Have Team Fortress 2 (Buy Orange Box) Question

I am pretty sure you can gift any piece of the orange box you already own beforehand...

did you check the website? It seems to imply that it doesn't work with Portal or Team Fortress 2. I really can't take the chance of having two Team Fortresses.

You could sell/give away your old steam login ID and password, and activate the Orange Box with a new account.

so are you saying it probably wouldn't work? I'd rather keep my account since I prefer the name.

I doubt it would work. Valve does not seem too eager to allow trading of games on Steam. If you don't care that much, I would just activate the Orange Box and be done with it. Its not like it hurts anything to have two copies of TF2 on there, and who knows, maybe it will work.

Should be able to gift it. I had HL2 before Orange Box, now says I have a copy to give away.

Got a reply:
Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Unfortunately, purchasing the Orange Box on Steam will not enable a giftable copy of TF2. However, if you do purchase The Orange Box and provide a photo of the CD Key for TF2 at this time, we can assist you in moving the Key to a new account of your choice.

Let us know if you would like to proceed with this process.

That's good to know. I would have purchased the Orange Box to begin with if I didn't have it for the 360, but I ended up selling that version without ever playing it (my brother played it however).

Back