Hazro HZ30Wi, HZ27Wa & HZ27Wb

Will they use the same housing as the 30" model (oc, at a smaller size)?

Will they use the same housing as the 30" model (oc, at a smaller size)?

Yes, similar style and design to the existing 30" with the metal enclosure manufactured and assembled in the UK. No USB either on the 27" - just received word of that on Friday.

Here you have some more questions:

I'm looking for a 24'' IPS/PVA not too expensive. What happened to the HZ24W?

Why are Hazro monitors so cheap if compared to DELL, HP, EIZO, NEC... etc? (no bullsh#t plz!)

How comes that there's not a single HAZRO in Prad.de, which is the best monitor reviewing web around?

Is HAZRO Corean or something?

EDIT

I just don't get it. What's going on with Hazro? Here and there I read about you ppl offering some of the best displays around... but the more recent post/review I've been able to find in 2 hours was written in 2008! I mean... did you just vanished for two years? where have you been?

Why is your webpage so... weird? Only two monitors for sale?

¿?

Last edited:
1. The HZ24W was a model launched by previous management at Hazro - its not a model we support

2. Hazro monitors are cheap due to the simple assembly but mainly due to our clever panel sourcing. The panel alone accounts for >70% of cost of unit

3. Consumer sales account for <10% of our turnover. Consumer focused websites are untapped opportunities for us but you'll see us soon on Prad.de etc. Most of our products won't appeal to consumers which is why we don't bother. We're making a slow shift from industrial > consumer displays [our main business is OEM: some 'value' displays <22" sold by large resellers across europe under their own brand are in fact made and assembled by Hazro: read the rear labels carefully.

4. Hazro has Korean partners but is a UK based company

So that means no 24'' display in the short term?

There is a 24" IPS in the pipeline [8bit panel] aimed at those looking for a budget 16:10 monitor. Its a no frills basic display put out to compete with the fullHD monitors on the market - we're looking at a pre-Xmas launch but can't me more specific.

Your monitors look great, reviews are good, and pricing is great too. I hope you have plans to eventually distribute in the USA.

Will the 24" be a glossy display? This would really fill an empty product niche, and help a group of consumers that are underserved by the available offerings of other companies.

"There is a 24" IPS in the pipeline [8bit panel] aimed at those looking for a budget 16:10 monitor. Its a no frills basic display put out to compete with the fullHD monitors on the market - we're looking at a pre-Xmas launch but can't me more specific."

Will the 24" be a glossy display?

The 24" I referred to above won't be - however, the HZ24WLED which was announced earlier in the year by the previous Hazro team may still go ahead. If customers are specifically looking for a IPS 16:10 glossy monitor, then the HZ24WLED would be the ONLY option [apart from the 24" ACD]. For now, its a case of promoting the 30s, forthcoming 27s and only then can we seriously look into 24s.

I'll keep my hopes up then. Something along the lines of the HZ24WLED or the 24" ACD is exactly what I (and others to be sure) are looking for. The 24" ACD is a little expensive for me when I would also have to deal with the issues using it with a Windows/Linux PC. Thanks for the info.

I'm really hoping for a 24" glossy as well. Is there anything we can do to help convince your company to go ahead with the HZ24WLED model?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions on here, hazro.

I'm really hoping for a 24" glossy as well.

Thanks for the interest: the 24" LED ft. HDMI + DVI + VGA + SPDIF + Stereo + Component. With so many outputs, testing takes time which is the reason for the delay. I will keep you posted on any updates.

Additionally, our offer on the HZ30Wi expires today so if there is any interest, you can visit either the hazro shop page or the KustomPCs website.

There is a 24" IPS in the pipeline [8bit panel] aimed at those looking for a budget 16:10 monitor. Its a no frills basic display put out to compete with the fullHD monitors on the market - we're looking at a pre-Xmas launch but can't me more specific.

Does it have DisplayPort input?

hazro, really curious as to why you're warding gamers off the 30HZWi - it looks to have very low input lag and is a great price point - plus all PC gamers need is a DVI input... what's not to like? The tftcentral review even indicates it's quicker than their previous reference monitor. (The Dell). I'm sure the lack of scalar helps with this lower latency, but still, I can't see a better 30" gaming option out there...

Happy to be corrected!

[woob]Robbo;1036342842 said:
hazro, really curious as to why you're warding gamers off the 30HZWi - it looks to have very low input lag and is a great price point - plus all PC gamers need is a DVI input... what's not to like? The tftcentral review even indicates it's quicker than their previous reference monitor. (The Dell). I'm sure the lack of scalar helps with this lower latency, but still, I can't see a better 30" gaming option out there...

Happy to be corrected!

Background: I think the above is in reference to my post on the 22nd - somebody had asked as to whether the HZ30Wi was good for gaming. The question was:

Is the monitor good for 3d gaming?
Does it meet the 120hz specs needed?

The HZ30Wi is perfect for gaming and I'd say 40% of our customers would come under the 'gaming enthusiast' category. I assumed [incorrectly perhaps] that the question was coming from someone who specifically wanted a suitable fast motion/120Hz display with a response of 0secs [or even minus!] and CR: nothing short of 100000000000000:1 all in the form of a IPS panel.

So to answer the above: you'll be blown away playing COD3 on the Hazro [or in my case: C&C Generals with custom maps!

Also, the HZ30Wi is neither 120Hz or 3D ready which is why I recommended looking at alternatives.

I'm looking at it from an occasionally competitive point of view, and upgrading from an NEC 20WGX2 - so obviously minimal lag and a high quality display is what I'm after, but I'll still favour excellent image quality with a little lag over crap image quality with no lag - I think those are for the kind of people you refer to.

Amazed that Generals is still being played. I still have nightmares thinking about trying to get a stable game going over a LAN.

Great to see a UK company in this space. I'm very close to ordering. Please do feedback to your previous oppressors how positive an effect having a company rep posting on forums makes.

[woob]Robbo;1036343031 said:
I'll still favour excellent image quality with a little lag over crap image quality with no lag

I agree - most people have different tolerances to lag with many not bothering at all - its also largely relative [i.e. has to be compared to be seen as an issue] whereas color accuracy is instantly noticeable to most who migrate from TN > IPS

C&C Generals/ZH is still going strong here :) took out an entire base with 3 overlords today!

We took the decision to post on forums to provide a platform for discussion on IPS displays in general. As much as we'd love to remain active across all the major hardware forums, unfortunately most don't allow direct posts from manufacturers. However, we go out of our way to remain impartial so if there are any questions relating to IPS monitors, the technology, the LCD industry etc. etc. - feel free to post and we'll be glad to help

Do you plan to have a similar discount at the start of selling those 27s like you had with 30? (650 pounds!!). I didnt even consider buying 27 display before because they are so expensive, but if you would have some nice starting discount I would be very attempted by HZ27Wa :p

Do you plan to have a similar discount at the start of selling those 27s like you had with 30? (650 pounds!!). I didnt even consider buying 27 display before because they are so expensive, but if you would have some nice starting discount I would be very attempted by HZ27Wa :p

The pricing on the HZ27Wa and HZ27Wb has yet to be published and I'm not sure about any promo deals. I'm sure there will be something to entice customers to buy but can't be too sure as to what will be on offer. Sorry - its a case of waiting.

Hi Hazro,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to our questions. I am about to buy a 30” monitor for graphic/web design and I am seriously considering HZ30WBi. I have a few questions.

1. I am working exclusively in sRGB. I understand that HZ30WBi comes with a wide gamut panel (not as wide as HZ30WBi-Q). Does this monitor have an sRGB emulation mode like most of recent IPS panels? If not is it possible to be calibrated to sRGB for professional use? Are your monitors factory calibrated?

2. Does this monitor pivot? Check here: http://www.hazro.co.uk/specs.html

3. You state in your warranty terms http://www.hazro.co.uk/hz30wi-warranty.pdf
“Backlight ‘bleed’ or ‘Non-Uniformity’ will only be considered for Warranty if >32% of LCD Panel Coverage. It is important to note that IPS panels, whilst offering excellent color reproduction, tend to suffer from backlight inconsistency especially in the corners [a 'glow' effect] as well as visible 'ripples' and 'folds' – especially when viewing mono colors.”
How do I prove that I have Backlight ‘bleed’ >32% so that you issue an RMA? In case of a digital photo in dark room there are cases that the picture exaggerates what we see in real life. Also the issue with this problem is sometimes a matter of intensity and not percentage. I might have severe backlight bleed only in 1 or 2 corners <32%. What then?

4. Another major issue with the current generation of IPS panels is color tinting. I am sure you have read several reports here and in other forums. If I have a monitor that on a white/grey background is yellowish on one side and bluish on the other, is completely useless for graphic work. How the above mentioned >32% works here? Could you point me to an example of acceptable and not acceptable color tinting?

5. As l am not living in UK, in case of a DOA who bares the cost of sending back the monitor. You might have read that some people here had to send back their monitors 2-3 times until they get one without problems. Do I get a new one or possibly a refurbished? I ask for replacements that are taking place at the early stages of my purchase for a defective monitor and not one that I have used for some time.

6. Could I download the manual somewhere from your website?

7. Are there different grade panels? i.e. A-grade that go for the medical monitors and B-grade that for consumer ones?

8. Why is it so difficult for companies to test the panels before sending them out for some major issues that we detect in the first 5 minutes of use? I understand it is a matter cost but company’s reputation, RMAs and exchanges cost as well. After all for a product for (according to your page) Graphic Design, Video Editing, Photography, CAD/CAM, etc, the companies should expect that the customers require higher standards.

Thank you in advance.

Hi there - allow me to address these issues one at a time:

1. The HZ30Wi does not have a default sRGB mode and I would advise anybody serious about graphics work to not fall for the marketing hype surrounding these presets. Most monitors 'should' conform to sRGB out the box but we all know that isn't the case. Taming colors on a wide gamut monitor can be difficult but careful calibration achieves fantastic results. Despite having very expensive equipment to do so, we don't calibrate our monitors for a few reasons:

(a). Calibrating a wide gamut panel to sRGB only for a consumer to recalibrate for AdobeRGB would be a waste of time - so its sold as is for the consumer to calibrate [Without accessible LUTs, no calibration is performed].

(b). It takes time - Our equipment is automated to take upto 100 measurements across the panel which are fed to the LUT to get the most linear curve. Time = money. We don't offer this as a service either on the 30inch monitors. My advice: get your hands on a Konica Minolta CA-210 with the probe for a basic 'professional' calibration setup

2. Stands typically offer 4 functions: Elevation + Swivel + Rotation + Tilt

I assume by pivot you mean rotate in which case, Yes, you can rotate the monitor 90degrees. The HZ30Wi offers swivel too but only at max elevation and upto 180 degrees after which the entire monitor will collapse.

3. This would be a case of returning the monitor to us and we'd hook it up to our testing station referred to above. Within a few mins, we'll get a full print out of all MURA defects. We won't accept pictures as you've pointed out correctly, they do exaggerate the non-uniformity [or the pic is photo-shopped which has happened]. We don't grade panels on 'intensity' of bleed: its more the 'amount' so unfortunately, the 32% will apply. Backlight uniformity DICOM sensors can be added but this is only sold to medical customers.

4. Color tinting should not be confused with backlight inconsistency. The tinting is due to the filter applied to the panel. Again, its a characteristic of the panel and is not seen as defect. I would disagree that this would make a monitor 'useless' for graphic design work - that is a relative issue with most customers not finding it a problem. Some OEMs apply transparent filters to the panels which 'neutralizes' the glow effect. Its a cheap fix which has been massively hyped by forumers. What OEMs do is apply a filter which isn't uniformly transparent: its opaque in areas where the panel has visible 'glow'. Once the filter is applied, it gives the effect of neutral color. One OEM [can't mention name] applied a filter which made everything look sparkly - you've probably read about it. This wouldn't come under warranty and so far, its not been reported to us as a problem on the HZ30Wi.

5. In cases of DOA, either Hazro or the reseller will issue a swap out at no cost to the customer. DOAs are highly unlikely as we built to order - but I appreciate it does happen.

6. We will publish the full manual next week and make it available for download

7. Panels are characterized in grades [A, A1, B, C etc.]. Korean panel vendors [LG, Samsung] use the above system whereas Taiwanese vendors work on numbers [002/223 etc. where the first number = max allowed hot pixels, 2nd number = max allowed cold pixels and 3rd number = max allowed stuck/dead subpixels]. Most OEMs use a mixture of A and A1 grade. B grade monitors go into industrial units such as advertising displays etc. Its not uncommon for OEMs including household brands to use B grade panels in consumer displays.

8. All major OEMs specifically those selling IPS panels would test monitors before despatch - however, these tests are usually limited to power on/off, input signal and shutdown etc. OEMs usually trust panel makers with grade classifications and don't bother testing the panels individually. Hazro, as a small player in this market, can thorougjhly scrutinise each panel before dispatch [we have the time to do that]. There are other factors to consider here: what maybe a problem for you may not be seen as a problem for the vendor. Unfortunately, with the rise of consumerism and the ever increasing 'list of checks before you buy' , its becoming more and more difficult to operate. A few years ago, color tinting wasn't seen as a problem nor was input lag. Its common to read reviews where OEMs take a bashing after a monitor, aimed at professionals in the graphic design market, doesn't live upto the reviewers standard for gaming.

Hope the above answers your questions - keep them coming.

Thank you once again for your time and patience to go through all of my questions. English is not my first language and I want to clear out a few points

1. [Without accessible LUTs, no calibration is performed].
Does this mean that I won't be able to calibrate the monitor to sRGB anyway? If I can calibrate, could this be done with the consumer calibrators? Konica Minolta CA-210 costs over 10000 so it is out of question.

2. I mean portrait mode.

3. I understand that you don't accept pictures but how I persuade you to issue an RMA on such a case? You just take my word for it?

4. Color tinting should not be confused with backlight inconsistency. The tinting is due to the filter applied to the panel.
Maybe I have to explain better. I don't mean the kind of color tinting that applies to all the panel surface so that makes a white background bluish or yellowish. This can be taken care with calibration. I mean the kind of rainbow effect that you have a gradual color change from left to right or top to bottom like here, here and the exaggerated photos that illustrate the problem there. Such "characteristic" beyond a certain point is not acceptable for photo processing. Does this have to do with the filter? And under no circumstances you would accept to replace such a monitor?

5. In cases of DOA, either Hazro or the reseller will issue a swap out at no cost to the customer.
Please confirm that this applies to customers out of UK. Also is there a chance of getting a refurbished for replacement?

7. Panels are characterized in grades [A, A1, B, C etc.]. Korean panel vendors [LG, Samsung] use the above system whereas Taiwanese vendors work on numbers [002/223 etc. where the first number = max allowed hot pixels, 2nd number = max allowed cold pixels and 3rd number = max allowed stuck/dead subpixels]. Most OEMs use a mixture of A and A1 grade. B grade monitors go into industrial units such as advertising displays etc. Its not uncommon for OEMs including household brands to use B grade panels in consumer displays.
That's some very interesting information you share with us. So do we get all three grades with HZ30Wi?

8. I understand what you say but still believe that half a minute of testing (you don't need more for checking severe backlight bleed and color tinting) would save money and time from you and your clients.

Hope the above answers your questions - keep them coming.
I promise... no more questions!

Hi there - please stop apologizing :) i don't mind the questions - gives me something to do in between all the admin work.

1) I think I may have confused folks here - You can calibrate to sRGB but it'll be calibration at the graphics card level only [as with all monitors without accessible Look up Tables]. Consumer grade calibrators can be used and you will get good results. The Hazro HZ30Wi ft. brightness up/down which adjusts the backlight [not digital brightness up/down found in conventional monitors]. This varies the voltage going to the inverter which influences the luminance. For calibration, this is really what you need.

2). Portrait mode is offered

3). We will have to take your word for it but please note, our machines are very accurate and we do have a clause in the warranty policy which allows us to charge £45.00 in cases of NFF [No Fault Found]

4). I understand what your referring to - its not a filter problem. Its to do with settings in control board which stipulate the brightness values across the panel. Logically, these should all be the same [to obtain uniformity] but remember, no 2 panels are ever the same. I've seen the images you refer to and can promise it won't be that bad. There's no way to communicate this variance for every monitor we sell - its hit and miss. I have to be impartial here and would advise that if this is something you feel will jeopardize or hinder your ability to work, you should only buy if you've seen the actual monitor in person.

5). Yes, DOA rules apply to international purchases too.

7). We only use a mix of A and A1 grade which are sorted and filtered.

8). Yes, we test for a total of 10hours with visual checks lasting anything from 30mins to 2 hours. However, our criteria is different to yours which is why some customers won't be happy with what they receive. We can't assume these monitors will be sold ONLY to those in the graphic design industry.

1) I think I may have confused folks here - You can calibrate to sRGB but it'll be calibration at the graphics card level only [as with all monitors without accessible Look up Tables]. Consumer grade calibrators can be used and you will get good results. The Hazro HZ30Wi ft. brightness up/down which adjusts the backlight [not digital brightness up/down found in conventional monitors]. This varies the voltage going to the inverter which influences the luminance. For calibration, this is really what you need.

To clarify, you can NOT calibrate a wide gamut panel to sRGB. Calibration will simply adjust the gamma curve to be self consistent, it cannot alter the color space.

What you can do is profile your actual color space, color aware applications will then use that profile, to perform color space conversions. This is how you can achieve normal looking colors from a wide gamut monitor. But there remains a significant problem as MOST applications are NOT color aware and will NOT perform color transformations and your color will be off.

This is why many wide gamut panels come with a sRGB emulation mode, though they are often quite flawed and inflexible. Which is why I wish there were more panels closer to the sRGB color space, but I understand Hazro has little choice but to use the wide gamut panels that LG provides as the industry dove headlong onto the wide gamut bandwagon.

Also conventional monitors do adjust the back-light brightness directly. The only panels I have ever seen without a back-light adjustment were first generation Hazro panels (which was a complete shock to me). I happy to see that Hazro now has backlight adjustments.

Well it's nice to see Hazro back, I have a HZ26wi from ages ago and it's a fantastic monitor - great colour accuracy, virtually no input lag.

However...the question I'd like to ask the Hazro rep is: are you planning on selling monitors for a year then disappearing off the face of the earth again, leaving no support for your customers?

I had a power supply issue and couldn't get through to your support - but luckily people on OCUK forums helped me find a replacement. Then I started getting green snow and again couldn't get through to your support at all. If you look for the extremely long OCUK thread on Hazro, you'll see that many customers suffered this same issue, with Hazro leaving a defunct site and no contact details.

@hazro: If I can get assurances that this won't happen this time round then maybe I'll consider trusting you again - your new monitor range does look good.

Incidentally - I've been trying to contact you to try and find a VESA adaptor for the HZ26Wi. Do you still stock them?

1. are you planning on selling monitors for a year then disappearing off the face of the earth again, leaving no support for your customers?

2. I've been trying to contact you to try and find a VESA adaptor for the HZ26Wi. Do you still stock them?

No - the company was shelved twice due to buyouts - it was far from intentional as you imply. Unfortunate circumstances combined with the credit crisis resulted in the decision to fold the company. Now that we're back: we're here to stay.

We have no spares/accessories for any past Hazro monitor and can't offer support either.

Hazro HZ30Wi now sold direct at Overlcockers [UK only] - for non UK purchases, please visit the Hazro site

I'm in the market for a 27". The ACD and Dell U2711 are out of my price range but the HZ27Wa/b look affordable based on the HZ30Wi price. I'm also considering the Asus VK278Q,but the ETA on stock keeps getting put back and I'd like a higher resolution then I have currently (1900 x1200), so I'm 90% certain to buy one (the other 10% will depend on reviews).
So, Hazro, do you still expect to have actual stock for sale by the end of the month? Can you say which websites will have this monitor for review?

Thanks - I've never seen so much first-hand information from a manufacturer before!

I'm in the market for a 27". The ACD and Dell U2711 are out of my price range but the HZ27Wa/b look affordable based on the HZ30Wi price. I'm also considering the Asus VK278Q,but the ETA on stock keeps getting put back and I'd like a higher resolution then I have currently (1900 x1200), so I'm 90% certain to buy one (the other 10% will depend on reviews).
So, Hazro, do you still expect to have actual stock for sale by the end of the month? Can you say which websites will have this monitor for review?

Thanks - I've never seen so much first-hand information from a manufacturer before!

I am also interested in upgrading to a 27 from a 22. 24 just isn't a big enough difference for me.

do you still expect to have actual stock for sale by the end of the month? Can you say which websites will have this monitor for review?

Hi there, yes: we are definitely looking to put the first batch out this month. It most likely won't be the LED version [HZ27Wa] as the CCFL [HZ27Wb] is seen as a more popular choice for those in the color critical markets. I will post immediately as they become available.

Just got a note saying the new instruction manual for HZ30Wi is live and can be found on the specs page of the Hazro site.

So has anyone bought an HZ30Wi on here yet? id be interested in some feedback/a mini review...

So has anyone bought an HZ30Wi on here yet? id be interested in some feedback/a mini review...

The first batch of 30" monitors will be shipped this week - I'm sure somebody somewhere will provide feedback

hazro,
Your website shows the same viewing area (641.28mm x 400.8 mm) for the 30" model and for the 27" models. I assume only one set of figures is correct? Using Pythagoras' theorem, I deduce this to be the viewing area for the 30" model. What is the viewing area and physical dimensions for the 27" models? Around 600mm x 360mm and 640mm x 400mm for viewing area/physical dimensions respectively?

Hi there, thanks for pointing out the above - the site will be updated accordingly.

Taking length and width into account ONLY [i.e. not depth of monitor]:

27" viewing/active area = 597 x 336 mm
27" physical dimensions = 632 x 380 mm [approx]

30" viewing/active area = 641 x 400 mm
30" physical dimensions = 680 x 440 mm [approx]

Hope the above is helpful.

Last edited:
Hey guys - I'm based in Dublin, Ireland and I've ordered 2 of the Hazro HZ30Wi screens with the DUO stand (http://www.hazro.co.uk/duo.html).

Have had a very good experience with the company reps and got an email on friday from one of their account managers (Elaine) saying:

"I wanted to update you on your recent purchase of the Hazro HZ30Wi LCD Monitor. We are currently running behind schedule and are working double shifts to supply these units before the end of next week [i.e. week ending 12/11/10]. Added to the pressure are the orders from resellers with whom we have signed deals in the past few weeks.

I will personally email or call each customer to update them on their order when it is ready for despatch. We sincerely apologise for these delays and thank you for your patience and understanding."

I'm only ordered the monitors very recently so was happy they took the time to keep me updated - a very good sign.

It's good to see they are busy as well - and at this kind of value for these panels I'm not surprised.

In Ireland taking the Dell U3011 (which uses the same panel as the Hazro HZ30Wi-Q - LM300WQ5 panel from LG.Display) - you can almost buy 2 Hazro HZ30WI-Q's for the same price as the U3011. Dell has much cheaper prices in the USA - and no one would argue that the Dell U3011 is not a far superior monitor - just a different value proposition.

https://www.hazro.co.uk/shop.html#ecwid:category=438695&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

The monitors (HZ30Wi ) I bought use the LM300WQ3 panel which is fine for me because I don't do any color critical work.

Based on the email from Elaine - It looks like I should have the monitors by friday and I'll take a few pics and give my impressions (I'm not an expert by any means - a layman's impressions)

Back