Has anyone beaten TMNT?

discochan

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm talking about the hardest game known to man...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES

I got all the way to the technodrome, then I lost Donatello. I was all down hill from there.

Has anyone beaten this game?

I did beat it. I know I had to play it for YEARS to be able to. I'm 95% sure I did it w/o cheating. :p The missions with the turtle van were the best!

I haven't played this game in a long time and I never really liked it because it was so damn hard. But no game is too tough when you use the Game Genie! :p

I think after sneaking into that boot camp area it was over for me. I could never beat that fucking game *shakes fist*

Night Fox said:
I haven't played this game in a long time and I never really liked it because it was so damn hard. But no game is too tough when you use the Game Genie! :p

me and my friend broke down and finally used the game genie to beat Nightmare on Elm Street. It wasn't an overly hard game but I gave into the temptation of cheating when we got stuck.

Just like you can't smoke just one crack rock...you also can't just cheat at one game. It's a slippery slope.

I beat it, and without cheating. But that was so long ago. It was so difficult, though, that I'm not sure if I can replicate that feat. *sigh* Gaming was so much better in the 2D days... lol

I don't think there are any cheat codes in the game outside of a game genie. And yes, that game is damn hard. I never beat it.

I never beat that game either. It was hard as hell. I could get to the technodrome, but that was it. Not too bad for a 10-12 year old kid though. The hardest part of the whole game for me was the underwater bomb area. It was so hard for me as a kid to play that game.

It is like the 2nd castlevania game - a whole hell of a lotta fun, but never could quite beat it.

And now that I think about it, Robocop was another hard ass game I never did beat.

I beat TMNT back as a kid, the Technodrome was hard as hell since you needed a long reach like Leonardo and Donatello to hit the eye. As a matter of fact, Mike and Raphael outright stunk. TMNT was quite hard, but there were many harder games in those days. It was just the most popular.

Oh, has anyone ever beaten Ghosts N Goblins on the NES through twice in one sitting? Now that's pretty much impossible. I hate games which don't have good controls. TMNT had ok control, Ninja Gaiden had the tightest play control of any game even by today's standards. The game was very hard, but it was made so that a very skilled player could breeze through and kick butt.

Never beat it either.
Another game I could never beat was Battletoads. I kept getting right to the dark tower, but just ran out of lives to finish the game off. It's very frustrating and sad to "give up" on a game, but those 2 just had me beat.

chicane said:
Never beat it either.
Another game I could never beat was Battletoads. I kept getting right to the dark tower, but just ran out of lives to finish the game off. It's very frustrating and sad to "give up" on a game, but those 2 just had me beat.

Oh man I forgot about Battletoads. I never made it pass that stupid jet ski stage.

I remember watching my cousin who was 31337 on the NES get to Shreddar. I think Master Splinter comes in at the very end of the game. Now TMNT 2 the arcade edition for NES was THE game to play back in the day.

I'm not sure if I ever beat the original. I remember playing it for hours with my little bro and friends back in the day. I replayed the Arcade version (MAME) not too long ago and kind of cheated... I set it up so that my controller controls all 4 characters at once... Simpsons is fun to play like that as well.

I completed the Original TMNT for the NES so many times lol, I had nothing better to do at the time except Mario, Crash Test Dummies and other games I never really played on because they were way too easy.
I actually still play on my NES...its a change from PC gaming which I usually spend days just playing without rest.

Did anybody ever beat that silver surfer game for nes?

I didn't even know there was one... but I still have Wolverine, the Punisher, the Avengers, and spider-man for the NES.

man I remember spending a lot of time on that game with my friends in the neighborhood. I cannot for the life of me remember how far we got on that game though.

I don't think I ever beat the original TMNT, I don't think I even got that far (when I was young my parents wouldn't let me play for more than an hour at a time).

You know what game is nigh impossible to beat? Guardian Legend. That game kicks ass though, nothing like a sci-fi zelda clone interspersed with a vertical shooter.

O man, this brings back some good memories! But i never did beat that game, it was one of the hardest TMNT games i ever played, but i did beat the 3rd one in the series on NES......... that was still challenging, but really fun :D

Firebot said:
Ninja Gaiden had the tightest play control of any game even by today's standards....

... Until you got hit by an effing bird, which knocked you into the abyss... >_<

Disclaimer: I love Ninja Gaiden.... Although hardest game in my history was NES's Bart vs. The space mutants... 2 hits per life and to fight the boss you had to collect a predetermined number of objects... never got to the last level.

meh... tmnt was nothing

now...
sector z
that was a tough game.
The only one I never beat.

and I only beat gauntlet ONCE.

that game led me to the NES Advantage controller.

i threw one of the retail controllers and it came apart. :D

I got to the Technodrome, that was it.

Hardest game I've ever played, though, was the original Batman on the NES.

Yes NES ftw guys - games have steadily gotten easier since the good old days :(

I don't even remember how far I got in TMNT, although I do remember trying a lot. It's a bastardly tough game.

Deadly Towers is another tough one. Easy to take a lot of damage, very hard to recover health, and the game is HUGE. Plus, a lot of the enemies have very erractic movement patterns, which is awesomely frustrating.

Legacy of the Wizard is awesome, but also hard. Which is mostly because it's also very big, and I could never keep track of where I needed to go.

Hmm... must replay some of these. I'll play the new games, but I always come home to the NES :)

I think I only beat TMNT in a dream, haha. Another tough as balls game was the original Contra and of course Battletoads...ahhh, when games were a challenge.

I was stuck on the water level for the longest time, but after a while it became second nature. After that I really couldn't do shit (read I was too young to figure out exactly what to do after I got the Turtle Van)

BattleToads kicked ass but I didn't think it was that hard. The only reason I wasn't able to beat it was because my parents rented it for me, and since it was back in the day a rental = one night :mad:

Oh yaeh, SwanBeeCh, I loved Sector Z but it was wicked hard for me :p

Doward said:
I got to the Technodrome, that was it.

Hardest game I've ever played, though, was the original Batman on the NES.

Yes NES ftw guys - games have steadily gotten easier since the good old days :(

I dunno man, are they easier or are we just better? I tend to think that games are harder when you're younger.

Slarti, do yourself a favour and load up a game like Battletoads or TMNT... you may have think you've gotten better at games....... lol. Games were more challenging back then. Now we're lucky if we get more than 10 hours out of anything that isn't designed by Nintendo, Namco or Squeenix.

Yeah, back in the day when I was young lad we got our first family console, the NES, along with a copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I must've been about 9 years old. Not exactly the best game to start your gaming life with. I never finished it. I only ever got as far as literally seeing the first Pig boss guy and that was as far as I got. Pathetic.

I wonder how well I'd do at it now? Might have to go find it and give it a try...

Konami; skankiest game devs ever. TMNT was the game that made me really hate Konami from day 1.

I don't think the original Contra was all that hard... cracked me up when I beat it, and my cousin Nick (we were like 9-10 yrs old) was flipping out because I could beat that game without the 'super-secret lives code!' (his words :p)

The original Batman, and the original TMNT, I never beat.

Man, come to think of it, there were a couple hard NES games like that, that I just couldn't beat

Remember when being able to say that you actually beat a game meant something special? :(

Doward said:
I don't think the original Contra was all that hard... cracked me up when I beat it, and my cousin Nick (we were like 9-10 yrs old) was flipping out because I could beat that game without the 'super-secret lives code!' (his words :p)

The original Batman, and the original TMNT, I never beat.

Man, come to think of it, there were a couple hard NES games like that, that I just couldn't beat

Remember when being able to say that you actually beat a game meant something special? :(

Yeah seriously when you buy a game now you expect to beat it. Back then you just played until you gave up. Case in point TMNT and Battletoads. Arg just thinking about it makes me want to fire up the old NES

Doward said:

Absolutely. Take for example Max Payne on the PC. Great game and all that, but you could literally beat it in a weekend...possibly twice. However, when I used to play the older Final Fantasy games, heck, or even the first three Mario Bros. games, when you beat those games it felt like an accomplishment...that or we were just so young we just made everything we did seem bigger and more important than it actually was :p

Back