HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICES ON THE GTX 1070!!!!

HaloSVT

n00b
There more than a GTX 1080. I know with all the miner BS going on but really WHO WOULD BAY A 1070 AT THAT PRICE!?!?!?!?

Hmmm, I have a couple of 1080s that I was thinking about putting into a VR rig downstairs. I'm thinking I might sell one to help pay for the Rift while it's on sale. $300 for an FE 1080 is possible to get isn't it?

Hmmm, I have a couple of 1080s that I was thinking about putting into a VR rig downstairs. I'm thinking I might sell one to help pay for the Rift while it's on sale. $300 for an FE 1080 is possible to get isn't it?
Uh, yes. Right here :)

Yeah, you'd have no issues selling for $300. You would do fine at $350 even.

There more than a GTX 1080. I know with all the miner BS going on but really WHO WOULD BAY A 1070 AT THAT PRICE!?!?!?!?
Good thing I got my GTX 1070FE for $350 just a month ago.

double right here, lol.

I'm debating buying a 1050 or 1050 ti to hold me over while prices stabilize; my only rig (X58 xeon) has no GPU and I'd like to get it back online

$400 for a clean used 1080 is reasonable.

That price will get you a GTX 980 ... if there's back stock for the 10 series it's got to be all but gone by now and I recon MFG's wont be shipping any more what with the series 20's just around the corner, maybe next month sometime?

double right here, lol.

I'm debating buying a 1050 or 1050 ti to hold me over while prices stabilize; my only rig (X58 xeon) has no GPU and I'd like to get it back online
I bought a cheap gaming laptop a few months ago that has a 1050 Ti. I'm really impressed with it.

Like, it's obviously not as fast as the 1080 in my gaming box, but it does surprisingly well for 1080P 60Hz gaming. I've considered buying one for my living room rig to replace the ridiculous 290X it currently has.

Something I don't understand is, why are the miners willing to pay that much? At the current price, which has been steadily declining for the last two weeks or so, you could not make back the cost of buying a GTX 1070 before the difficulty gets so high that mining Ethereum at all just isn't worth it.

Are they all banking on the possibility of the price of Eth going up to $1000 or something? That doesn't really seem like a good bet to me.

I bought a cheap gaming laptop a few months ago that has a 1050 Ti. I'm really impressed with it.

Like, it's obviously not as fast as the 1080 in my gaming box, but it does surprisingly well for 1080P 60Hz gaming. I've considered buying one for my living room rig to replace the ridiculous 290X it currently has.

Something I don't understand is, why are the miners willing to pay that much? At the current price, which has been steadily declining for the last two weeks or so, you could not make back the cost of buying a GTX 1070 before the difficulty gets so high that mining Ethereum at all just isn't worth it.

Are they all banking on the possibility of the price of Eth going up to $1000 or something? That doesn't really seem like a good bet to me.

A few weeks ago it kind of made sense with ETH at $350+. Now that ETH is in a nose dive and difficulty skyrocketing, well...not so much.

So my debate is, I don't need a card for 2-4 weeks: do I try to find one now for $100-$150 or wait and hope that either the market for 1050ti's has improved (or other used cards)? The end goal is a 1080/1080ti, but supply/prices has been insane.

The difficulty level for Etherium went up recently so give it a bit and the market may cool off and go back to normal prices.

Do you think a 980ti is valuable to miners? Could I get 350 for it lol? Seriously what are they worth.

So my debate is, I don't need a card for 2-4 weeks: do I try to find one now for $100-$150 or wait and hope that either the market for 1050ti's has improved (or other used cards)? The end goal is a 1080/1080ti, but supply/prices has been insane.

You can get the 1080Ti founder's edition straight from Nvidia for 699. Newegg had plenty of the partner cards for only slightly more.

Do you think a 980ti is valuable to miners? Could I get 350 for it lol? Seriously what are they worth.
I don't think so. There's something about the 9 series that makes it pretty weak at Ethereum mining in comparison to Pascal or GCN GPUs.

On the other hand, with demand for the 1070 being what it currently is, you might be able to sell it for a modest premium to someone who intends to use it for gaming.

i paid $310 for a used evga 1070 sc from CL locally, you can still find decent deals on CL

That price will get you a GTX 980 ... if there's back stock for the 10 series it's got to be all but gone by now and I recon MFG's wont be shipping any more what with the series 20's just around the corner, maybe next month sometime?

If Vega ends up being as much of a hot turd (emphasis on hot) as the early benches indicate, I doubt we'll see the 11/20 series at all this year.

Yeah....This is why I'm focused on building vintage rigs now. I'm fed up with the RGB/Miner generation. Back to the basics & a whole hell of a lot more games that I enjoy playing.

Where I live prices of 1060 and 1070 have increased about 50%. I certainly can sell my 1070 now and make a tidy profit lol. I probably might, if I have the cash to upgrade to a 1080Ti :(

Most on ebay are selling for right around $470 then subtract 13% for paypal/ebay fees and you're still investing well over $100 of your own money for a 1080

Yeah....This is why I'm focused on building vintage rigs now. I'm fed up with the RGB/Miner generation. Back to the basics & a whole hell of a lot more games that I enjoy playing.

I've got a 1070... Lately all I play is 2D indie games (Dead Cells, Shovel Knight, Axiom Verge etc.) and the Borderlands games. All of which would run on MUCH less. I've been having a LOT of fun. I was having a blast with Prey though I'll admit, but then I totally got sidetracked playing the 2D games again. :D

Trying to get my daughters into Q3A, but they're pretty set on Borderlands for now. Soon though. Soon...

They do love their Sierra and Lucas Arts adventures too.

Back