen?

2. I remember you saying that DP and HDMI had essentially the same pin layout earlier in the thread.

Without a scaler, would one be able to use a PS3 or Xbox 360 with an HDMI to DP cable (no converter) or a PC with a DVI to DP cable (no converter)?

If the scaler is easily incorporated, why not add that, then people can by cheap cables that are HDMI to DP or DVI to DP and let the scaler sort out the signal coming in.

1. Yes, the 24" IPS LED will feature a glossy panel.

2. DP and HDMI do not share the same pin configuration: HDMI and DVI do [with the only difference being audio transmission which the latter cannot support]. Scalers only 'scale' or 'map' resolutions and monitors typically scale to native, wide or 1:1 formats. You would be able to use DP>HDMI or DP>DVI once we've ironed out all the bugs on the 27" LED.

We've had numerous questions similar to yours so I thought I'd answer the above as well as other Qs in one post: As a basic non-technical example, a WQHD monitor has 2560 pixels running horizontally and 1440 in the vertical plane. A fullHD source would have far less [i.e. 1920 horizontal by 1080 vertical]. When the source 'enters' the monitor, any of the following can happen:

a- input resolution [which is alot smaller than the monitors native] is 'blown' to fit the space of the larger display [this is called interpolation and results in a fuzzy picture if the 'blowing up' difference is big. However, often many don't notice this interpolation. Say a 16:10 WUXGA monitor which has 1920 [H] x1200[V] pixels is fed a fullHD source. Horizontally, the pixels are mapped perfectly but vertically, the source is out by 120 pixels. In this case, if the image is 'blown' or interpolated, you can't really notice the difference because its only 60 pixels from the top and bottom [and especially given the pixel size is 0.270mm]

b- Image is 'mapped' 1:1 or 'forced' to display at the source resolution. Based on the above example, the scaler would introduce 60 pixel thick black bars or borders along the top and bottom [but not on the sides as the source horizontal resolution is the same as the displays native]. 1:1 mapping is usually called 'aspect' on TVs and monitors. Similary, if you mapped a smaller resolution [e.g. 800x600] on a monitor which supported 1:1 pixel mapping, you'd see that source centered in the screen with borders along all 4 sides. It would almost look as if there was a monitor within a monitor.

c- If no scaler is present, you can opt to mimic forced mapping via software. This is what happens when you watch a DVD in either a window or in 'full screen' mode. The software will play the software at its recorded resolution [window] or blow it up with borders along top/bottom.

Last edited:
1. Will the 24-inch IPS LED screen have full rotation/tilt controls?
2. Dunno if this is a no brainer but will it also have RTC like the 27 inch screen?
3. Any input lag figures yet?

1. Please elaborate: I assume your referring to a 3axis adjustable stand which allows for tilt, swivel, rotation and elevation [in which case, yes, the 24" LED IPS will share a similar stand to that used by the 30" and 27"]

2. Yes, it will but I don't have any figures for the actual vs. compensated values.

3. Not yet, but they'll be good as its essentially a TV controller bunged into a monitor panel..!

You would be able to use DP>HDMI or DP>DVI once we've ironed out all the bugs on the 27" LED.

Hazro,

Thanks for the informative post. Two more questions, then I'm done, haha.

1. So as quoted above, are you saying I would be able to hook an HDMI device up to the 27" LED monitor WITHOUT a converter box?
2. I appreciate all the info on the scaler, but I seem to remember reading that the 27" LED will not include one. Have you guys changed your mind, will it include a hardware scaler?

Thanks again for taking the time to talk to us.

Josh

eh USB HUB is not so important......hazro when will you offer 27 in EU beside UK?

Quite a few missed Qs for which I apologise: Yes, we're looking at selling directly via our new e-commerce site as well as via Amazon, Play and Pixmania. We have reduced shipping prices to all major destinations in the EU and immediately beyond. Often, the costs of owning a Hazro monitor are the same whether your a UK or EU buyer.

1. Please elaborate: I assume your referring to a 3axis adjustable stand which allows for tilt, swivel, rotation and elevation [in which case, yes, the 24" LED IPS will share a similar stand to that used by the 30" and 27"]

2. Yes, it will but I don't have any figures for the actual vs. compensated values.

3. Not yet, but they'll be good as its essentially a TV controller bunged into a monitor panel..!

Ah thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know! Looking forward to pricing and availability down the line.

I haven't heard anything from Hazros' website about the cost and availability yet. Still early and it sounds like they have been very busy since introducing these new displays. I can imagine they are swamped. I think a lot of people want bigger and better displays, they just won't/can't pay over $1000 for them.

Hazro,

Thanks for the informative post. Two more questions, then I'm done, haha.

1. So as quoted above, are you saying I would be able to hook an HDMI device up to the 27" LED monitor WITHOUT a converter box?
2. I appreciate all the info on the scaler, but I seem to remember reading that the 27" LED will not include one. Have you guys changed your mind, will it include a hardware scaler?

Thanks again for taking the time to talk to us.

Josh

up for answers.

Thanks,
Josh

Ya, um, you can get all the specs confirmed if you want but if you can't buy them it doesn't matter. I haven't heard back from them and two others got no response either. I guess they're not very interested in selling any monitors here in the US. Oh well, I'll keep a look out for a good deal used.

Quite a few missed Qs for which I apologise: Yes, we're looking at selling directly via our new e-commerce site as well as via Amazon, Play and Pixmania. We have reduced shipping prices to all major destinations in the EU and immediately beyond. Often, the costs of owning a Hazro monitor are the same whether your a UK or EU buyer.

dear mr Hazro

First, we're all waiting for news regarding the 27ers. :p

Specific question regarding your post: do you ship vat-free to Switzerland? That would make quite a difference since UK vat is around 20% whilst here is 8%. For a sensible launch price I would consider buying 2 or 3 over the 3x24-1x30" setup that I'm looking at the moment.

cheers

Last edited:
Hi Hazro

Any chance you'll be doing any monitors with DP inputs?

Thanks

UK buyer here, recently received 2 * HZ30Wi. Excellent quality monitors, even in standard gamut flavour. Zero dead pixels, been on 24/7 for a couple of weeks.

1aqN

1aqX

The HAZRO logo is displayed in matte grey on the front and back of the monitor. The casing is full black aluminium and the monitors are substantially heavy than my main, a Dell U3011.

UK buyer here, recently received 2 * HZ30Wi. Excellent quality monitors, even in standard gamut flavour. Zero dead pixels, been on 24/7 for a couple of weeks.

1aqN

1aqX

The HAZRO logo is displayed in matte grey on the front and back of the monitor. The casing is full black aluminium and the monitors are substantially heavy than my main, a Dell U3011.

How much was it??

I take back what I just stated, upon trying to repair a stuck pixel I just noticed the whole panel broke.

>:|

Will be contacting Hazro immediately.

IMG

IMG

I am wanting to buy the HZ30Wi (I am in the EU), but I havn't got a response on the email I sent to Hazro. I am wondering if I should just go for U3011 instead.

Rokodo, I would appreciate if you could find the time to answer these questions:

- When comparing the HZ30Wi to your U3011, do you notice any difference in the image quality?
- Is U3011 worth the extra price?
- Have you tried any gaming on these monitors? If so, is the any noticeable difference between HZ30Wi and U3011 regarding responsiveness?

Thank you.

Is there anyway we could get our american hands on these new Hazro 27" glossy displays? It seems like (from the TFT central review) that these suckers are gonna be awesome!

Could we just order from hazro and pay for shipping to the US? Anyone know?

Is there anyway we could get our american hands on these new Hazro 27" glossy displays? It seems like (from the TFT central review) that these suckers are gonna be awesome!

Could we just order from hazro and pay for shipping to the US? Anyone know?

Once it becomes available directly from Hazro like the 30 inch, we will be able to purchase it. I believe it is a 62 British pound sterling flat rate for shipping and whatever the cost for the monitor itself.

What I'm hoping for is a 24 inch version of the HZ27WC with the glossy screen.

Once it becomes available directly from Hazro like the 30 inch, we will be able to purchase it. I believe it is a 62 British pound sterling flat rate for shipping and whatever the cost for the monitor itself.

they need to get a newegg affiliation for the love of god i want a real 27" monitor with a hardcore resolution 1900/1200 on a 27" will not do

I am wanting to buy the HZ30Wi (I am in the EU), but I havn't got a response on the email I sent to Hazro. I am wondering if I should just go for U3011 instead.

Rokodo, I would appreciate if you could find the time to answer these questions:

- When comparing the HZ30Wi to your U3011, do you notice any difference in the image quality?
- Is U3011 worth the extra price?
- Have you tried any gaming on these monitors? If so, is the any noticeable difference between HZ30Wi and U3011 regarding responsiveness?

Thank you.

First of all, sorry for the late reply.

-In terms of image quality it's a difficult question to answer. The U3011 is a wide gamut monitor and the Hazro standard gamut. It really depends on your needs. On default settings the U3011 has a slight pinkish-red push and the Hazro (which cannot be calibrated via an OSD) has a more noticeable green push.

-Hazro's warranty as it currently stands is worth fuck all. It doesn't cover anything worthwhile, most noticeably mechanical/physical defects such as stuck or bright pixels. I'm lucky that we had contents insurance. You get what you pay for.

-Gaming-wise I would also take the U3011 over the Hazro due to the fact that it seems to have a slightly better response time in practice.

I'd say just stick with the Dell especially if it's going to be your main monitor. Aside from all the extra inputs and features, you'll probably get much more in the way of customer support. Hazro is a tiny company that cannot afford to spend time on dealing with problems. And as I said, their warranty is not up to scratch as I see it.

-In terms of image quality it's a difficult question to answer. The U3011 is a wide gamut monitor and the Hazro standard gamut. It really depends on your needs. On default settings the U3011 has a slight pinkish-red push and the Hazro (which cannot be calibrated via an OSD) has a more noticeable green push. t.

just a note that the HZ30Wi is actually a wide gamut screen with 92% NTSC coverage, as opposed to "standard gamut" which is only 72% NTSC /sRGB. the Dell U3011 is slightly larger at 102%NTSC.

We have a 24" IPS 16:10 LED Backlight monitor which ft. HDMI/DVI/VGA/Component/SPDIF/Speaker Out. However, its on hold for atleast another month.
Hi,
Any updates on this model?

Will it have the same design as the 27" models (with the rounded corners and full glass panel)? I love their design...

Any chance of USB input(s) on this model?

Will there be a version without scaler (for low input lag)?

Despite the issue I've had with one of Hazro's 30 inchers the other one I have is pretty much perfect. It faired better in pixel walk tests than my Dell U3011.

Will be keeping those 27" models in mind for the future... They look like great value compared to the U2711 and ACD.

I personally hope Hazro can keep growing, this company seems to have great potential as long as they can keep competitive price points on their products.
Hopefully as they grow they will be able to provide a more reasonable warranty on their premium (27-30") products.

Despite the issue I've had with one of Hazro's 30 inchers the other one I have is pretty much perfect. It faired better in pixel walk tests than my Dell U3011.

Will be keeping those 27" models in mind for the future... They look like great value compared to the U2711 and ACD.
If you check out the OcUK forums, it seems the QC for the first batch of 27" monitors (finally being supplied after weeks of delay) is little short of disastrous.

Personally I have zero confidence in Hazro as a company, and I wouldn't touch one of their products with a ten-foot bargepole. YMMV. :)

If you check out the OcUK forums, it seems the QC for the first batch of 27" monitors (finally being supplied after weeks of delay) is little short of disastrous.

Personally I have zero confidence in Hazro as a company, and I wouldn't touch one of their products with a ten-foot bargepole. YMMV. :)

Yeah, you're right. Quality control more superior in the UK? Hah.
I'm just hoping that my replacement 30" isn't cocked up. Good thing there is no glass cover for that one, and therefore nothing can get trapped under glass.
Playing the pixel lottery is great when you win but sucks when you lose.

hazro: "the demand has been overwhelming and we are working flat out to satisfy requests from businesses/resellers and end users"
Stop ordering them people. Rokodo needs a good QC'd monitor. >:|
This may explain why the first batch has been so horrible. They're trying to expand too quickly.

Last edited:
Question. How the heck did Hazro even get their hands on these panels? IPS panels are only manufactured by LG and have always been AG coated, until Apple decided to pay LG premium for a glossy batch. Hazro certainly doesn't have a fraction of Apple's cash pile, so I'm a bit confused how this European company is selling glossy IPS displays.

If the panel is glossy it may be lesser quality stock that Apple didn't want to use, or LG may be producing a level of surplus that allows Hazro to purchase those panels without a premium.

Just my theory based on your suggestion.

Hi, I'm in California, United States and I would like to buy the Hazro HZ27WA. Can anyone show me where and how I can make an order? I know OverclockersUK has them in stock but do they ship to United states? And do they also accept US dollars? If not, is there somewhere else that I can order that monitor right now? Hazro website? or anyone from Hazro here can help me out? thank you.

Hi, I'm in California, United States and I would like to buy the Hazro HZ27WA. Can anyone show me where and how I can make an order? I know OverclockersUK has them in stock but do they ship to United states? And do they also accept US dollars? If not, is there somewhere else that I can order that monitor right now? Hazro website? or anyone from Hazro here can help me out? thank you.

you will have to wait, until hazro sells them on their site directly.

jincuteguy,

Not to rain on Hazro's parade, but it seems most of the guys at OverclockersUK are trying to RMA their displays due to bad QC. Are you sure you don't want to just wait a month for the new 27" Samsung PLS displays?

Yea I saw a lot of ppl are trying to RMA their Hazro HZ27WA / WC. And I also read about the new Samsung PLS 27" one. But when do you think this 27" PLS will come out? I thought they said sometimes in Spring and spring is almost over and I haven't seen any info about the pricing.

Also regarding the Samsung PLS 27", isn't the price will be expensive? since it's new technology? The Hazro is much cheaper. What do you think?

If the panel is glossy it may be lesser quality stock that Apple didn't want to use,
I almost guarantee you that's where they are getting them from.

You must have more than 9 hot pixels, 9 dead pixels or more than 21 sub pixels for them to consider a warranty exchange. They also won't exchange for colour uniformity (can anyone say Apple yellow tint issues?) problems either. Don't even think about buying these screens if you're picky.

If you're ok with a screen that has several dead pixels (it doesn't actually bother some people), iffy uniformity (likewise), and dealing with a company that has a track record of being "difficult" to get a hold of when it comes to warranties, then go for it. You'll get a cut price Apple Cinema display and might get lucky when it comes to avoiding problems (don't count on it).

I wouldn't go down that path personally.. As the saying goes, you usually get what you pay for.

Has anyone tried to access the site Hazro these days? Yesterday you see the domain site hosted (eUKhost), today the following message appears: "The store is closed at this time."

I still want to see this monitor 24 " were people talking about in this forum, but the unfolding of events, I think I'll buy before Hazro recover.

Does anyone know anything about the history of this company? TFTCentral has reviews of other monitors older, someone who has purchased one can opine on the quality and efficiency of these monitors?

I thought of buying a Dell U2410, but after I read about the problems that have given with last panels, and this model is about to enter in Dell Outlet USA, I am thinking of the equivalent NEC (NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXi2), or Fujitsu P24W-6 IPS (Class I in Pix Max Default ISO 134406-02).

However, monitor 24 " with these characteristics and glossy, I don’t find (other than the Apple LED Cinema Display).

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.

Yea I saw a lot of ppl are trying to RMA their Hazro HZ27WA / WC. And I also read about the new Samsung PLS 27" one. But when do you think this 27" PLS will come out? I thought they said sometimes in Spring and spring is almost over and I haven't seen any info about the pricing.

Also regarding the Samsung PLS 27", isn't the price will be expensive? since it's new technology? The Hazro is much cheaper. What do you think?

jin,

PLS panels are ~10-15% cheaper to manufacture than IPS panels, so pricing on the Samsung SA850 should be pretty competitive with current IPS displays.

We're back after a long absence on Hardforum. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We'll go through the last few pages and will endeavor to reply to unanswered questions

We've had a 24" 16:10 IPS glossy monitor for about 2 years now ft. HDMI, DVI, VGA, SPDIF etc. However, it was never 'market tested' and therefore never launched. We still have stock lying about and will probably shift these as Open Frame kits for hobbyists/DIYer's complete with a 12 month warranty. The price will be nothing: around £200 ish for the full kit

Back