Hauppauge WinTV 1800 Model 1128-Some Help PLZ

VA Supremacy

Limp Gawd
Hauppauge WinTV 1800 model 1128 in MC Vista Home Pre SP2

Setup: Comcast Cable-wall(coax)->Emerson VHS VCR(coax or a/v)-> card (any input)

Some channels work and some don't even when I rescan.
For Coax i can't get all channels in Media Center.
Analog-only to double digits and not everything
ATSC- gets the high-def like i should but not everything

As far as Audio/Video nothing works that way so how can I fix it? I want to record mainly through Audio/Video either S straight or Composite with the adapter.

It only seems to work fine only with the Comcast HD-DVR but i couldn't set up the damn remote but I'm not going to use that anyway mainly the VCR with cable and other sources hooked up.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

1.) You need your box to get the HD channels you've subscribed too.
2.) This tuner will not replace your box (STB).
3.) ATSC (also called OTA) will only get you the freely aired HD channels by the networks (ABC, CBS, Fox, etc).
4.) You bought the wrong tuner card, get the HD-PVR instead and connect it using component.

Damn
anything i can do with it? I hate to return it to newegg and get another one

i want to go through the VCR though as the HD-DVR is hooked up in another room and I'm doing this locally only 1 room so how about just Analog sources then? would it still work?
Or should i just get a capture card for analog recording like old movies home or just not available anymore on Laserdisc or VHS, randomly recording game play from NES up to PS2, etc?

i got this since it had the remote and i thought it would work well since its Happuage.

thanks

Last edited:
Back