has anyone ever seen this BSOD?

i just looked at nvidia's compatiblity chart...my ram is in the validated section. not the compatible section...does that make a difference?

on the asus site, my ram isnt even listed

as for the ram being bad, i know its bad cause of memtest. but when i switched it out, i still got the same error....but you're basically suggesting that i might as well get a new board?

@AmongtheChosen
well im just looking at the QVL for my board

just becuase memtest say the RAM is erroring out, doesn't mean the RAM itself is bad. Remember, it has to go throught to he northbridge to get to the RAM. SO If a another set test bad, then it's almost 100% the board.

just becuase memtest say the RAM is erroring out, doesn't mean the RAM itself is bad. Remember, it has to go throught to he northbridge to get to the RAM. SO If a another set test bad, then it's almost 100% the board.

so basically i should run memtest on another computer and if i dont get errors, then its 100% the board?

so basically i should run memtest on another computer and if i dont get errors, then its 100% the board?

you've already tested two sets in this board and they both errored out. And it's possible (and it happens with 680i's) that your northbridge is killing ram. So testing in another macihne would only let you know that.

Yep.....

Stop wasting your time , and replace your motherboard.

As an ex-striker extreme owner , that had the POS eat 5 sets of ram......I spent months trying to make it work.It won't.

The 680i northbridge is your most likely culprit......It runs hot , has a bad thermal solution , and will overvolt your ram on a whim and kill it.

It really doent matter if the ram is on the QVL or not......My striker ate 4 sets straight off the QVL.............

k it is my board. i just tested in my sister's 965 board and the ram had no issues...guess its time to get a new board...guess i'll go with an intel chipset this time...lol

Back