HAWT!!! ATI 4850 = $134.99 AR/AC + $8.25 ship

Just be warned that Sapphire makes you jump through flaming hoops to get your rebate. Still this is an amazing price.

LOL, wow..... After reading the rebate for this card it made me laugh.They state many times on the rebate "Failure to meet any of the Requirements listed in 1, 2, and 3 above, and the Terms and Conditions listed below in the Original Submission will result in disqualification.
This Rebate will be qualified based on the Original Submission. Re-qualifications will not be processed and will be denied 60 days after end of Promotion." The big problem with this is that a couple of the requirements are very vague and nondescript, so they probably can deny 60-80% of the rebates just on the having to write the promo code on the back of the envelope. "Do I put it in bold too like the sheet looks like or not?", those questions are the ones that will still make me wonder, because I'm surely not letting them get my money.

LOL, wow..... After reading the rebate for this card it made me laugh.They state many times on the rebate "Failure to meet any of the Requirements listed in 1, 2, and 3 above, and the Terms and Conditions listed below in the Original Submission will result in disqualification.
This Rebate will be qualified based on the Original Submission. Re-qualifications will not be processed and will be denied 60 days after end of Promotion." The big problem with this is that a couple of the requirements are very vague and nondescript, so they probably can deny 60-80% of the rebates just on the having to write the promo code on the back of the envelope. "Do I put it in bold too like the sheet looks like or not?", those questions are the ones that will still make me wonder, because I'm surely not letting them get my money.

Yeah, I don't do rebates anymore.

Most recent one was a $20 from Corsair. Never recieved any confirmation, or anything. Co-worker of mind purchased the same RAM on the same day. Got an email about a month later, and 2 months after that got a check. Filled out the forms right there at work and mailed them in, nothing. So I don't even bother with them anymore.

Just a small note these seem to have the Standard 1 year return policy while the 4870's do not.

I went with the Visiontek however @ $170 shipped after rebate since they are a much better company.

$143.24 shipped after rebate for the Sapphire card if the rebate ever shows, Less then $30 difference for a company that has a spotless track record, while Sapphire I've read alot of bad things about.

Purchased through Live Cashback for 2.7% back also! ($5.13)

Most recent one was a $20 from Corsair. Never recieved any confirmation, or anything. Co-worker of mind purchased the same RAM on the same day. Got an email about a month later, and 2 months after that got a check. Filled out the forms right there at work and mailed them in, nothing. So I don't even bother with them anymore.

It helps to use Delivery or Signature confirmation.

Sorry. I haven't been denied a rebate in 8 years and it was because I cheated and tried to get two rebates when there was a limit of one.

corsair has been amazing for me everytime

online tracking, 100% received. im pretty sure corsair has little to do with it though. i believe they pay somene to take care of it for them.

Very tempting price, but that rebate process is fooking ridiculous. Freakin rebate nazi's I tell ya. "You misspell name. NO CHECK FOR YOU!" Plus, it's only one per household, so no Crossfire action for me. :(

Can't wait to grab 2 of these when I start building my new rig. Need to get off this 939 thing.

Just a heads up that this might be a better deal considering rebate horrors on the saphire?? I don't know about the powercolor rebate history but the sapphire is getting some horror stories.

And if you are skipping (or are bad about rebates) the non-rebate total altogether its 180 + 8.25 shipping on the sapphire vs. $183 and free shipping on the powercolor. With rebates its $135 + 8.25 ~ $143.25 ship on the sapphire vs 158 + free ship on the powercolor ($15 diff, but possibly a more solid chance on rebate redemption). :cool:

POWERCOLOR AX4850 512MD3-H Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131111

It looks like the sapphire on egg is up to 179.99 - 30 mir ~ 149.99 + 8.25 ship => 158.25 shipped vs the powercolor $158 shipped after rebate..

Without rebate/up front is 180 +8.25 ship on the sapphire. vs 183 + free ship on the powercolor.

This also brings the price in line with after-rebate totals from msi and gigabyte, and perhaps even asus models.

The diamond one is $175 + free ship and no rebates if you hate rebates ;)

Just a heads up that this might be a better deal considering rebate horrors on the saphire?? I don't know about the powercolor rebate history but the sapphire is getting some horror stories.

And if you are skipping (or are bad about rebates) the non-rebate total altogether its 180 + 8.25 shipping on the sapphire vs. $183 and free shipping on the powercolor. With rebates its $135 + 8.25 ~ $143.25 ship on the sapphire vs 158 + free ship on the powercolor ($15 diff, but possibly a more solid chance on rebate redemption). :cool:

POWERCOLOR AX4850 512MD3-H Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131111

Like I said Visiontek ftw.

Rebates from Powercolor and Sapphire are both a little more painful than most but I have successfully received rebates from both companies. There is nothing "bad" about Sapphire as they are one of the top ATI partners and these are all reference design cards anyways with different stickers and software packages (we all use most recent drivers from ATI anyways). Until the second wave of 4850's comes out with aftermarket cooling and OC, etc, these cards are all essentially the same IMO.

I have both the Asus and Powercolor ones that were $145AR, and they're both fine. All the reference cards as far as I'm aware of run hot at low fan speeds and noisy at high fan speeds. I like the Asus Smartmonitor because you have tight control over custom fan speeds, but there are indirect ways of doing the same with other models as well.

I'm also more interested in future 4850s with improved 2 slot cooling, don't need a 8 Gigawatt reactor in my PC.

I'm also more interested in future 4850s with improved 2 slot cooling, don't need a 8 Gigawatt reactor in my PC.

8 gigawatts? That's like (8/1.21 = 6.6) you being able to time travel 6 times if you had a flux capacitor!!

8 gigawatts? That's like (8/1.21 = 6.6) you being able to time travel 6 times if you had a flux capacitor!!
Like one of these? Only $250 at thinkgeek.com
flux_capacitor.gif

Back