has my gamertag been stolen? i can't access it?

Dome

2[H]4U
i just tried to sign into my xbox account to play some video games (jetlagged) and it says i couldn't sign into my account, that it wasn't a valid account.

i try to go online to xbox.com to see what's going on. had to reset my password on my account (might have forgotten, its been a while), and then when i signed in the account name (gamertag) was changed.

its now the middle of the night right before thanksgiving and i can't get ahold of tech support. anyone have experience with this? did i infact get my account stolen or what?

FYI i was playing my xbox earlier this evening without any problems. is there a 24 hour line i can call?

go to the forums and start a thread asking for help. They are good about getting back to people

One thing you may want to do is check your email accounts that are tied to the live account and see if 1. there has been an alternate email address added to the account and 2. see if any purchases have been made using your account.

I had something happen a few weeks back where somebody got into my account, added an alternate email, bought a bunch of points. Called up MS and they more or less lock your account down for minimum of 25 days while they investigate.

There were some things I saw on various websites about some FIFA 2012 scam and something about EA's servers possibly getting hacked. So if you had the same pw on EA servers that you had for 360 you were pretty much screwed. Nothing official of course.

1-800-4MYXBOX is the only number I've used to contact Xbox support.

My Live account was also compromised earlier this month. The password was unique to it so I'm not quite sure how they got it. The only places I ever used it was on the Xbox itself, rewards.xbox.com and xbox.com.

I didn't have a credit card attached thankfully but I did have a bunch of Microsoft Points left over from buying a few games last month. I was hoarding the rest for the holiday sales but guess I'm shit out of luck. 20 days since reporting and still no refund on the points. Customer Service rep told me maximum 25 days but that's contrary to what users have said. Most people suggest it will take well over 25 days, some it looks like is over 60..

They bought a bunch of Gears of War 3 DLC with mine.

i called them, they said there had been no purchases, i cancelled the cards last night. lady checked my information, then said the email associated with the account was different from mine. she locked the account and started the investigation. 3-6 weeks until i can use my gamertag again.

lucky for me i had decided yesterday to spare myself the holiday frenzy and go ahead and pick up a ps3 for myself as an early christmas present. i have uncharted to play at least. guess i'll brave the stores tomorrow looking for ps3 games to pick up.

Well at least you picked up a PS3!

I forgot to mention my account didn't get locked, presumably because I was able to recover it on my own. Just more pissed about the fact Microsoft is having a lot of these problems but hasn't released any sort of acknowledgment.

ya i kind of wished i could have asked her to switch it back, in hindsight, especially because she had no charges on the account. still, YA BABY I GOT A PS3!

been wanting one for a while, seems i got something to be thankful for.

thing i'm pissed about most is i didnt know which of my cards i had used for my renewal, so i had to cancel 3.

Signed on today and Gamertag was OK; but found that someone used my debit card 4x today for 10,000 microsoft points. Promptly went to bank and cancelled card and disputed charges...tis the season.

I stick to prepaid cards for this reason. I know i maybe a little paranoid, but still.

Good luck getting your points back. And BTW, I believe this is how they load accounts with the points they sell on eBay

Back