Hated it - Show your Mice you thought was cool then soon after Hated it!

Tricky2ufellow

Limp Gawd
I can't be the only person out there that is picky about what Mouse I use. There so may Brands that have come and gone. Some were Gimicky, some were Bricks I've been suckered more than once on purchase where after just a short while using HATED IT!

This one is the Razor Boomslang CIRCA 1999, this mouse was at the time 2000 Dpi was Revolutionary and cost a whopping $99. This one shown in the picture is #249. I was vary excited to get it, but then I quickly found it to be unusable due to I have small hands and my finger couldn't reach the scroll wheel comfortably. So, It's been in this tin since Dec 1999 HATED IT!
Hated-it-BS.jpg

These mice are my attempt to try Trigger Mice. Zalman FPSGun I found it was too arkward to control and hurt my wrist. 2nd one is the Gecko Monster Pistol Mouse, I picked this up at Fry's on sale for $10. It was better but the damn trigger pulling caused my finger to go numb after 20 mins. HATED IT! x 2
Hated-it-1.jpg

More recently I'd been following the RAT 7, looks super customizable and bought it. Everything was great but it started doing wierd things in my games. In Serious Sam HD it would float up or down on it's own. I was in a constant tug and pull match to keep it level. So it's back in it's box! - HATED IT!
Hated-it-RAT-7.jpg

Last edited:
Can I just list pretty much anything wireless? They always have horrid input lag and junk. Making them unusable doing games or digital painting.

The Coolermaster Storm Sentinel Advance would be mine. The shape and features are great, but the Twin-Eye sensor just makes it a pain to deal with sometimes. It's a shame, because otherwise it's a really good product.

Haters gonna hate.

I personally did not like the logitech g5 ver 2 coming from a deathadder.

It's been so long I don't remember the model but the first MS mice that they came out with side scrolling capability circa 2005. The scroll bar would eventually get dead skin and other junk embedded into it and the rubber around the wheel would become slippery with time meaning that the wheel would either stick or not register a scroll in either direction. It was way too easy to accidentally scroll left or right when you meant up and down when it was new too.

dscn2871.jpg

This is an old photo I took for another thread...

The MS 3.0 (second left, and current mouse), Diamondback 3G(middle), and Deathadder (second right). Are all fine, I'm not particularly fond of the Diamondback, but it works.

As for the Ozone Radon 3k (left), I really disliked that mouse for a few reasons. I was really looking forward to buying that mouse and when it first came out I jumped on it, but I was really disappointed once I got my hands on the mouse. The shape was just flat out terrible and wouldn't fit my hand at all, or my friends huge hands even, it was just so awkward especially the way they 'tried' to separate your ring finger from your pinky on the right side of the mouse. Not only that, but the mouse also had some weird scrapping problems with any mouse pad I used whenever I tried pulling it backwards. There were a few other minor dislikes, but those two main problems just made me really dislike the mouse.

The Nova Slider x600 (right), I really wasn't to happy with it. Again kind of an awkward shape and the mouse was too small for my regular sized hands. Another thing was that the sensor of the mouse just liked to randomly jump across the screen, I'm sure this was a defective model, but the real problem was trying to get a replacement after I contacted Nova, they told me I would get a new mouse, and after about 7 or 8 emails (the first email they responded told me I would get a new mouse) I still haven't seen anything and I'm just so fed up with that company to even bother anymore...

Haters gonna hate.

I personally did not like the logitech g5 ver 2 coming from a deathadder.

And I agree, I really felt that the Mx518 was a down step once I had my hands on a Deathadder and will never go back to Logitech mice

I bought the Razer Boomslang back in 1999/2000 and loved it. I have big hands, so it worked really well. Plus I liked the long cord, the extra buttons and the way it felt. I didn't switch to an optical mouse until the Logitech MX500 came out.

I still remember opening it up to get all of the crap out from the ball. :eek:

I hated the Imperator and the Xai. Philips Twin-Eye sucks to begin with and the ADNS-9500 has acceleration. Xai was too big for me anyway.

Bought an MX revolution and a keyboard with a USB2.0 hub about... 3 years ago? The receiver is 2-4" away from the mouse in most situations, and honestly, it's a fantastic mouse.

Never had a chance to use a bad mouse :D

This:

01.png

And this:

Original_IBM_PS2.jpg

Are easily the two worst mice I've ever used.

Loved my Logitech MX300 until it finally bit the dust.

I have had one bad permanent mouse. I have used bad temporary cheap mice, but most of my permanent mice have been great.

Logitech mx510 - great

Logitech g500 (rusty colored version) - terrible. Awful laser sensor suffering from horrendous negative acceleration and skipping issues. 2 firmware updates and about 45 minutes of tweaking set point made it "better" but still average at best. The sensor could not keep up with my fast sweeping movements i made to play unreal tournament 2004.

Razer copperhead - fantastic mouse

Logitech mx518 - amazing mouse, been using it for about 2years now and have 2 more in my closet as replacements.

I've tried a few and hated them all so far :) Still using a G5, but have the Kone+ on order.

Logitech G7 - poor battery life, heavy, poor surface for sweaty hands
Logitech G500 - difficult tilt wheel, impossible side buttons
OCZ Behemoth - piss poor tracking, feels too chunky
Gigabyte M6800 - line prediction, too light
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3 - poor side buttons, impossible to use wheel, uncomfortable
Steelseries XAI - Left button too low (ambidextrous design), large hump+slope = uncomfortable
Roccat Kova - Too low, too light (85g), uncomfortable pinky placement
Roccat Kone (original) - Loud buttons, scroll wheel too shallow, tilt buttons hard to activate, poor wheel tactile response.
Logitech MX518 - Loud buttons, scroll wheel too shallow.
Gigabyte GM-M8000x - Wheel too shallow. Scrolling down requires double the force of scrolling up. Straight lined body is uncomfortable. Ring finger must rest on one of these edges, causing numbness! Front of mouse too shallow, forcing fingers to arc down. Pressing tilt left will activate middle mouse click 1 in 5 tries. Pressing left thumb button will create an involuntary click of the left mouse button due to position.

Using a G5 and really like it, just wish it had another sods button. Really like how you can adjust the weight and balance plus it is solidly built wi a hint of rubbery grip.

I think it was a MX700 that I didn't like at all, I'm not the most perceptive out here but the lag on that was enough to put me off wireless completely.

Rather liked the Microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 but it was a light and the button feel was really light. Felt cheap but did everything I wanted well enough.

Going further back I had a logitech trackman marble FX. I liked it well enough and it was really a different in a nice way experience. Unfortunately it gave me persistent hand pain that didn't go away for a pretty long time after I switched back to a real mouse.

let's not forget this guy:

I personally never liked the boomslang simply because the ball was directly under your palm. I always like the sensor part of the mouse to be under my finger tips.

edit: sorry, i guess this doesn't really fit this thread, since that mouse was NEVER cool. You could take one look at it and realize it was the worst mouse on earth.

I bought the Performance MX as my first wireless mouse after holding out on the wireless "revolution."

Ugh. I mean it's not bad for web surfing, and it is nice not having the cord, but it is no where near as precise as my MX 518—it's just really annoying at times.

This one is the Razor Boomslang CIRCA 1999, this mouse was at the time 2000 Dpi was Revolutionary and cost a whopping $99. This one shown in the picture is #249. I was vary excited to get it, but then I quickly found it to be unusable due to I have small hands and my finger couldn't reach the scroll wheel comfortably. So, It's been in this tin since Dec 1999 HATED IT!
Hated-it-BS.jpg

that mouse got such good reviews though :p

Tricky - You nailed it with the Boomslang. I also got one of the initial shipments and my lord that thing was a piece of crap. I returned it after only two days, just a horrible mouse.

Fortunately I've liked pretty much every mouse that I've bought since, but then again they all get a test drive before I pull the trigger. :) Absolutely loving the SteelSeries Xai right now.

+1 creative fatality mouse POS (yea cheap after rebate for good reason)
+1 cyborg rat7
i have a 5yr old bluetooth 20$ mouse that tracks better than the rat7. And it feels better cuz then i don't have to slam the rat7 on the mouse pad out of fustration and checking to see if it's working.

MX518 and I have a love hate relationship right now. I love almost everything about it, but I hate the fact that 2 of them have died on me and the third is having weird right-click issues in game. Running and gunning is great except when you try to quick zoom-in and you have to mash the right click button 5 times to zoom back out. logitech was willing to RMA, but I don't have another mouse to use while I ship it back to them. The first time one died they shipped out a replacement without asking for my old one. Its enough to make me want to ditch them, but none of the big-name alternatives really wow me

MX518 and I have a love hate relationship right now. I love almost everything about it, but I hate the fact that 2 of them have died on me and the third is having weird right-click issues in game. Running and gunning is great except when you try to quick zoom-in and you have to mash the right click button 5 times to zoom back out. logitech was willing to RMA, but I don't have another mouse to use while I ship it back to them. The first time one died they shipped out a replacement without asking for my old one. Its enough to make me want to ditch them, but none of the big-name alternatives really wow me

At least their support is good, that can't be said for all companies, Logitech has bent over backwards for me, as has Razer. (as far as mouse companies go)

I hate the Razer Mamba with a passion.

Really? my friend has one and loves it and I tried it for a night at a LAN while he used my Special Edition DeathAdder and we agreed it's just a tad heavier, similar shape (basically the same) and with more buttons, while being wireless when you want it and wired when you don't, I really want one but 130 is a tad hard to swallow, I did however jump on an Orochi recently, the smaller/bluetooth version of the Mamba and love it.

My hands aren't small but they're not huge either so I can use just about any mouse comfortably and I needed a good BT mouse for my MBP as it's my LAN machine and my existing Razer Pro|Click Mobile BT mouse didn't have side buttons which I got sick of finally when I saw the Orochi $10 off at Fry's.

I'm curious why you dislike the Mamba though, so if you read any of this, hopefully it's this last sentence and you reply with some thoughts! kthx!

I had a Razer Diamondback for the longest time until it started breaking down [still keep it with my netbook]. I got a G5 when this happened, and I can't see myself using the Razer again. The low profile-ness was kind of cool, but didn't really help and wasn't ergonomic at all. I'll be using my G5 for a while I think.

Razer Lachesis for me.

I did not like the one I had at all. It tracked fine and I liked the positive click of the main mouse buttons (although stiffer than my Logitech mice), and the scroll wheel felt pretty nice. But man...those side buttons were just in a terrible position for my style of grip and they were almost flush with the mouse, unlike the more pronounced side buttons that most mice have. They were difficult to use easily and the two on the right hand side were just awful and nearly impossible to use without gripping the mouse in such a manner that made my hand ache. Not a fan.

My Razer Lachesis is driving me NUTS! For the past few months about every god damned day at least once I have to wet a q-tip and clean off the laser. I only do that when it starts jumping/skipping/stuttering all over the place.

Logitech L7. Went thru 3 of them before I got one that works. I now use at work as a secondary.

which was the first mouse to have left/right tilt on the scroll wheel, a logitech or MS one? that one sucked too!

Razer Mamba.

I'm still using it of course, but it's got a ton of problems. All of these problems showed up within 3 months of my purchase:

1) Feet making a grinding noise...perhaps a protrusion from the bottom of the mouse grinding into my mousepad.
2) Forward thumb button spring is loose/broken.
3) Loses connection constantly. I need to unplug/replug to get it to work. Once, this did not work and the only way to get it to work again was to connect another mouse and boot up the mouse control panel...it then started working out of the blue.
4) Scroll wheel squeaks.

I love the form of the mouse, and performance is great, but the build quality and firmware/driver issues have convinced me to never buy a Razer product again.

OP, you said the the RAT was working fine at first then started acting weird. So is it defective and if so how about the warranty?

Logitech mx518 - amazing mouse, been using it for about 2years now and have 2 more in my closet as replacements.

haha i am in the same boat, I have been using an MX518 for the past 5 years and I literally just got two more a month ago as backups cause i haven't found a suitable replacement.

I used my MX518 for 5 years, then bought the Mamba. As I realize this mouse is going to break sooner rather than later, I ordered another MX518. So I have 2 in the closet now as well. :)

Logitech G5 (version 1). The removal of one of the thumb button and the crappy quality scroll wheel were deal breakers for me. I ended up going back to my MX518.

I let Logitech replace my broken MX Revolution with a Performance Mouse MX. Huge mistake. The on-the-fly scroll-wheel mode-switching was the best part of the mouse.

Back