Have any of you OC'ed your iPhone 4's

mobusta1

2[H]4U
I was reading this thread over at modmyi and this guy was able to OC his iphone 4 (works on 3g and 3gs aswell) by SSHing into his iPhone changing a couple of values (all the info you need is in the other thread). I was wondering if anyone here has done this method (or any other method) and been successful.

I haven't, I prefer the battery life over the unneccessary wear and tear

Lol, I didnt even know that was possible.

I wonder if you could down-clock it as well and save battery life. May not be worth the decrease in performance though.

Lol, I didnt even know that was possible.

I wonder if you could down-clock it as well and save battery life. May not be worth the decrease in performance though.

Yep, according to that thread you can. But a lot of people in that thread are now claiming OCing it isn't possible. Oh well, it's not like I really wanted to do it, I just wanted to see if it was possible.

The gay thing is we still don't know *for sure* what the clock speed is of our iPhone 4's CPU. :mad:

Last edited:
Now we just need Folding @ Home for the iphone. Would make a good pocket warmer :)

Yep, according to that thread you can. But a lot of people in that thread are now claiming OCing it isn't possible. Oh well, it's not like I really wanted to do it, I just wanted to see if it was possible.

The gay thing is we still don't know *for sure* what the clock speed is of our iPhone 4's CPU. :mad:

With the latest iPhone software, clock speed queries now report a speed of 800mhz (previously, it reported as 0). That falls in line with expectations based on how the phone runs.

If you want your phone to perform faster, jailbreak and then install FakeClockUp, which will double the speed of the animations. Since 90% of the phone is animations, the phone goes 2x as fast. You'll never go back. Repo is http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

If you want your phone to perform faster, jailbreak and then install FakeClockUp, which will double the speed of the animations. Since 90% of the phone is animations, the phone goes 2x as fast. You'll never go back. Repo is http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

Holy. That little tweak is night and day faster!

Edit: You can set it to 10X faster!

Holy. That little tweak is night and day faster!

Edit: You can set it to 10X faster!

Yep you can, although that effectively eliminates all animations. I find that it's smooth and snappy at 1.6x, higher then that makes the phone feel too jittery. But this is the absolute best tweak of all time for sure. Since the iPhone already has best in class scrolling and responsiveness, adding this makes the phone the fastest in everything. Mhz be damned. Plus it still has best in class battery life.

Yep you can, although that effectively eliminates all animations. I find that it's smooth and snappy at 1.6x, higher then that makes the phone feel too jittery. But this is the absolute best tweak of all time for sure. Since the iPhone already has best in class scrolling and responsiveness, adding this makes the phone the fastest in everything. Mhz be damned. Plus it still has best in class battery life.

I actually have mine set on 1.6 also!

No BS

Faster seems a little fake.

got mine at 2.0, although 1.6 is nice too, 1.8 would be perfect :p

With the latest iPhone software, clock speed queries now report a speed of 800mhz (previously, it reported as 0). That falls in line with expectations based on how the phone runs.

Thanks kre, this tweak is really cool!!

Btw I got a quick question for you (or any iPhone guru out there) two days ago I jailbreak via green pois0n and installed a couple of tweaks/apps/themes/ via cydia. Since then I have seen a noticable lag when opening apps such as settings or sms etc (even with fakeclockup). It's a good 2-2.5 second lag. Any idea based on this how to fix it?

EDIT: I'll contribute too "fast copy" no more of that annoying lag when you're trying to get something highlighted to copy something

Last edited:
Thanks kre, this tweak is really cool!!

Btw I got a quick question for you (or any iPhone guru out there) two days ago I jailbreak via green pois0n and installed a couple of tweaks/apps/themes/ via cydia. Since then I have seen a noticable lag when opening apps such as settings or sms etc (even with fakeclockup). It's a good 2-2.5 second lag. Any idea based on this how to fix it?

EDIT: I'll contribute too "fast copy" no more of that annoying lag when you're trying to get something highlighted to copy something

I mean, when you launch an app it takes time to load unless its already in memory. Settings will slow down as many tweaks add menus to the settings app. But if Settings or SMS are cleared out of memory, then yeah they will take a few seconds to load. The next time you open it, it'll be instant.

make sure using SBsettings, that you're not running out of memory.

Quoted one more time cause it's a hell of a tweak... I really didn't think it would make a difference, but it's completely noticeable.

There should be a new entry in your settings app for FakeClockUp, just go into it and its right there.

There should be a new entry in your settings app for FakeClockUp, just go into it and its right there.

I see. I havent jailbreak mine, so this might be a good time to do it now and use my 3G unrestrictor

Whenever I show people my phone running this tweak, they are falling over themselves to get me to jailbreak their phones. I just jailbroke my parents phones who previously had 0 interest in it whatsoever. They could'nt get it done fast enough when they saw it. The tweak is that good.

I couldnt see being able to OC it very much to begin with, or at least not enough to make it worth the trouble of doing so.

I also though the iPhone 4 CPU was at 1ghz but from looking around it seems that its not even officially disclosed. Weird.

True Slayer!

I had to do some pretty good digging just to find the proc speeds of the phone. That was last May when I did finally come across the proc specs.

Haven't looked since then, but I do remember shooting through hoops just to find it.

Back