Having Mail Returned To You

PiERiT

2[H]4U
I sent a package recently, and the buyer did not provide the full address (forgot the apt number). As such, it got marked as Undeliverable, and according to the tracking, it will be sent back to me.

That was last week Wednesday, and I still have not seen the package. The tracking info has not been updated at all. My return address was on it, so I'm not sure if it's just taking longer than it normally would, or if they're not going to bother returning it.

Does anyone know if the tracking info will update with its location as it is on its way back to me? Do I have any way of finding out the status of it, either by calling my PO or the PO that it was last seen at? This has never happened to me before so I'm not sure what to do here.

I sent a package recently, and the buyer did not provide the full address (forgot the apt number). As such, it got marked as Undeliverable, and according to the tracking, it will be sent back to me.

That was last week Wednesday, and I still have not seen the package. The tracking info has not been updated at all. My return address was on it, so I'm not sure if it's just taking longer than it normally would, or if they're not going to bother returning it.

Does anyone know if the tracking info will update with its location as it is on its way back to me? Do I have any way of finding out the status of it, either by calling my PO or the PO that it was last seen at? This has never happened to me before so I'm not sure what to do here.

Call your local PO. The clerks have access to more precise information. Something the regular tracking system for consumers do not have.

Contact the buyer, ask him how everything is with the items. Don't tip off anything with the tracking. If you get positive confirmation from the buyer, be on your merry way. Otherwise...

Be patient.

I've sent a couple packages that were noted in tracking as "Undeliverable as addressed" and ended up being delivered anyway. In fact, check this out (from last year):
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9406209699937079425718

Yes... the package did arrive at its destination, on time and the recipient was quite happy with it.

Thanks. The tracking actually finally updated shortly after I opened this thread, and it was eventually returned to me.

For my future reference, would it have been possible for me to correct the address while it was sitting at the destination PO? Either by calling them or by going through some online system? It sat there for a week after the failed delivery, and as mentioned, was only missing the apartment number.

Thanks. The tracking actually finally updated shortly after I opened this thread, and it was eventually returned to me.

For my future reference, would it have been possible for me to correct the address while it was sitting at the destination PO? Either by calling them or by going through some online system? It sat there for a week after the failed delivery, and as mentioned, was only missing the apartment number.

It is not possible with USPS. I tried once, but they said it is outside of their capability

No but you can work with the post master and see if the person buying the item would pick it up from the post office. I did this once because of issues.

Back