Haven't played/beaten games in awhile, where to start?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
So I have loads of games on my PC, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, PS3, etc. and want to start actually playing and (hopefully) beating them. I just don't know where to start, any ideas?

For me, I always go with whatever I genre feel like playing at the moment. During Steam sales, I purchase different type of games (rpg, rts, fps, click adventure, etc) to ensure I always have a diverse library of games so I could pick whatever I felt like playing that day.

But that's the problem, I don't know what I feel like playing lol. I just wonder if perhaps I should go by system, series, or something else?

Why don`t you first list what games you have at hand if you want suggestions? ;)

I have the same problem. I bought a PS4 and a Xbox One within the last 4 months along with games, and I also have games on my Wii U I have yet to finish. And of course, I have many PC games I have yet to finish too.

I figure a good way to combat this is to take a game I really want to play, like my most recent example was The Order 1886. By the time I was nearing the end, I had the urge to want to shift to something else but then I was like... No, I need to push through and finish it. And then once I did I was satisfied.

I guess it's not a horrible thing to go back and forth between certain games. Like for instance right now I am very slowly cycling between 3 games. I have 2 best friends on opposite sides of the country, so whenever all 3 of us happen to be online at the same time we will try to play Destiny together for a while. When we all sign off from that, I will go play Wolfenstein The New Order (which is fucking awesome btw). And, I started Alien Isolation about a week ago. Amazing and huge fan of Aliens but it's not a game I am always in the mood to play... sometimes I just want to shoot shit so that one is more-or-less on the back-burner until I feel like playing a scary suspenseful game.

I just go alphabetically down my backlog. Just beat deus ex: hr and dishonored. Next is deadly premonition.

List all of your games in a spreadsheet and use a random function to pick a game for you ;).

Start off small. I don't have much time for games these days and I'll play something that quick and easy. Quick games that aren't too long like Dead light or Limbo are only a few hours long (3-4 hours). RPG's takes up way too much time, so I play those last.

I was in a similar rut then started playing King's Field..... can't seem to put the controller down now, MUST FINISH IT!!!!

I did just buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii U VC, so I may start with those. Amazing games!

When I get in a slump like this I usually look for a game that I know wont take very many hours to beat. Most of the time I will start playing a game that I know will take a lot of hours to beat like Skyrim and then pick a game that's shorter to play through when I need a break. The other thing I do its only have 2 or 3 games installed at once so I dont look at the list and wander what to play. If there are only 3 games I have installed its pretty easy to decide which of the 3 I want to play.

Back