Hate my TX750, Recommend me a quiet, modular PSU

PCP&C used to be made in the USA. OCZ bought them out. I'm not sure where they are made now. I have one here right now I bought as a refurb model from a store, but I will probably return it. Since 80mm fan gets a bit noisy when hotter.

I am pretty sure that PCP&Cooling actually do not make power supply's from scratch, but order them out with specific specs for Thier units from OEM's. I think Seasonic made thier Silencer units and Win-Tact made or make thier Turbo Cool units.

I was also under the assumption that PCP&C are still thier own entity and that OCZ picked up the Marketing end, tho I could be dead wrong on that. In any event, the psu in my sig only gets loud when under load for awhile and then tones down after cooling off. Yes, I wish it was quieter....

Larry

I can't hear any noise from my TX750 except under very heavy load which produces a very faint coil whine.

I am pretty sure that PCP&Cooling actually do not make power supply's from scratch, but order them out with specific specs for Thier units from OEM's. I think Seasonic made thier Silencer units and Win-Tact made or make thier Turbo Cool units.

I was also under the assumption that PCP&C are still thier own entity and that OCZ picked up the Marketing end, tho I could be dead wrong on that. In any event, the psu in my sig only gets loud when under load for awhile and then tones down after cooling off. Yes, I wish it was quieter....

Larry
PCP&C was completely bought out by OCZ back in '07. They are now a subsidiary of the OCZ Technology Group.

PCP&C used to be made in the USA. OCZ bought them out. I'm not sure where they are made now. I have one here right now I bought as a refurb model from a store, but I will probably return it. Since 80mm fan gets a bit noisy when hotter.
PCP&C PSUs were never, ever, made in the US. They are all rebranded units manufactured by OEMs that build their PSUs in China.

Back