Have you received some else's returned items from amazon before?

Have had numerous issues but amazon has always handled it quick and to my satisfaction.

I get shit from Amazon that looks like it's been used *A LOT* ... I'd say 30% of the time at least.

Putting my pointy tin foil hat on here, but I think the reason for getting returns sold as new is because companies are posting bogus positive reviews in droves on Amazon. When you get the product and realize it sucks, you return it. I always look at the worst reviews to see how the product really is.
I think you're being too generous.

I think people returning broken/worn items is intentional. It seems pretty clear that the dog carrier was abused and the person simply ordered a new one from Amazon and sent their old one back in.

People do the same thing in retail stores and employees usually can't call customers out on it. Instead they take ID's and scan them into the computer. I've heard amazon will cut off your returns if you abuse it, too.

I got a returned Sony N200 4 years ago that was returned.
The previous owner left his/her Netflix and Hulu account on it and they still work.
Price at the time $50.
Savings from not paying for both Hulu and Netflix for 4 years?
$768

PRICELESS.

I bought a pair of the Sennheiser HD 598SE's on Black Friday and the head band cushion started peeling off so I requested a replacement. The second pair arrived today and they have clearly been used.

The plastic seal was missing and cables were secured with old rubber bands. The worst part though was finding someone else's hair on the ear pads :rolleyes: Yuck.

A couple years back, I was buying Christmas gifts, and I had a second box show up with someone else's stuff in it. I basically got two boxes with the same order info on it, but separate ups tracking numbers. Bazaar, but my wife liked the stuff. It was like a full on Burts Bees kit with everything they make.

I bought a warehouse deals evga p2 1600. It's openbox so its supposed to be opened, slightly used. Like how used could it be for 30 day return right? I check the thing out and the ahole who had it before used the wrong screw holes so some of the perf holes are messed up. Then I check the dust level and its caked with dust. I'm like wtf, this thing must be at least a year old! I sent it back obviously, but lost a few days during my build.

Not Amazon, but since someone mentioned Newegg... Years ago, I purchased a refurbished Corsair Force 3 GT 60GB SSD for around $40. When the box arrived from UPS, it was huge and I was confused about why it was so large. Upon opening it there was another box inside with the Corsair label on it. They sent me one case of 10x refurbished SSDs instead of one SSD. I'm guessing they had someone new in the warehouse who just grabbed the box off the shelf and packaged it up not realizing they had to take each unit out of the Corsair box.

EDIT: Added some pictures

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Last edited:
I've received double of things from Amazon twice. One was an extra 2TB hard drive, which was returned. The other was an extra pair of ~$20 headphones. Amazon said to keep it.

So I finally got my long awaited GTX 1080 from Amazon, and I notice the security tape looks a bit funny. Oh well, as long as it works who gives a shit I think to myself. Well it doesn't work. Monitor never comes out of sleep mode and all the card does is spin the fans and put on a pretty light show with its LEDs. Now I have to arrange a damn RMA and wait for another card.

I buy a lot of warehouse deals, so Yeah, I other peoples returns. Last time I ordered a Blu Ray player. it came with a bonus DVD. I guess the previous owner forgot it. I hope it wasn't a rental.

So I finally got my long awaited GTX 1080 from Amazon, and I notice the security tape looks a bit funny. Oh well, as long as it works who gives a shit I think to myself. Well it doesn't work. Monitor never comes out of sleep mode and all the card does is spin the fans and put on a pretty light show with its LEDs. Now I have to arrange a damn RMA and wait for another card.
The interesting thing about Amazon, at least whenever this happened to me, is that even though I buy a used/refurbished item the replacement is new without any extra charge.

At least one has the comfort of knowing that Amazon will make any purchase right on their dime. Chat support is quick and always helpful.

The interesting thing about Amazon, at least whenever this happened to me, is that even though I buy a used/refurbished item the replacement is new without any extra charge.

There is no option to get a replacement on a warehouse deal. It's refund only.

I got a few hiccups with my jillons of orders from Amazon. Amazon always took care of all my issues or comp them.

Whats to worry?! Their live chat always hits up a rep within a few minutes or less unlike other companies.

I got a few hiccups with my jillons of orders from Amazon. Amazon always took care of all my issues or comp them.

Whats to worry?! Their live chat always hits up a rep within a few minutes or less unlike other companies.

Yeah, I am always amazed at when I click for them to call me, I get a call in short order. Most places say they will get back with you later. Must be later in the next century.

Prime member for several years and never had any problems like this with Amazon. Only time I ever had a double-received order was with Sears and it was several years ago...a family member needed an alternator for his tractor, but wasn't familiar/comfortable with finding and/or buying items online (old people, heh). Anyway, I found the part, ordered it, it showed up quickly and all was well. A couple weeks later I get another box in the mail - same alternator. I held onto it for a couple weeks to see if I got any emails or phone calls about it, didn't hear anything so I sold it on eBay (and got $150 out of it).

At least one has the comfort of knowing that Amazon will make any purchase right on their dime. Chat support is quick and always helpful.
Yup, and you can always pull the "Because I know <insert business here> values my business, as a one time courtesy would you be willing to cover return shipping cost"? Seems to work well by being polite.

Been a customer for many years and never had a used item sent. Even when I order warehouse deal "used" stuff it always has appeared to be new.....

I have bought at least 1 item per week from them every week for at least 6 years I am sure its longer but that's when I got really sick and cant really go walk around at stores to shop.
Only had one broken bottle of cleaner and that's it bought everything you can think of from them as they are just about the only place I shop.

I did have really bad shipping times from them all of a sudden for a couple months that almost made me turn off my prime account this year about the middle of year but it returned to almost what it was but not as good shipping still not 2 days like it used to be for me now 3-4 days most times.

We have a big amazon warehouse in the next town over like 30 miles away so not sure what changed its still there.
Only other gripe would be prices that fluctuate wildly sometimes but I always buy on sale almost always anyway.

Last edited:
I think it's happened to me once with Amazon. Though I think my worst experience was with walmart.com. I had ordered a Razer Deathadder a few months ago online, and when it arrived, it was very clear that it had been torn open and poorly retaped. I decided used or not, I'd at least give it a try and see if the mouse shape was to my liking before deciding what to do...and that's when the real surprise came. There was a mouse in the box, but it wasn't even a Deathadder. It was a much cheaper Razer model and that was very visibly worn and had probably seen years of use. Presumably, someone had pulled a switch on Walmart and whoever processed the Walmart return didn't even bother to compare serial numbers (or even look at the mouse) before tossing it back in their inventory.

So about 4 months ago I bought a hand blender from amazon (directly from them not from a store on amazon) and when I got the package I opened it up to find another package on the inside already opened with someone else's shipping label already on it and their rma label. I took the blender out and it had been used before. I called amazon and they gave me a partial refund and let me keep it. It wasn't that big of a deal.

So today I get some dvd's (a series) I had ordered from them and I open the package and notice they aren't sealed at all and I open the case and there are two disk two's and disk 3 is missing. Fairly obvious someone returned the set after they opened it to find the same thing.

The costumer service was very helpful but this is kind of worry some to me because it is obvious they are just taking customer returns and selling them as new.

Anyone else have that happen?

yeah a friend bought a bluetooth headset and it had the rma label in the box and ear wax on the ear piece.

Back