Hauppauge blue screen

Warrior

[H]F Junkie
Okay, so I haven't asked help on the forums forever. But, this new build i made for someone, I just don't get it! I'm running out of options.

I built a Media Center system with these specs:
i7 920
ASUS P6T SE LGA
Patriot 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3
ASUS 9800GT
Wireless-N PCI card
WinTV-HVR-1800 (also WinTV-HVR-2250 both PCI-E 1x)
Vista 64bit

And so the Issue is: Every time I search for channels on WinTV (or even SageTV) I get an immediate bluescreen with "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL".

Troubleshooting steps I have done:
Uninstalled the drivers, got new ones from Hauppauge, went through their whole tech support, they said replace the card.
Got the replacement, a different card, a WinTV-HVR-2250. Made sure I got the current drivers from their site. Same issue.
I went so far as to try another program, SageTV, Same issue. Right when it starts searching for channels, BSOD.

Notes:
If I recall the original TV tuner worked in Windows Media Center okay. But we were unable to get HD channels so we started messing with the WinTV, and thats when this issue started coming up.
I started a memtest on the computer but didn't really get the results from my customer, he just said it finished, so he restarted. But I want to run another Memtest, because I think with 6 sticks of ram there is a possibility that it could be causing the BSODs.
I will also be trying the TV Tuner card in my computer, that will be my next step.

There is only this 1 PCI-E 1x slot available for this board, all other slots are either covered or used. I know, I picked a horrible motherboard for the customer, but we wanted to go cheap for an expensive build.

If anyone has had this issue, or knows of some compatibility issues with this motherboard, please your help would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Update: Of course the HVR-2250 works on my main rig. TV Tunerr is fine, the blue screens are either from Memory or the motherboard is bad.

currently getting a new board in the mail right now to test another board a MSI X58 Platinum SLI. And now ill have plenty of room to test out cards and install more cards. this mobo would have been a better choice. Its ordered and coming in the mail. Hope it works. I think it will....

Back