Hate ASUS Fail to verify EEPROM with new BIOS image

shmitty

Gawd
Every time that I try to Update my BIOS from Asus Update Utility I get that Error. I called ASUS and got hung up on twice and the third time the guy asked me to call back and see if the person who answered knew what was up. Total Crap! Specs are in my sig. I tried to google this error and the guys who had it just did a work around. I also tried to uninstall the Asus Update and Reinstall it and that didn't work either.

just boot off a floppy and reflash your bios with the same version or a different version.

I've got the same "fail to verify EEPROM" message om my ASUS P5B-VM. Does this have any consequenses? I would like to verify the EEPROM before i shut down. Is there any experiences with shutdown/restart after this situation?

I got this once after a flash and then it went away. Pretty sure its common to have a bum eeprom (all your bios settings) when changing the bios.

Try clearing the CMOS

Alot of people have trouble with the windows version of ASUS Bois updates.

The tried and true boot and flash seems to be the best, although I have had very good results with the EZ Flash; older boards use a floppy newer boards use usb flash drives.

I just unistalled the Drivers and reinstalled them and that seemed to take care of my problem. It worked fine after that.

This is what seems that finally worked for me :

1º) I ignored ASUS Update utility for installing the BIOS update . I got that verification error and I didn't try to use the utility again .

2º) I used ASUS Update utility only for getting the file of the new BIOS version . This file had a .ami extension .

3º) When I got the BIOS file , I renamed it exactly to P5GDCP.ROM ( I confirm : P5GDCP.ROM ) .

4º) I burned the BIOS file on a CD . Simple saving . Joliet mode . No boot CD .

5º) ASUS Update utility had already spoiled my previous BIOS . I inserted the CD in the CD writter , and I turned off the PC . Then I turned on , and the system automatically flashed de new BIOS to the EEPROM .

6º) I entered the setup utility , and everything seemed to be fine . I started the operating system , and everything was OK . I've had no problem since then , regarding the BIOS .

This is way easier:
download BIOS version
transfer to flash/thumbdrive
go to EZ-Flash in the bios, insert flash drive,follow instructions.

Make sure computer is stock and BIOS is at defaults before you flash.

Back