Hazro coming to the USA?

Mikerocks2112

Limp Gawd
I have read comments from people on this board that say Hazro is coming to the USA this month. Is this true?

From the Hazro site: (direct cut and paste, don't blame me for the grammar and spelling errors)

Currently Hazro monitors are available in the UK only. Hazro are working with reselles in Western Europe and North America and endeavour to have a sales channel operating by Winter 2008 [we anticipate October].

You can order a Hazro monitor from Overclocker's UK and they'll ship it overseas to the US for about $50-$60 shipping.

Not sure if the warranty would still apply internationally.

Hazro really needs to get the basics of monitor design in hand first. Their 24 and 26" don't even have backlight controls which is ridiculous.

That's only a problem if you don't like having your screen brightness between 30-50%.

I believe the earlier models did have backlight control and word is that they are working on newer revisions to fix the problem. Apparently as a company they do give a shit.

That's only a problem if you don't like having your screen brightness between 30-50%.

It is a problem if you mind that your monitor will be running at non optimal brightness all the time.

I run mine at ZERO at night and considerably brighter during the day. It is a startling miss on their part. I can't see how they didn't think this was important. IMO it is the MOST important control on the monitor.

I don't think it's that much of a drawback considering what you get for your buck.

For $600-$700 you get a 24" H-IPS panel, std gamut, lots of video/audio inputs, 1:1 pixel mapping, great response time, <1 frame input lag, 3 year warranty with great customer service.

Another how many months have passed and still no word on North American retailers (if there even will be). I had my eye on the HP LP2475w, but read that it has quite a lot of input lag, so it's not good for gaming and supposedly the Doublesight DS-265W is cheap in price, but also cheap in overall quality. The Hazro H-IPS panels look quite nice, would definitely like to take a closer look at them.

Back