OK, so I have a crappy loser of a 1700X. (Running on a Asus Prime X370-Pro motherboard, if that matters.) For starters, I can't get the memory above the setting for 2933, with an actual running speed of 2888. (Motherboard runs slow as well, main clock fluctuates between 98.1 and 98.8.) This is using Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 memory, which I was told initially was good for 3200 on Ryzen. I have tried a friend's Gskill that runs 3200 on his machine, as well as another friend's LPX set that runs 3200 on his machine just fine. So, I know it is not the memory. Also, set to default clocks, it never turbos up past 3.6Ghz, even if it is just running one thread. I have it overclocked to the best I can get, which is 3.7GHz at 1.375V set in the bios, actually running about 1.40 to 1.408V, according to monitoring tools. With this speed, my cooler (Corsair H110i GT) keeps the chip at a nice, cool 57C at full bore on all 8 cores, so cooling is definitely not the issue. In essence, I severely lost the silicon lottery in buying this chip. It is crap. I hope I can get $200 for it once I figure out what to get for a replacement. So, I have three options, as I can see: 1. Wait for the new chip release and get a new X470 board and 2700X, costing around $750. Not my preferred, as it has a heavy cost, but a possibility. Is it worth the money? Current leaked benchmarks say 'maybe'. With selling the current board and 1700X for about $300, that leaves expenditure at $450, and I get some advancement, and likely not having to get a new CPU for another 2 years, and maybe longer. The bigger downside is waiting another month for it. I'm not the most patient person. 2. Get a 1600X from Microcenter for $180. It has fewer cores, but higher base clock speeds, which would be better for the games I play, WoW, Diablo 3, SC2, and STO. (Yes, perhaps I am a Blizzard fan.) I'm not sure of the 1600X track record for running memory at 3200, so I'm not sure on this one. One friend recommended this option to me, but I'm not sure. However, there is the advantage of, if I can sell the old chip for $200, I wind up about $80 behind. (I paid $280 for the 1700X.) 3. Get a 1800X from Microcenter, which is down to $280 as of today. My other friend recommended this option. $280 is pretty steep for just getting a new chip of the same generation, and likely only about a 5-10% increase in speed in my games. With selling the 1700X for $200, if possible, it leaves me behind by $160. 4. Go back to my old Core i7 5930k. It's fast, but behind the times, and now with the Spectre and Meltdown bug mitigation, slightly slower than the current 1700X in most of my games, even running at 4.6GHz, but slightly faster in STO. My X99 motherboard doesn't have on-board USB 3.1, the audio sucks, and I have to use a card adapter for my 960 Pro SSD, so with this board, I am using every single slot. I am currently using it for my Hyper-V server, so I'd have to put my 1700X into that duty. No expenditure, but also a step backwards. What do you guys think? What would you do in my place?