Having trouble forwarding ports on WRT54G

_cashel

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got a WRT54G running the DD-WRT firmware, and I'm trying to forward ports 6110-6112 for Warcraft. I've setup a static IP, entered everything correctly, I've even gone step by step on some of the many port forwarding guides out there for this router, but nothing works. I have the IP set to 192.168.1.2, and the port range going from 6110 to 6119 with it enabled of course. I messed around with the windows firewall, and even disabled it. I've switched several firmwares on the router, reinstalled network cards, etc. but nothing works. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Here's a pic of the port forwarding setup screen for reference
ports.JPG

You're sure that the PC running the game has the assigned IP of 192.168.1.2?

Have you checked to make sure that the Windows XP firewall on that machine isn't enabled and somehow blocking traffic on these ports?

Also unless I'm missing something wc3 only needs port 6112 to be forwarded

Blue Falcon said:
You're sure that the PC running the game has the assigned IP of 192.168.1.2?

Have you checked to make sure that the Windows XP firewall on that machine isn't enabled and somehow blocking traffic on these ports?

Also unless I'm missing something wc3 only needs port 6112 to be forwarded

yes I'm sure that the pc is assigned to that IP. I've checked the firewall, added and deleted entries, hell I've outright disabled it, but it doesn't make a difference. AFAIK, it does only need 6112, but I have also heard 6110, so I just figured, what the hell, forward that whole series. I posted my problem on another board, and they suggested running ethreal, and here's the output I'm getting:

dump.JPG

BTW, I tried to export it to a text file, but for whatever reason it kept giving me an error stating "The path to the file "" doesn't exist."

I'm pretty new to the program so I really don't know how to interpret the data given. I also ran the ShieldsUP test and it says that the port 6112 is still closed, despite me forwarding it. However I was told that this is normal because I didn't have warcraft running to respond to 6112 calls. It failed both the Solicited TCP Packets and Ping Reply tests (good things) but passed the Unsolicited Packets test (I guess a bad thing if I'm trying to open the port).

Have you tried putting that PC (192.168.1.2) in the DMZ in the router and seeing if it works then? At least that way you'd know if it was the router or comething on the PC itself...

I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before, because normally that's one of the first things I'll do. I just tried that however, and it's still not working.

_cashel said:
I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before, because normally that's one of the first things I'll do. I just tried that however, and it's still not working.

Well that pretty much narrows the problem to something on that PC and not a problem with the router. If there is no software firewall interfering with the game then I'd say it's some setting in the game itself. But you got me. :confused: *shrug*

Back