Has Google made peace with Verizon?

I doubt they made peace per sey; rather I suspect verizon doesn't own the updates to the chrome book which has been an issue with the phones.
-
Anyways the price is high and the battery life is low; why would i pick this over a ux31a or macpro given that all three will run linux ?

So I noticed today that Google released a new chrome book.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=chromebook_pixel_lte

Personally, I think they are nuts for asking this much money for a computer with only a web browser and extensions but what intrigued me was the fact that it has a Verizon LTE radio and comes with complementary data for 2 years.

Good sign for things to come with phones?

Until my VZW Galaxy Nexus gets updates the same day as all other Nexus devices there shall be no peace.

Until my VZW Galaxy Nexus gets updates the same day as all other Nexus devices there shall be no peace.

Independence%20Day%20Alien.jpg

Noooooooo peace!!!!

The price Google wants on that makes the Surface Pro look REALLY good.

what intrigued me was the fact that it has a Verizon LTE radio and comes with complementary data for 2 years.

Good sign for things to come with phones?

No- ever since the first chromebook those with VZW capable 3G modems have come with a bit of free VZW data for two years- this isn't anything new and doesn't signal any sort or new cooperation/deals between the two companies. The whole Nexus fiasco happened well after the launch of the first chromebooks.

Don't think they will ever kiss and make up, the Nexus device is hardly a lee-way item like the iPhone or the Galaxy series are and I don't see VZW ever wanting it branded under them again.

Back