Have to keep repairing connection in XP SP2

Streyeder

Cornflake Pisser
I just built my father a new computer, and for some reason he has to keep repairing the connection while he is online. I didn't have a problem while I was downloading drivers and all here at my apartment on my routered cable connection. He's had them ever since he got it home. He's on DSL with my mom's computer where the 4-port DSL router has DHCP. I've never seen this before, can't find it on here, google, or MSKB. Any clues?

if possible change the lease duration to something longer, that should preclude him from needing to repair the connection as often

remember a dhcp client will start trying to renew its lease and 50% of the lease duration.

The DSL modem acts as the router. It's from the phone company, and this has never happened before.

look in the manual. it should have some information on how to access the routing portion of the modem. if you can find a way to access the router/modem then you can change the lease duration.

I agree, the Winsock repair has solved many problems like that for me in the past.

Back