Have pronlem with random reboots

Airbrushkid

2[H]4U
My system is about a 1 1/2 months old. Spec's in sig. I updated the bios to the newest. It worked for a while. But in the past 2 days I have had the computer reboot out no where. I've shut the computer off. The turn back on and made it to the Windows load screen and had it reboot. It's messed up and annoying. Can someone help?

Last edited:
Is it blue screening? Are you overclocked and if so have you ruled that out?

Checked temps under load? Run a memory tester? CPU fan turning? Checked to make sure cabling is secure on boot disk?

Temps are fine. Water cooled. No cables for disk. Intel 750 series pcie ssd is the boot drive. Memory is fine to.

Checked temps under load? Run a memory tester? CPU fan turning? Checked to make sure cabling is secure on boot disk?

I assume it is the system in your sig.

Could be the PSU is failing, can you make it reboot by stressing the video cards? That would be a good indicator that the PSU is not able to handle the power draw.

Stressing the video cards does not make it reboot. Sitting there doing nothing and it reboots. But that was 10 hours ago. No reboot yet. And I been playing games like GTA 5, Mad Max, Far Cry 3 which stress it etc. The whole system is brand new no used parts. I have never had bad parts that where new. Just lucking that way.

I assume it is the system in your sig.

Could be the PSU is failing, can you make it reboot by stressing the video cards? That would be a good indicator that the PSU is not able to handle the power draw.

I had an issue like that in the past.

I had one stick of memory go bad.

You might want to memTest your memory, one stick at a time.:D

Temps are fine. Water cooled. No cables for disk. Intel 750 series pcie ssd is the boot drive. Memory is fine to.

Have you actually tested the disk and memory or are you assuming they are fine simply because they're new?

Have you actually tested the disk and memory or are you assuming they are fine simply because they're new?

I agree.
The situation I noted above happened to me with a kit of Ram that was just over one month old.

You said you updated the BIOS and then things went bad.
Did you need to update it? Or was it just because?

You might consider going back if that BIOS version was stable.

I tested the ssd and memory before I asked here. I updated the bios to the newest because is said it was for "Improve system stability." It did the reboot thing a while back that's why I also updated the bios. And now 20 hours have past and no reboot.

I agree.
The situation I noted above happened to me with a kit of Ram that was just over one month old.

You said you updated the BIOS and then things went bad.
Did you need to update it? Or was it just because?

You might consider going back if that BIOS version was stable.

I tested the ssd and memory before I asked here. I updated the bios to the newest because is said it was for "Improve system stability." It did the reboot thing a while back that's why I also updated the bios. And now 20 hours have past and no reboot.

What was the methodology you used to test your memory?

Also, try running RealBench.

RealBench

Mon Sep 21 2015
00:44:39

Image Editing: 107897
Time: 79.52

Encoding: 74615
Time: 160.664

OpenCL: 139404
KSamples/sec: 3758

Heavy Multitasking: 64589
Time: 151.418

System Score: 68745

What was the methodology you used to test your memory?

Also, try running RealBench.

Just ran RealBench Stress for 15 minutes and 8 gig memory setting. It made it through.
You only tested your memory to 25% capacity?

I'd run memTest on each stick individually or run 4 instances of memTest to about 85% of system capacity, to the 100% run level....takes about 30 minutes.

I stated before I tested the memory before I just didn't say I used Memtest86. Which I did.

You only tested your memory to 25% capacity?

I'd run memTest on each stick individually or run 4 instances of memTest to about 85% of system capacity, to the 100% run level....takes about 30 minutes.

Had the same-ish issue with my computer. Turned out to be my power supply. Even though it passed the paper clip tests and "supposedly" ran fine, it was causing my PC to randomly (didn't matter if I was in game or just staring at my desktop) reboot. Replaced the power supply, and presto, good as new. The power supply that was failing was only about 2 weeks old as well.

Last edited:
I stated before I tested the memory before I just didn't say I used Memtest86. Which I did.

Well according to your thread.......

Updated BIOS.
CPU, check
Memroy,check
GPUs, check
motherboard....no loose connectors or ungrounded anchor screws

Only thing left is the PSU or maybe a motherboard fault you just can't find.

If it is the motherboard....God help you with ASUS RMA....you'll be waiting until next Christmas to get that done without a ton of heartbreak.

It's not always hardware. Software can cause reboots. It's been a couple days and no reboots. Asus has a program called AI Suite III. I stop letting load on start up and the reboots have stop so far.

Well according to your thread.......

Updated BIOS.
CPU, check
Memroy,check
GPUs, check
motherboard....no loose connectors or ungrounded anchor screws

Only thing left is the PSU or maybe a motherboard fault you just can't find.

If it is the motherboard....God help you with ASUS RMA....you'll be waiting until next Christmas to get that done without a ton of heartbreak.

Back