Has anyone modded a Thermaltake Armor?

missing theory

Weaksauce
Hello [H],

The wiring situation in my case is really hectic and it's hard to get the wiring to look somewhat decent. Has anyone cut holes on the backside of the case to help with wiring?

I'm considering trying to do this, but I'm not sure if the space is there to make it happen.

Well, I have a completely different case, so take this with a grain of salt. However, the case was designed 10+ years ago with no idea in mind of cable management behind the mobo tray. If I had to guess there is roughly 1/8" between the mobo tray and the side panel.

I'm currently modding it with holes in the mobo tray in hopes of stuffing all my cables back there. It's worked so far, but it is very snug. It took 2 people to slide the side panel on and have it latch properly. There is only a slight bulge in the side panel. I can't see anything, but I'm certain the mobo tray bulges equally as much. This I am slightly worried about because it might bend my mobo, which I don't know how it will affect the life of the equipment...

My case was made back when steel was the norm, and it's relatively heavy. It's equivalent to that of a well made case nowadays.

IMG_0510.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg

For what it's worth, here's my 2 cents.

Good luck.

--------------------

EDIT: I'm a little jealous of your Armor. It was my dream case for years. Maybe take some photos before/after?

Last edited:
I just posted pics of mine in the post rigs of your system page

I just did this one cus I had it! Im gunna be building a new rig here soon and going to turn this one into a home server and put all my media on it so I can watch and listen to it in other rooms of my house.

I would take any advose for jamsonito... Especially with what he did with the green machine and red machine.. Look thru his worklog... Those 3 nzxt fans on the bottom are sick

I would take any advose for jamsonito... Especially with what he did with the green machine and red machine.. Look thru his worklog... Those 3 nzxt fans on the bottom are sick

Thanks!

OP, have you made any decisions about to mod or not to mod? Interested in seeing someone else's solution to the cable management...

Deuce was an Armor, and cabling behind the tray is next to impossible. I had to hide most of mine behind the back of the 5.25 bay. Built a custom power busbar back there. Not pretty. That case is very difficult to cable manage properly. It can be done, but you will likely be cutting up your cabling and creating custom runs.

-=TD

Back