Have you ever thought of someone stealing your SFF?

adri1456

Gawd
Now that my qpack has been demoted to a *counts* 8th computer, its in the family room, where there's high traffic.

Has anyone thought of someone just unplugging their SFF computer and walking away with it? (in my case, the qpack has a convenient handle). But then again, what will stop a person from stealing a regular desktop?

I think if I had someone who wanted to steal my stuff in my house I'd have bigger worries than my SFF;)

Good idea to have something if you are going to college and living anywhere but home. For the average person with 8 PCs, it's probably a waste. ;)

I figure if someone breaks into the house and knows what they are looking for, and has the time, then yeah, my PCs may be at risk because as they can be fenced quickly and easily but I doubt thats all the thieves will take. I figure if the thief gets past the alarms, dogs, me and guns, then they are free to take whatever they want. Personally, I dont worry much about such things. If you do invite strangers inside just watch what they carry out with them.

average thief is not going to steal a non-laptop computer... desktops are pretty worthless unless you really know what it is, and most people that know what it is are not going to be breaking into your house (hopefully)

average thief is not going to steal a non-laptop computer... desktops are pretty worthless unless you really know what it is, and most people that know what it is are not going to be breaking into your house (hopefully)

To add to that, a thief is more interested in trivial things such as jewlery, tv's, radios, cash, cameras, and other small but high end electronics. Laptops would be another big favorite as mentioned as it can easily be moved.

What about Lanparties?

I'm not a gamer at all, no lanparties for me. I think if I were I'd probably not invite people over who were likely to steal my stuff. It might also be a bit obvious if someone were walking out the door with my SFF box while I was around:)

Back