Has nVintiv/Chip-Con gone under?!?!

Asazman

Supreme [H]ardness
I heard this rumor, and all the Prometeia related sites are down...and all the places that used to sell their stuff no longer do (especially hardwaregods.net).

Have you guys heard anything about this?

Discuss.

HeThatKnows said:
Bankrupt. Gone.

any more info? what led to this? was it the release of the Mach2 GT?

I need to go 64-bit eventually and will want to use my Prometeia....will the conversion kits be available? where could one locate them?

There gone. Bankrupt. Thats it. Prices sky rocketed on everything they made since. Good luck getting a mounting kit. Your gona have to make your own now.

I think I got the last a64 kit from crazy PC for $60. Jumped on it a couple weeks ago when the news broke, everything is nuts now. We really need someone to step up and compete with asetek in this market. Their light speed model is basically the only choice with any support going forward other than DIY. Assuming they don't file chapter 11 in a few months as well.

101 said:
I think I got the last a64 kit from crazy PC for $60. Jumped on it a couple weeks ago when the news broke, everything is nuts now. We really need someone to step up and compete with asetek in this market. Their light speed model is basically the only choice with any support going forward other than DIY. Assuming they don't file chapter 11 in a few months as well.

Any idea of where I could get another one?

How hard would it be to make one myself? How complicated is it?

Does that mean the selling price of my Prometeia will go up?

Asazman said:
Any idea of where I could get another one?

How hard would it be to make one myself? How complicated is it?

Does that mean the selling price of my Prometeia will go up?

Bro This it the only site I could find onmy short list that has anything still around...but their A64 is out :(

Back