Has the KoToR2/ ATI bug been fixed?

CreganTur

Gawd
KoToR 2, while not a great game in any way, was still fun. I'd love to play it again: the planetary storylines were, for the most part, very well done and a lot of fun to play. Plus the new feats and skills really amp up the gameplay.

There is a known flaw with the game though: it hates ATI graphics cards, especially on Dantooine where there are a lot of wide open grasslands. This leads to framerates that are beyond crappy and slow downs to the point of not being able to play the game.

I have an ATI Radeon 9600.

Has this problem been fixed, or is there anything I can do to lessen the severity of the problem, other than throwing the graphics in the trash and playing as low as they go, which would suck.

Yes, there was a later catalyst release that fixed the issue. I played it on an X800 XT and that planet made my card cry even. Also, look on LucasArts support site, there was a fix they had posted there too. Good luck!

EDIT: I now have no issues either, post-fix.

It's been fixed for atleast a year and there were workarounds for that problem upon release. I didn't have any problem with it on my 9800 when it came out...

And I'm replaying it on my X800 now, no issues. How is it not a great game? It's a very nice game.

The ending was hacked to bits sadly for a fast release :(

The original ending suppodly had some of the playtesters in tears, so they stupified it.

Wish they hadnt, but there's hope: http://www.team-gizka.org/ most of the media from the original ending was left in the game files, and these guys are trying to restore the original ending (and a whole planet that was cut out)

jbrukardt said:
The ending was hacked to bits sadly for a fast release :(

The original ending suppodly had some of the playtesters in tears, so they stupified it.

Wish they hadnt, but there's hope: http://www.team-gizka.org/ most of the media from the original ending was left in the game files, and these guys are trying to restore the original ending (and a whole planet that was cut out)

They're trying to add an entire planet back in? Good luck to them, they'll need it.

Just get the latest update for the game. I'm pretty sure that's what fixed it for me.

Back