Have Gsync Monitor.. no Gsync option in drivers.

topslop1

2[H]4U
I have a GSYNC montior with a Geforce 1070 and there's no option in the driver section to enable gsync.

What am I missing or what do I need to do to enable this?

b969168a3fc23ffa17d506006e67f779.png

Just a guess but does the monitor have any on screen settings you can look at?

Oh that's cute, I ordered this:

Acer 27" Widescreen LCD Monitor Display WQHD 2560 x 1440 4 ms | XB271HU bmiprz

But they shipped me an XF.. looks like I have some fighting to do with Acer refurb now. Great.

Oh that's cute, I ordered this:

Acer 27" Widescreen LCD Monitor Display WQHD 2560 x 1440 4 ms | XB271HU bmiprz

But they shipped me an XF.. looks like I have some fighting to do with Acer refurb now. Great.
Oh man that really sucks... I'm about to order from Acer Refurb and fearful this my happen.

Yes it does suck. I'm going to give them a day or two to reach out to me via form I sent in at the same time I am trying to call in repeatedly. They need to send me the correct one overnight, return label me for the one that I have, swap them out, and send it back. If they don't get back to me I'm going to dispute via CC and I'll probably win considering they shipped me the wrong thing and didn't reach out to me.

They're sending me a return label. They have no exchange program. They essentially told me to send this one back, and then to purchase the Gsync version again when it becomes available through their refurbished site.

Displeased with Acer to say the least.

Clearly, this is a screw up on Acer's part, however, I always look at refurbished products as a gamble. Honestly, a refund is about what i'd expect, and is in line with how most online retailers operate.

However, I would ask for a coupon code for your inconvenience.

Charge my CC for the correct monitor, ship it out overnight at not extra cost, with return label for my incorrect monitor, let me ship mine back, refund the additional charge when received. Easy way to turn it into a 1 day swap, instead of me taking my money elsewhere.

Charge my CC for the correct monitor, ship it out overnight at not extra cost, with return label for my incorrect monitor, let me ship mine back, refund the additional charge when received. Easy way to turn it into a 1 day swap, instead of me taking my money elsewhere.
Sure, except you said they're out of stock, so clearly that's not an option.

Well as noted above, ask for a coupon. I think they handled it properly.. you can't be given the moon for such simple mistake...
I understand your feeling and hope you understand they're trying to accommodate you with the return label and reimbursement.

See this like that: let's say you buy it from B&M bestbuy... you would have to actually drive back there and fight with a teenager to make your point and even get a refund... Acer did the right thing.

I had the same issues with Acer refurbs a year ago. I ordered a display port monitor and got an HDMI monitor. Called them up, told them what happened, and they refused to send me another one until they got the wrong one back on my dime. I sent it back, a week after they got it back they finally sent the replacement ... with the SAME wrong configuration (and it was a different monitor). Both times the information on the box matched what I had ordered. I went round and round trying to get them to fix it. The retailer said it was an Acer issue, and Acer kept saying it was a retailer issue. My credit card chargeback was denied because I was sent a working monitor and they saw no problem with the sale. Soooo.. good luck.

I had the same issues with Acer refurbs a year ago. I ordered a display port monitor and got an HDMI monitor. Called them up, told them what happened, and they refused to send me another one until they got the wrong one back on my dime. I sent it back, a week after they got it back they finally sent the replacement ... with the SAME wrong configuration (and it was a different monitor). Both times the information on the box matched what I had ordered. I went round and round trying to get them to fix it. The retailer said it was an Acer issue, and Acer kept saying it was a retailer issue. My credit card chargeback was denied because I was sent a working monitor and they saw no problem with the sale. Soooo.. good luck.

Have you filled a complaint with the BBB before trying the charge back ? Keep in mind that initiating a chargeback thru your CC will raise multiple flags.
I suppose you did try to contact them and then file a complaint on their webpage afterward before going that route ? Usually helpdesk are useless but filling a complaint on their website / BBB will open dialogs..

Didn't bother with the BBB. I ended up just giving the monitor to my son since I couldn't use it and didn't feel like fighting it out over $100.

Haven't seen return label as of yet in my email, I'm going to call again today. Sounds like after this return I will not be purchasing another Acer, which is all good, I'll wait 4-6 months until prices drop or new tech comes out from other folks and other offerings.

Back