Has your Newegg 5850 shipped ?

jg3

Weaksauce
They must have sold a bunch. So , has anybody been sent a tracking number from newegg yet ?

Its only 9AM over at Newegg headquarters, they have probably just started packing up and shipping items. Dont worry, im sure they will ship before noon.

Mine just updated with shipped, no tracking number yet. I selected "overnight", so ill probably be getting the card tomorrow.

Mine shipped as well. No tracking number......I selected UPS three day. Depending on things, I may get it on Saturday or Monday. Hoping for Saturday :).

sweet, just came back from lunch and my status changed to shipped. Weeeeee

Upgrading from a 4850, should be a nice upgrade. Now im just on edge til it gets here :p

Mine says Shipped... but no tracking#... Sketchy Egg Sketchy

What's with all the newegg noobs heh?
Newegg commandment #3:
Order before 12, ships today,
order after 12, ships tomorrow.

They don't email the tracking numbers immediately. Going through some of my past newegg order emails, I received it at 5ish am the next day, which means they probably send them all at once at the start of the next business day. If you ask them on live chat they'll probably give it to you early.

Last edited:
Newegg commandment #3:

They don't email the tracking numbers immediately. Going through some of my past newegg order emails, I received it at 5ish am the next day, which means they probably send them all at once at the start of the next business day. If you ask them on live chat they'll probably give it to you early.

I think what troubled most people -- myself included -- is the amount of time it took to complete processing. For me, this was the longest it has ever taken a New Egg order to go from processing to charged. I think they were most likely just overwhelmed with orders for the 5850 yesterday.

I think what troubled most people -- myself included -- is the amount of time it took to complete processing. For me, this was the longest it has ever taken a New Egg order to go from processing to charged. I think they were most likely just overwhelmed with orders for the 5850 yesterday.

Agreed, however who else even had these things in stock?

My order took 10-15 mins to get charged.. I don't see any specific processing times in any of the 5850 threads so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Also overwhelmed would've meant they had problems with the site, people putting in orders when the card was out of stock, etc. They handled it like champs.

Last edited:
Overwhelmed would've meant they had problems with the site, people putting in orders when the card was out of stock, etc. They handled it like champs.

Oh yes they handled it great. As far as I know they're the only retailer in the US that had them in stock yesterday. I only mean overwhelmed in that it took a while for them to verify all of the orders. I'm not sure why yours was so quick, but mine took 15 hours and it usually only takes minutes. I placed my order very soon after they were listed for sale.

Newegg commandment #3:

Ok, then what is the first and second commandment?

I seriously doubt the 5850 orders were more then a small blip in their volume. Anything ordered before 12pm PST will ship the same day. I'm sure the million dollar order processing system had no issues making sure your precious 5850 was charged successfully.

Have faith in the egg.

The 230 or so newegg orders that I have place all showed shipped before the tracking number was posted. Nothing different.

I just got my tracking number, ordered at 3:30PM on Wednesday with overnight service. Its at the local hub getting ready to be sent out for delivery.

Tracking works, but I'm not thrilled with the expected delivery date....

Newegg you'd think after the $1000 i just spent with you, you could check that little box for the extra what $2 that says Saturday Delivery for Ground...

lame. especially since I paid for rush processing.

Newegg you'd think after the $1000 i just spent with you, you could check that little box for the extra what $2 that says Saturday Delivery for Ground...

Then you would have to provide that as a separate option + the additional 2 dollars. I'm ok with the three day shipping, will be getting it the beginning of next week.

This card owns. Just ran through a few levels of Crysis: Warhead.

My old settings were 1680x1050, Most settings were gamer (shaders was set to mainstream) No AA. Im currently playing at the same resolution, everything set to enthuiast, and 2X AA.

This card owns. Just ran through a few levels of Crysis: Warhead.

My old settings were 1680x1050, Most settings were gamer (shaders was set to mainstream) No AA. Im currently playing at the same resolution, everything set to enthuiast, and 2X AA.

That's great dude.. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

So do you see a big jump then?

How's IQ ?

That's great dude.. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

So do you see a big jump then?

How's IQ ?

IQ?

Crysis Warhead is the only game ive played so far. I haven't played the train level yet (by far the most GPU intensive level).

Calm down, its not the end of the world. Newegg is hands down the best retailer for shipping (maybe not the quality of how they ship it, but the speed). I was told rush processing only matters if the order is submitted before 12, by a newegg rep.

Back