having trouble watching movies

lukeh182

Gawd
whenever i try to watch a movie it will play but the video sputters and the audio plays normally. i have never had this problem and can't figure out what is causing it to happen. i've tried with WMP 9 and Power DVD deluxe 5. same problem with both programs. i have tried:
defrag
all drivers are up to date
restarting
different movies
reinstalled PowerDVD

also my movies are saved on the HD i haven't tried with a regular DVD
anyone have any suggestions?

This is with *all* of your movies?

Reinstall drivers and codecs?

EDIT:

Take M11's advice from the AVI thread and check out GSpot..
M11 said:
Once you find out which codec it uses, update that codec specifically. Avoid the "All-In-One" codec packs, as they can be problematic.

tried reinstalling. still does it with all movies, unless they are on an actual DVD. what is strange is that they have always worked fine in the past. any other suggestions? and in case you missed it above, it does this in WMP 9 AND PowerDVD 5

try using winamp 5 or if you want to buy it and upgrade to winamp pro.
thats what i use to play all my avi and mpg\mpeg movies, it works great, i didnt know people still used WMP9 to watch movies, because it sux.

XxMe_LoCoxX said:
try using winamp 5 or if you want to buy it and upgrade to winamp pro.
thats what i use to play all my avi and mpg\mpeg movies, it works great, i didnt know people still used WMP9 to watch movies, because it sux.
thanx, i had all but forgotten about winamp. it is now working great. i'm still trying to figure out why i stopped using winamp. i remember trying out the beta version of winamp 3. that's been a while!

Try out Media Player Classic, it sort of sounds like a codec problem.

Back