"Haze PC and 360 drop off the map"

Haze was never really all that impressive imo, but I'm sure you'll see this on another platform next year whether it's 360 or PC.

It's not a bad move to drop 360 development. Why bother going against what looks like GoTY in Bioshock and the marketing onslaught that is Halo 3? You're just going to lose, and you're going to lose badly.

And that's not even counting the other 360 FPS games coming out this year...

Though it doesn't make much sense to drop PC development unless Sony offered them cash upfront.

i have a ps3, and i don't give a crap about this game. just what we need, another flavor of the week FPS shoehorned into a controller that sucks so much ass at this style of game that i get angry and turn on my PC every time I try to play Resistance. beh

i have a ps3, and i don't give a crap about this game. just what we need, another flavor of the week FPS shoehorned into a controller that sucks so much ass at this style of game that i get angry and turn on my PC every time I try to play Resistance. beh

LOL...I'm with you. The PS3 pad is great for anything except FPS games. I'm not sure what it is about that right analog stick, but it's just horrible. It's either too sensitive or not enough and no matter what I do, I can't make it any better. On the other hand, the 360's pad is ONLY good for aiming and sucks for anything that needs a d-pad. We need the ability to use both!

I'd be willing to put money on this coming out on 360 and PC next year anyway. This sounds like pretty standard Ubisoft.

I will be shocked if Haze is not released on the xbox360 and PC sometime next year.

Here's what we know:
1. Ubisoft makes multi-platform games.
2. 360 and PC versions of Haze were in development.
3. All Ubisoft actually said was, "The official statement on PC and Xbox 360 is that these platforms are not confirmed."

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6177964.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

Compared this to what Ubisoft said about Assassin's Creed, "Assassin's Creed will come on PlayStation 3 and at this time, no other platform has been confirmed."

http://www.ps3land.com/article-461.php

Draw your own conclusion.

They suck as a publisher, that's my conclusion

"nubisoft, where games come to die"

They suck as a publisher, that's my conclusion

"nubisoft, where games come to die"

Wow, Ubisoft makes great games; Assassin's Creed, GRAW1&2, Vegas, Prince of Persia series, all the other Tom Clancy games, etc.

Although, Haze does seem like another average first person shooter, but I haven't really read anything about it yet.

Ubisoft does produce some good gameplay, but their games tend to be shoddy shit in terms of polish. They're rife with bugs and complications.

Of the ones I've borne personal witness to:

-Starforce in PoP
-GRAW with a crap PC port, and GRAW2 with constant multiplayer disconnects on XBL.
-Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow, another crap PC port. No apostrophe support! That's right, apostrophe brings up the console when typing in text. "Youre going to have messy text, because its not supporting a basic piece of punctuation. They havent tested their multiplayer enough to notice this?!" Key commands are supposed to be turned off when you're typing in text.
-Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, I've played these series on the PC up to Vegas and they're all infamous for bugs. Haven't seen the console ports of these PC games. To be fair, I've got Vegas on the Xbox360, and it seems to have broken the bug tradition on this series. I hope they keep it up.

They've got some great games but they have a reputation for bugs. So while I might still play some of these games, I approach them all with 30lb block of salt on my shoulder.

Wow, Ubisoft makes great games; Assassin's Creed, GRAW1&2, Vegas, Prince of Persia series, all the other Tom Clancy games, etc.

I'm sorry, but they've fucked the Clancy games up to the Nth degree. The rainbow six series used to be my favorite back in the day. Ubi took over, Lockdown came out and successfully snuffed the series for me :(

I'm sorry, but they've fucked the Clancy games up to the Nth degree. The rainbow six series used to be my favorite back in the day. Ubi took over, Lockdown came out and successfully snuffed the series for me :(

Too bad, 'cuz Vegas on the 360 is one of the best Rainbow games to date. It's not "classic" R6, but it's damn good.

Lets not forget how badly they fubared the last Splinter Cell game on every platform. The glitches and insane load times in Double Agent for the 360 made me want to punch my monitor. The PC version was even worse.

the haze devs are complete dicks in every interview and video I've seen....talking about how much better their game is than crysis, halo, etc. I hate halo personally, but ffs, lets see you do... ANYTHING before you talk shit about Crytek and Bungie.

Every goddamn fps that comes out has a bunch of moron devs talking about how revolutionary their game is in the genre. Wake me up if this game lives up to even 1% of the bullshit its devs have talked themselves into.

In development time when so many FPS are coming out (Halo 3, Bioshock, Killzone 2, Crysis) I just don't see what's the big deal about Haze? It looks like any generic FPS. And the picture of the dude holding up a gun with his face plate revealing one eye just screams cheese.

In development time when so many FPS are coming out (Halo 3, Bioshock, Killzone 2, Crysis) I just don't see what's the big deal about Haze? It looks like any generic FPS. And the picture of the dude holding up a gun with his face plate revealing one eye just screams cheese.

Isn't it by a bunch of the 'Timesplitters' people? And aren't they talking about it having a deep political storyline.

Those are the only two things I think I've heard that would even come close to 'big deal' status. And there is that whole distributed 4 player co-op thing. I will play almost anything with co-op, just because it's more fun to play a campaign with friends.

Won't care unless it hits the 360 though. It's fine by me if it comes out next year.

Not surprising it isn't coming to the 360 (at least not for the forseable future). Coming up against Bioshock, Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 this will come a distant 4th. Pure marketing decision as spending time and money bringing it to the 360 in the next 6 months or so makes no sense. The PC also has Bioshock, Crysis and UT3.

I am actually looking forward to this game. I know I am the first one to post that in this thread but I do like the idea of a 4 person co-op game. I like the idea of a first person shooter with all the vehicles and a storyline that can at least draw a comparison to the Halo series. I hope the game play is equal to the hype though. I do see that on the 360 the competition is very stiff in the FPS arena but most of the titles coming out that have a chance to be HUGE are cross platform games except prob 2 Halo and Bioshock. Both of these games will already be on the market for quite some time though by the time Haze hits the shelves. Most FPS people I know are game junkies though. Most will have already beaten both games and will be ready to try something new when Haze hits. It may still have a decent showing if the timing is right for a release date without any major heavy hitters to steal it's thunder. Games are too expensive today to think of buying 2 or 3 titles at once that are essentially the same game. I don't think I saw them actually state that the other versions were not coming out. I just saw them referencing the PS3 version because it is to come out first and with a lighter competition in the PS3 market that seems to be a good choice at this point in time.

Isn't it by a bunch of the 'Timesplitters' people? And aren't they talking about it having a deep political storyline.

Those are the only two things I think I've heard that would even come close to 'big deal' status. And there is that whole distributed 4 player co-op thing. I will play almost anything with co-op, just because it's more fun to play a campaign with friends.

Won't care unless it hits the 360 though. It's fine by me if it comes out next year.

There's a lot of different aspects in the game, that I haven't seen before. Like, being able to play dead. There were some others but I don't remember.

i have a pc, ps3, 360 and haze sitll sucks.....that is al

thanks for that well thought out and completely explained opinion. I do have a few questions though. How does it suck? and why does it have to due with you owning all three platforms? Since no one has played it yet I can only assume you must either be an Alpha/Beta tester or you work for the company producing the game since you have such a definitive position on how good this game is. I love getting this type of inside information.

ok ending sarcasm. Please tell me what you dont like about the game. Is it what you have been told about the story line, or are the graphics that you have seen sub par in your opinion? Does it just seem to derivative of other FPSs to you? This would make your post at least worth the time to read it. To say a game that you have not played sucks is a little childish don't you think?

thanks for that well thought out and completely explained opinion. I do have a few questions though. How does it suck? and why does it have to due with you owning all three platforms? Since no one has played it yet I can only assume you must either be an Alpha/Beta tester or you work for the company producing the game since you have such a definitive position on how good this game is. I love getting this type of inside information.

ok ending sarcasm. Please tell me what you dont like about the game. Is it what you have been told about the story line, or are the graphics that you have seen sub par in your opinion? Does it just seem to derivative of other FPSs to you? This would make your post at least worth the time to read it. To say a game that you have not played sucks is a little childish don't you think?

dog, it's an internet forum.....try not to take everything everyone says seriously....

On that note, it's pretty much just another FPS. Doesn't seem to be anything special. From all the vids, trailers, behind the scenes footage about the game, it looks to be just another shooter. Nothing I've seen sets Haze apart from any shooter. Now it's possible it could strike a cord and be the new halo (which I also think is pretty damn average) but I'm gonna doubt it. FPS's is the new fighting games. Tons of avg to below avg crap saturating the market. Just like Blacksite Area 51.....just another shooter. They might add some feature to at least attempt to make it unique, but for the most part it'll be forgetten into obscurity in a month or so just like 90% of the fps's thats been released overtime.

To elaborate, this game's features are nothing we haven't seen before. However, there are a number of games that have presented little or nothing that hasn't been seen before, but managed to succeed based on a good execution and/or unification of previous works.

So there's little reason to think this game will be good, but there's also no reason to think it'll be bad.

However, the story's theme has definite potential. Tycho briefly touched upon Haze basically noting that it seems like standard FPS fare but he's watching out for it anyway due to the potential story. Nectar in Haze sugarcoats the protagonists view of reality and the consequences of his actions, eventually he is exposed to the reality, and forms a new perception of war. Why do I think it's interesting?

Paul Fussell wrote: “Every war is ironic, because every war is worse than expected. Every war constitutes an irony of situation because its means are so melodramatically disproportionate to its presumed ends." (The Great War and Modern Memory). The death of innocence was a major theme in literature following WWI, where the idyllic view of conflict and war died when the reality of its violence was now made apparent to the mass population all at once. It was no longer a war that was distant, where sharp, well-dressed soldiers marched off to glorious victory in far-off lands. In this war, even civilians in their homes could hear the roaring cannons all the way out at the front.

War had been glorious, and a country's soldiers would win through honor, virtue, and bravery. "Our" side would win through moral superiority and will. This idea was destroyed by the indiscriminate fall of the shells and sweeping automatic fire mowing men down en masse. The picture of war had irreversibly changed. Moral right and wrong lost relevance in the face of immediate death.

This is an interesting subject since it is relevant to all war, regardless of the period or generation being referenced. It's particularly poignant for us today, as we are currently a nation at war.

With a nuanced treatment of the subject material, it has the possibility of furthering the idea of "games as art" if the developers have the chops to handle such a delicate topic properly.

Back