Hazro HZ24W mini review with pics :)

5:
I've had the Hyundai 24", Dell 2408WFP, BenQ FP241W and the new HP L2475 24" IPS display and rate the build and image quality + performance of the Hazro above all them.

The Dell was the worst with very bad text fringing and input lag beyond 60ms.

Hope that helps.

robbie may i ask why you thought the HP LP2475w 24" was bad as tftcentral stated it was the best ips Colour reproduction they had tested even more so than the harzro tho for the best possible results it needed hardware calibration. input lag was good, No banding or difficulties with gradients.

not complaining or being picky just wanting to know what its fault is??

The 2.1 firmware update fixes banding issues completely and aims to minimise green snowing (I've not see any snow since getting mine back). because of this the new firmware takes up more memory than before so RGB controls which dimmed the backlight had to be omitted. They chose this because it was the least problematic way to go about it and puts the monitor no different to the Apple Cinema displays which don't have an OSD as such and everything si done via DDC/CI with software. The February release of the new models will fix this and they should have onboard LUT too from what I've been told.

Hello,

So I should wait February to buy a Harzo 24" ?

Well I have no issues now with mine, it’s an excellent quality screen but if you want to see what the new models have then sure you can wait but you probably won’t be getting an IPS panel in the new versions as Hazro did comment on its popularity vs price among the average buyer.

I have ordered two black 24" Wi's today. I can't wait. I read a lot of good things here and on overclockers.co.uk. Some problems yes, but it seems the latest firmware and revision takes care of most of them. I was quite lucky to order them with 6% discount (this offer ended 3hrs ago) So i got 2 Hazro's for 550 Euro each including shipping. :)

It seems this display needs a special Vesa bracket supplied by Hazro in order to connect an universal Vesa mount. Can anyone confirm or comment on this?

I have ordered two black 24" Wi's today. I can't wait. I read a lot of good things here and on overclockers.co.uk. Some problems yes, but it seems the latest firmware and revision takes care of most of them. I was quite lucky to order them with 6% discount (this offer ended 3hrs ago) So i got 2 Hazro's for 550 Euro each including shipping. :)

It seems this display needs a special Vesa bracket supplied by Hazro in order to connect an universal Vesa mount. Can anyone confirm or comment on this?

That's correct, it's a plate that bolts onto the back, these are ordered direct from Hazro (that's where I got mine from).

Thanks, guess i have to get on the phone with Hazro. But first i sent overclockers an email if they can supply this bracket as well.

I'm quite surprised to hear that such highly praised monitor has no backlight control.
Does this really mean, that its lightubes are always at full? Why is that? I think it can't be that difficult to control backlight. Are there even other monitors without the backlight control?

I'm quite surprised to hear that such highly praised monitor has no backlight control.
Does this really mean, that its lightubes are always at full? Why is that? I think it can't be that difficult to control backlight. Are there even other monitors without the backlight control?

Yeah, I can't imagine how they ignored something this fundamental. It definitely compromises the dark level on this panel as well as contrast when you need a lower light level and the only way to achieve it is with panel blocking. Maybe version 3?

So, I've been looking at the Hazro HZ24Wi, and it looks to have everything I need (inputs, HDCP, *IPS, standard gamut, its all there). And according to the TFT article about it (linked below), this looks to have 1:1 pixel mapping (the article mentions the new version having better scaling chips, which I assume means 1:1 capability). I just have four questions...

1). It looked to be the answer to my prayers up until I ran face first into: "LOL, oops no backlight control."

I was seriously ready through myself off a high ledge, my hopes were crushed so badly. :(

The people who own this monitor already, is the lack of backlight control a problem? Is the default brightness at a reasonable enough level that doesn't really need to be adjusted?

2). The Hazro product page lists this as being H-IPS:

http://www.hazro.co.uk/products/hazro_hz24w.html

While TFT Central and Overclockers UK says its S-IPS:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/13.htm#hazro_updates
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp... 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black Aluminium

Which one is it exactly (though it probably doesn't matter at all)?

3). Does Overclockers UK ship overseas?

4). Does this thing have an A-TW polarizer (honestly, I don't give a crap about it, but I figured it'd be nice to know)?

The second and last questions is largely worthless, the first and third questions are really the ones that will decide whether this gets bought.

hi

i havent got my 26" hazro yet but i say that question 3 has been asked before and apparently overclockers do ship to europe and the states... think i read it was around $60-80 £30-40 by DHL,

as for the A-TW (advanced true white) polarizer which is Supposed to eliminate glow from angles its a split decision as some state it doesnt have one and that it is only the more top end larger panels like the 26"and 30" screen.
NEC and the more expensive models/brands tend to have it.

although it says on hazros website that it has Surface Treatment: Hard coating(3H), Anti-glare treatment of the front polariser " but then others do comment it is only a filter applied to the panel and not a full hardware polorizer.

badass said it didnt have one in his review for tftcentral.com

so question 4 is ......dont know/not sure

All 24" IPS panels made by LG are H-IPS. It doesn't really matter anyway as S-IPS and H-IPS perform very similarly.

The HZ24Wi doesn't have the A-TW polarizer. The HZ26Wi does.

François le Fançais;1033231524 said:
Hi,

What is A-TW polarizer excactly ?

IPS panels suffer from an effect called 'white bloom', its similar in nature to the discoloration you see on TN panels when viewed from an angle. The A-TW polarizer is a feature that eliminates this effect and increases contrast (meaning blacker blacks and whiter whites).

The actual need for it depends on the person, but its presence on a monitor seems to up its value for people in the market for an LCD.

I don't think you can share the same settings with the 24Wi as they're set up differently by default and use different front panel elements.

My Brightness is 50 (default) and contrast at 6, sharpness is 57 (default). I have then calibrated using Lacie BlueEye and got 119cd/m2 with 0.41cd/m2 for blackpoint and a 6500k colour.

robbie may i ask why you thought the HP LP2475w 24" was bad as tftcentral stated it was the best ips Colour reproduction they had tested even more so than the harzro tho for the best possible results it needed hardware calibration. input lag was good, No banding or difficulties with gradients.

not complaining or being picky just wanting to know what its fault is??

Missed this sorry,

I agree with them but only garee when colour managed apps are being used (Photoshop for example)

When web browsing in Firefox for example which lets you use colour managed mode (but is buggy and not entirely accurate) you will get different colour shades for normal SRGB colours when you have a icm profile assigned to the HP (post hardware calibration) as well as another shade in non colour managed mode.

It was this that put me off. In managed apps that use colour management properly it was fine but for web browsing it was annoying because the sites I visit looks different, had a different shade of blue or whatever andI knew it was not accurate.

Back