Have a huge backlog? Problem solved.

That makes me nervous as all hell to try using. No way am I giving them my login info.

Went ahead and tried it and it took me to an unfinished page that didn't work, merely had a little spinning roulette icon.

Looks like fantastic way to get your login info stolen.

Good luck with that.

Two apparent issues;

If a list of games can be obtained without logging into Steam, which it can as that is how the "how much money did I spend on Steam games sites" work, then why does this site need the Steam login? Answer; to take your account for a little spin.

Let's assume that the site isn't malicious (which it is); why THE FUCK would I need a machine to make a random choice for me?!

You all realize that by logging in via steam, your login credentials are not shared with the site, correct?

Taken directly from Steam, NOT this website:

By signing into www.steamroulette.net through Steam:

the site will be able to identify you within the Steam Community and retrieve public info such as your stats and achievements.
a unique numeric identifier will be shared with the site, rather than your Steam login credentials.
basic information about your Steam account will be shared with a third-party web site. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Yeah, I saw the disclaimer later. The site still didn't work for me. I just get what looks like a blank template that doesn't pull any of my games.

I got a better idea...just e-mail me your account name and password and I'll make a random recommendation for you based on my years of gaming knowledge :D

LOL. Paranoid much? There are a shit ton a sites have "login via steam." ESEA, Steamrep, CSGOLounge, etc... Nothing more than a data sync of your profile. Doesn't take your password or anything crazy like that.

Or you could create your own randomizer in Excel/Open Office in 2 minutes and not risk getting your account stolen.

Back