Haswell overclocked to 7.01ghz

aphexcoil

Limp Gawd
I posted this in the other thread.

wIjUuui.png

Just about every leak for Haswell is showing it clocking like a beast.

Those overclocks, even if they are real, mean nothing.

2.2-2.5 volts yikes

Probably burns out the pathways in the chips years before their time.

Without knowing how they are cooling those chips and if they are 24/7 stable, it's all meaningless.

8Ghz? Great..... assuming they manage to keep it going full time and not just long enough to snap one single screenshot and post it online.

Most of us aren't cooling with LN2, so unless those are air or water cooled clocks, stable 24/7, I see nothing to be that excited about personally.

I still plan to build a new machine once Haswell hits the shelves. My trusty 920 has done well and can still play pretty much any game I want, but the extra oomph from Haswell for video encoding I expect will be worth it for me.

Without knowing how they are cooling those chips and if they are 24/7 stable, it's all meaningless.

8Ghz? Great..... assuming they manage to keep it going full time and not just long enough to snap one single screenshot and post it online.

Most of us aren't cooling with LN2, so unless those are air or water cooled clocks, stable 24/7, I see nothing to be that excited about personally.

I still plan to build a new machine once Haswell hits the shelves. My trusty 870 has done well and can still play pretty much any game I want, but the extra oomph from Haswell for video encoding I expect will be worth it for me.

This.

Even a Pentium 4 can be overclocked to 7.1Ghz. Doesn't mean I'm gonna run out and buy Pentium 4s to achieve 7.1Ghz clocks..

I can see AndreYang pulling 8.5 + when these babies when hit the shelves. I'm glad I sold off my 1366 platform recently and will make the jump to Haswell once they release octocore cpu's (if Intel has one planned). Socket 1150 aye?

Lol i stated this very times, i said many times in the other thread.. And some mad ppl call me insane, crazy troll... I will say again... 6.0-6.8ghz will be normal OC on haswell family in the normal high-end coolers closed loops water cooler solutions for 24/7, without full water solutions or nitrogen... Those enthusiast will like to go and past over 8ghz... For screens, benchmark and things like that... All in the line of 5ghz-5.5ghz will just be the minium OC without any difficult on keep the system stable...

I still plan to build a new machine once Haswell hits the shelves. My trusty 920 has done well and can still play pretty much any game I want, but the extra oomph from Haswell for video encoding I expect will be worth it for me.

There was a time when a post like this would have gotten you laughed off of the forum.

Lol i stated this very times, i said many times in the other thread.. And some mad ppl call me insane, crazy troll... I will say again... 6.0-6.8ghz will be normal OC on haswell family in the normal high-end coolers closed loops water cooler solutions for 24/7, without full water solutions or nitrogen... Those enthusiast will like to go and past over 8ghz... For screens, benchmark and things like that... All in the line of 5ghz-5.5ghz will just be the minium OC without any difficult on keep the system stable...

And what are you basing this on? Remember when ivy bridge was about to be released and there were 7+ GHz CPU screen grabs posted setting the forums abuzz? In reality, the final product did not come anywhere close to these overclocking expectations. Plus, it surely isn't in Intel's best interest to sell a chip that so easily over clocks to twice its original clock speed. Call me pessimistic.

There was a time when a post like this would have gotten you laughed off of the forum.

There was also a time when the [H] slogan at the top of the page (currently: Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay [H]ard) said more edgy stuff like "Too [H]ard for your little sister" and news posts about free RAM and gay bathhouses.

Perhaps we've all mellowed out a bit?

Ain't that the XFX or BFG slogan? Work hard, play hard stay hard?

On a side note I don't think we'll be seeing avg 6-6.8GHZ oc's even using w/c looped systems.

Last edited:

I would say that 6 GHz is extremely unlikely. This would have required a breakthrough in silicon that Intel did not disclose.

I wish Intel would put out an -E processor that can be overclocked anywhere near these leaks. It's not like they've been increasing the core counts.

I'll take 5Ghz....just gotta make sure the rest of the system can keep up, starting with an SSD for the OS drive.

It makes me wonder if someone can truly tell the difference between 4 and 5Ghz these days.

I'll take 5Ghz....just gotta make sure the rest of the system can keep up, starting with an SSD for the OS drive.

It makes me wonder if someone can truly tell the difference between 4 and 5Ghz these days.

just over bench.. and in some case to avoid or help a bottleneck issue with SLI/Xfire Setups on huge resolutions..

Many will also have to change even the PSU, for me its going to be a whole new build. I think I'm gonna only keep the case and the cooler lol

Back