Having trouble logging in using Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminus

[H]ard|Gawd
My login works when I use Firefox, but if I try to login using Chrome with the same password the HardForums returns with a "You have used 1 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes" error.

I've already had to reset my password twice because of this, what do you guys think is wrong?

Huh...odd. The same thing was happening to me (and still is) on my netbook after I cleared cookies in Chrome. I went back to [H] and I couldn't login. :confused:

In the FAQ stickied thread.

(16) I'm having problems with the forums (502 Bad Gateway) (various problems). Do what we call the drill. Clear you cookies (log out of the [H]), clear your browser cache and cookies, flush your DNS cache and log back on. If the problem isn't gone after that, post your problem on the forum and we'll see what can be done. If you follow the steps outlined, it will save you and us loads of time

Same issue here using FF 3.6

I had to revert to IE just to get in.
On my way to the stickies...

<EDIT>
Followed the above steps, but no change. Still tells me invalid log in. First time it happend was this AM, I simply closed browser and tried again... and it worked.
I selected "remember me", but apparently it did not. I clicked a new thread, and was no longer logged in, and the "invalid login" started up again.

I have tabs open that I cannot close just yet, but once I'm done I will attempt closing FF and restarting to see if it again "fixes" the issue.

Last edited:
I had this issue earlier today with Chrome 4.1.249.1025 beta. Clearing the personal data, closing the browser and flushing the DNS cache resolved it.

Same issue here using FF 3.6

I had to revert to IE just to get in.
On my way to the stickies...

<EDIT>
Followed the above steps, but no change. Still tells me invalid log in. First time it happend was this AM, I simply closed browser and tried again... and it worked.
I selected "remember me", but apparently it did not. I clicked a new thread, and was no longer logged in, and the "invalid login" started up again.

I have tabs open that I cannot close just yet, but once I'm done I will attempt closing FF and restarting to see if it again "fixes" the issue.
Same here with firefox, had to use IE to login. Tried everything the sticky suggested and nothing work so going reinstall firefox to see if that will work.

Edit:Reinstalling firefox did the trick.

Last edited:
I'm still having the issue now, FF, chrome, Opera = fail, IE = pass...first time it has ever happened.

Just to chime in, I've had the same issue a couple times on random work PCs (using FF 3.5/3.6) over the past week or so. Sometimes using 'hardforum.com' instead of 'www.hardforum.com' (or vice versa) does work.

I am also having issues. Could not login using firefox on 2 systems (cleared history, cache, etc) or an older version of explorer. Was however able to login using explorer bundled with W7. What gives?

Just adding some info, starting today I had problems with firefox. I kept my password saved and had it auto-log me, but wouldn't work. Chrome was fine however.

Set firefox not to remember you and it should work. If I don't do that I can't log in with anything other than IE.

I'm logging in just fine using Chrome on Windows 7, Safari on OS X and Firefox on XP at work

I have Private Browsing mode set, and several times it will say I have the wrong password when in fact I know it's not wrong

when I close firefox and reopen it then try logging in again it works

kind of annoying

i had this happen 2 separate w7 systems. clearing cookies/cache then flushing DNS solved it, but annoying regardless

I could not log in last night for about 6 hours.
Finally resolved itself but was very annoying to keep getting locked out for 15 min each time.
I tried using Crome and FF but both had the same result!

I'm having the same problems but with IE.

I'd like to inform the mods that I created a second account called mobusta2 in an attempt to create a thread about this problem. I just saw this thread and did what the instuctions called for (clear cookies and dns) and it worked.

Can kyle or someone else delete the other account I made "mobusta2".

I didn't mean to break the one account rule. I just didn't know what to do.

@Lst, you would be correct, if you didnt have the cookie saved originally in your browser for hardforum.com, you would of been logged out, but the new redirects weren't implemented until last night about 7pm est, so this is not the original issue, i put the redirects inplace so no one is using but one domain from this point on.

To anyone having issues, do the following.
1. Clear ALL cookies that have hardforum in it from your browser, that includes cookies with & without the www on them, this also includes the plural hardforums.com cookies as well.
2. Close all browser windows, completely making sure its also not running in the backgroud/tray, verify in your task manager.
3. Restart your browser, making sure that you browser accepts and asks you to save the new cookie when you navigate to hardforum.com.

same problem in FF which i cant fix but it works fine in chrome ATM.

I can't get it to work in Chrome, but it works in FF. Weird.

Well its happening again. :(
Except this time I cant even log in....(im using my phone)

Ive done the drill, rebooted.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: I guess its my computer since my phone works....but still this is strange

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back