Hauppage Remote Stops working

xTABx7

Gawd
My Silver hauppage remote stops responding after a while, somtimes 15 mins somtimes 1 hour. When I restart IR it gives me an error starting hardware. Then i have to reboot and it works fine for a little while until the problem happens againl. Has anyone else had this problem? or know a solution? any help would be greatly appreciated!

I hated that remote. I stopped using it in about 2 days. not much help to you, but I hate to see someone not get a reply and get frustrated. most people upgrade from the hauppauge remote pretty quick.

any good suggestions on a new remote? i have my system setup where sage runs in my taskbar and sits fullscreen on my tv via svideo and dualview. Is there a frontend that could run in the system tray rather than my taskbar? obviously when in focus it would have a window in the taskbar but when its idle and recording it would be nice not to have it in the taskbar. and would be equivilent to sage in its pvr performance? Thanks alot for your response.

IMHO, nothing equals sage in PVR ability. I really like it. as for remotes, saeg supprots the Firefly and the MCE remote, both are really good. If you want to get your hands dirty, get a USBUIRT, girder, and any univeral remote you can find.

xTABx7 said:
Is there a frontend that could run in the system tray rather than my taskbar?
Aren’t you using SageTV as a “service ”?

If you are, when you put sage to “sleep,” it should reside in the system tray. :cool:

Back