Having to reconfirm email regularly?

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
I've noticed I haven't been getting thread notifications, so when I logged in, the forum said it cannot send emails to my email and I need to update it. I thought this is very strange since I own my own email server and have little to no filtering on incoming emails.

I reconfirmed it and emails came again for a day, and then I noticed nothing and logged in to find the same message. Same update and things are working again.

I think this is more of a systematic issue because bonehead-something (a staple user here who I've seen forever) recently re-registered because they had problems logging into their account (possibly the same issue). Anyone else having a similar issue, and has anything changed on the backend in the last month or so as a potential trigger?

We have been using Amazon SES for outgoing emails here on HF for several years now without any changes in the last few years.
https://aws.amazon.com/ses/

has anything changed on the backend in the last month or so as a potential trigger?
There have been no changes to the email configuration for the last few years.

Your account email has encountered "too many soft bounces" which is why it's asking for reconfirmation.
It seems your mail server is blocking emails sent out from Amazon SES.

We have been using Amazon SES for outgoing emails here on HF for several years now without any changes in the last few years.
https://aws.amazon.com/ses/

There have been no changes to the email configuration for the last few years.

Your account email has encountered "too many soft bounces" which is why it's asking for reconfirmation.
It seems your mail server is blocking emails sent out from Amazon SES.
Thank you for the additional details. Do you have some technical details of a 'soft bounce' that I can pass on to my email server company? If they're blocking Amazon SES in general I don't think I'd be getting emails from reddit since reddit listed as an SES customer. Any additional details will be helpful.

I'm sure in the constant patching environment that exists today, something inadvertently has changed somewhere on some thing that started this issue. Tracing it down is going to be a pita but so is reconfirming my account every 2 days.

Thank you for the help! I got the thread notification that there was a reply here and it didn't require reconfirmation so maybe something is 'learning' some where.

Well, that didn't last. Have had to reconfirm several times this week. :( Really negates the thread notifications since I never know if thread gets updated and that's what usually pulls me back to the site regularly.

Still having to reconfirm several times a day. It's a real pita. :(

Back