Have to change my phone, wondering which HTC phone is best

reaper12

2[H]4U
I lost my phone last night and I have to upgrade sooner than I planned to. The two phones that I am thinking about are the HTC Desire and the HTC HD2. Of the two phones can anyone give me an idea as to which would be better?

Over here there is still no sign of the incredible been released. Is the HTC Incredible way better than either of the two phones above? Would it be worth my while getting a cheap phone to get me by until the incredible gets released here?

Thanks!!

thanks for the link!!

I heard that you can put android 2.1/2.2 on the HD2 as well.

The Desire and the Incredible are both the same hardware base. The Inc has a different camera. I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

Tough to go wrong with the Incredible. I really like mine. I had an Evo, but didn't like its size. Sprint's coverage in Atlanta isn't good, either. I was dropping calls all the time. The Incredible has nearly all the power of the Evo (sans 4G) in a smaller package. HTC is releasing an OTA update (including the improvements below) within a few weeks that will make the Inc even better.

• Froyo
  • 802.11 n
  • 3G Mobile Hot Spot
  • HTC Widget: Email
  • HTC Widget: News
  • EAS Updates
  • 720p Video Recording
  • Amazon MP3

The INC is the best phone out on the market right now (imo). I'm pretty sure the desire is the GSM version of it but I still like the look of the INC more.

Thanks for the answers, the problem is that you can't get the incredible over here(uk and ireland) It would is a phone I would love to have though it looks great!!

Was just in the phone shop today and was about to buy the desire but they had none in stock and will have them in the middle of next week. They did have a sony ericsson X10. So it seems that's my choices do I wait for the desire or get the X!0 now??

Actually I got a look at a HTC desire today, very nice phone, looks great and seems very easy to use. But, while I was looking at the Desire a person came in to get something configured on his phone, his phone was the samsung wave (bada s8500). I asked the guy could I take a quick look and I was very impressed!! The screen is amazing and it was really fast.

It looks like the App selection isn't great at the moment, but, after reading up some more about them I am finding it very hard to find reasons to not to buy one :) In the few minutes playing with both the Desire and the Wave today I definately preferred the Wave. Of course it is really hard to really get to know a phone in a few minutes.

Actually I got a look at a HTC desire today, very nice phone, looks great and seems very easy to use. But, while I was looking at the Desire a person came in to get something configured on his phone, his phone was the samsung wave (bada s8500). I asked the guy could I take a quick look and I was very impressed!! The screen is amazing and it was really fast.

It looks like the App selection isn't great at the moment, but, after reading up some more about them I am finding it very hard to find reasons to not to buy one :) In the few minutes playing with both the Desire and the Wave today I definately preferred the Wave. Of course it is really hard to really get to know a phone in a few minutes.

Ugh, if you want apps get either an Android phone or iPhone. I don't think the Bada OS will take off, frankly.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I went into the store today and got myself a Samsung Wave. And after using it for most of the day I have to say I am very happy with my purchase. It is very fast, everything I have tried on it so far works. The screen is very impressive!! Even downloaded a few Apps :)

Looking forward to testing all the features of this phone. And for me I know I made the right choice :)

Back