has anybody used EasyTomato?

Zangmonkey

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm thinking of deploying it on the routers for my dad. The interface looks simple and clean but I wonder about stability.

It's based on tomato, so the underlying stability is good but it's hard to guess how stable the mod will be.

http://www.easytomato.org/

i actually have an RT-N16 at home as an AP that i have some wireless stability issues with... using tomatousb...

been looking for something new to try out....

i'll try it out and let you know!

i actually have an RT-N16 at home as an AP that i have some wireless stability issues with... using tomatousb...

been looking for something new to try out....

i'll try it out and let you know!

I use tomatoUSB and haven't had any stability issues at all, interesting.

There are a few derivatives of TomatoUSB out right now, Shibby seems to be a current favorite for a lot of people but I want something particularly simple for my dad to use, which is why I'm looking into EasyTomato.

i might actually try it out as a router...

it's been so long since i've had non-pc hardware doing routing.... RT-N16 is a pretty beefy box right? should be able to do my 25/5 connection pretty easily? even with traffic shaping?

i might actually try it out as a router...

it's been so long since i've had non-pc hardware doing routing.... RT-N16 is a pretty beefy box right? should be able to do my 25/5 connection pretty easily? even with traffic shaping?

Should be, Toastman has it handling 200 clients....

I have not used "EasyTomato"...but I have used many other Tomato versions...and I like them a lot more than DD-WRT. Speed, stability, etc...all better than DD in my experience across many different routers. Currently using at home on a Cisco e3000. Runs so strong I removed and am no longer using my PFSense on a dual core Atom D510 w/2 gigs machine.

Toastman builds are rock solid. I run it on my e3000 & have for quite some time. He still constantly updates it.

Back