having some trouble will dual monitors

dragnandy

Limp Gawd
ive never tried dual monitors and i recently found an old crt laying around so decided to give it a try. i got things working but i ran into a problem. i set monitor #1 as my main, and monitor #2 as my extended monitor. when i try to run a game, itll automatically open up in monitor #1, in full screen mode. is there a way to make the game open up on monitor #2 instead? both monitors are different resolution and id prefer gaming on a higher res monitor.

also, similar to the game problem, is there a way to assign or designate which monitor each program will open up in? for example when i open up firefox, right now it always pops up on monitor #2, rather than #1

Last edited:
ultramon did give me more options with using dual monitors but i am still unable to select which monitor programs and games open up on. do you know any other alternative?

sidenote: i realized i wrote 'trouble will dual monitors', when i really meant 'trouble with dual monitors'. lol! is there a way to edit that?

Right click the shortcut to the application you want to manage and select "Properties" from the menu. You'll find some new tabs added by Ultramon.

This is the one you want:

7314210.png

Out of curiosity, why not just change your other monitor to the primary so games launch there?

uhhg, its not working for some reason. =\ well it does work with programs such as vlc, firefox, media player, ect. but i cannot get the games to launch in the other monitor for some reason.

im going to keep trying, but if all fails, i will end up making my 2nd monitor my primary. i guess it was just a personal preference, but i wanted my smaller monitor to be my primary to run all the little apps and programs, and my larger monitor to manage all those stuff.

You could try this as well:

97019479.png

Select the monitor you want the game to run on and check the two boxes circled in red. This will temporarily set the other monitor to primary, forcing the game to launch there.

Back