Have to disable/enable nic constantly.

ranstlin

Weaksauce
Ok, so at my job we just updated one of our servers. This server runs 2 websites in IIS, in addition to other things. The server currently has 3 nics in it. 2 onboard and one PCI-X. (I thought the problem I might be having would possibly be a flaky onboard nic, but that apparently is not the case. ) The PCI-X nic is used for external traffic to the 2 websites running in IIS. The server is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise if this helps.

Anyway, for some reason, at least once a day the sites just stop working from outside the network. From what I can tell the sites still work from inside the network for some reason but noone else outside our network can access them. The only way I've found to fix this problem is by disabling and reenabling the nic. Once I do this everything goes back to normal. But since I am able to access the site constantly at work, I never know when the sites are down unless someone complains to me or I check it myself.

Any ideas what would cause the inability to access the sites unless you disable/enable the nic?

(Sorry if this post is incoherent, will provide more details if asked)

Back